GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I was listening to Anthony Di Marco on TSN690 earlier today and he said a GM told him about a month ago to never believe the smoke you hear about the Habs leading up to the draft because they're always gonna do the opposite and called Hughes and Gorton the smokescreen kings of the NHL.

He said at last years draft no one thought the Habs were taking Reinbacher @ 5 and when they did he said he was told by someone that the Coyotes draft table was livid because everyone had the Habs going Leonard.

Also Marco D'Amico was on TSN690 talking the draft today. I didn't hear all of what he had to say yet but I did hear him say that from what he's hearing more and more on the ground he thinks there's more than a 50% chance that Demidov will be there @ 5 for the Habs and that he's either going to the Hawks or Habs. Said he's hearing the Hawks are leaning on taking @ dman which isn't really news since we've been hearing that for a while now but did mention Buium's name.

The Habs and Demidov talk starts just after the 34 minute mark in his segment.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
*insert existential crisis meltdown about 30 years no cup and 40 of no 100pts guy*

Get ready of Konsta Helenius. The only guy nobody talks about except GH.

Helenius is great and will make a team very happy, I just don't think he's got the upside to justify a 5th overall selection. Pretty good bet to be a 2nd line center, but we just need to swing a bit higher than that.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
How much action do people think will be taking place before 7:30 PM?
If I worked night shift I'd use a day otherwise I'd be taking a day off just to twiddle my thumbs here.
I guess trying to keep up with the gossip is a thing. :dunno:
i figure most action will take place only during the draft but some tv sports channel gave interesting pre draft show sometime all day long

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I was listening to Anthony Di Marco on TSN690 earlier today and he said a GM told him about a month ago to never believe the smoke you hear about the Habs leading up to the draft because they're always gonna do the opposite and called Hughes and Gorton the smokescreen kings of the NHL.

He said at last years draft no one thought the Habs were taking Reinbacher @ 5 and when they did he said he was told by someone that the Coyotes draft table was livid because everyone had the Habs going Leonard.
So in here we were all Reinbacher with an off-chance of Leonard (minus the people wanting Michkov), but it was the opposite for the GMs. :huh: We got better smoke anti-screen I guess...

Also, if that's true, that means Buium is not the Habs pick and they might not have Demidov at the top of their list either.

People might want to mentally prepare for Helenius at #5, just in case. :naughty:

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax

Not sure I really buy this. We didn't know for sure but going into 2022 we were pretty confident it was either Wright or Slafkovsky, and last year there was tons of noise about both Reinbacher and Leonard. I can certainly believe that other teams thought we'd lean Leonard but taking Reinbacher wasn't really much of a surprise.

Reactions: Leto

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I agree...I've been at the same company for almost 17 years now and have been stuck at 4 weeks vacation for 12 years....They just don't give more than that. At least I have 5 personal days on top of that.
f***ers.
Which Global Conglomerate owns your company ensuring the Executive's stock options are paid off on the backs of your sweat and tears. :sarcasm:
About twenty years ago or so is when Corporations came up with all kinds of inventive ways to boost earnings per employee and Banks were the worst.
Say Hello to the contract worker.

• Haha
Reactions: FrankMTL

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
Urth
Not sure I really buy this. We didn't know for sure but going into 2022 we were pretty confident it was either Wright or Slafkovsky, and last year there was tons of noise about both Reinbacher and Leonard. I can certainly believe that other teams thought we'd lean Leonard but taking Reinbacher wasn't really much of a surprise.

Hughes openly said just before the 2022 draft that the candidates were Wright, Slafkovsky and Cooley. In 2023, the smoke about Reinbacher was out there, nobody wanted to listen because of Michkov being available. Stephane Leroux was quite adamant in May 2023 that Michkov was not going to be selected by the Habs.​

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
People in the NHL might not have the same noises that we get. So the Leonard to Habs might have been more concentrated for them than for us, while the Reinbacher one was lesser.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree...I've been at the same company for almost 17 years now and have been stuck at 4 weeks vacation for 12 years....They just don't give more than that. At least I have 5 personal days on top of that.

23 years for me and capped out at 4 weeks as well. Only ones I know who get more are the ones who work at Banks, Insurance, Government. The ones with the most money and the most amount of lazy workers. haha. To be clear, not all of them are that way but a fair mount of them.

I got a job offer from the government about 6 years ago and told my employer. They blocked more than 4 weeks but gave me a yearly golf membership and increased my salary. Works for me and I stayed.

Reactions: Lshap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad