GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If the idea though is to move up in the 10-15 to get Eiserman....seems to me we are aiming D at 5 'cause we know Lindstrom and Demidov will be gone.

How satisfied will you be with Buium-Eiserman?

* 80% chance Demidov is not there at 5 IMO

* 50% chance Lindstrom is there at 5 IMO. There is a real chance he slips due the future potential issues with health.

I like both Buium and Eiserman. At this stage, there is marginal differences between them two and others around them.

I think if Demidov is gone before we pick and we are worried about Lindstrom, there is a strong chance we try to trade down to around 9 or 10.

Reactions: Tyson

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A few months ago, I posted this... Imagine passing on both Michkov and Demidov.

Can't imagine we would pass on Demidov this time around right? Many of us will give that a 0% chance but is it really 0%?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
From the recent Habs tweet:

Notable names from within the Canadiens’ organization eligible to participate include 2021 first-round selection Logan Mailloux, 2022 first-round selection Filip Mesar, 2022 second-round selections Owen Beck and Lane Hutson, 2022 third-round selection Adam Engstrom, 2023 first-round and fifth overall selection David Reinbacher, and 2023 fourth-round selection and Montreal native Quentin Miller. The club’s first-round, fifth overall selection from the 2024 NHL Entry Draft, who will be announced tomorrow night in Las Vegas, is also expected to play.

Ticket prices will range from $10 to $15 and will go on sale at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 2.

Would we really expect Ivan Demidov to suit up for this? I highly doubt it.

*tinfoil cap on* Demidov will not be a Hab confirmed. :laugh::help:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The problem with Eiserman isn’t defence. The problem is everything but shooting.

At 5 it would be a really stupid pick. But trading up from 26? That’s fine.
How about the same move for Brandsegg-Nygard? An hard nose bullying type of forward, 6'1", 207 lbs. A perfect fit for a 3rd line forward, this what I call depth and sometimes this kind of player makes the difference in PO. This type of player is the one you want to have on your side when tought times comes.

Here's a text about him :
Michael Brandsegg-Nygård is a gamer. Far from just holding his own, Brandsegg-Nygård bullied his opponents most nights. He went into every retrieval seeking out contact and almost always connected. Thunderous hits sent his opponents flying from the puck, and when he couldn’t overwhelm them with brute force, technique would take its place in the form of reverse hits, subtle jabs at the puck through contact to keep it from his opponent’s stick, or a drive up and through their hands to establish inside positioning. Source : EliteProspect 2024 NHL Draft Guide.

• Love
Reactions: rochab

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
We've waited 364 days for this.....

It's a marathon not a sprint. You're telling me there's nothing to be optimistic about when comparing what we had October 2021 vs now?

What has this management added to the core excluding Slafkovsky in the past 2.5 years that makes you so optimistic?

Not saying we didn't take any step forward. I'm saying we might end up in Sabres-Land if we're just willing to "let the rebuild follow its course".

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
How about the same move for Brandsegg-Nygard? An hard nose bullying type of forward, 6'1", 207 lbs. A perfect fit for a 3rd line forward, this what I call depth and sometimes this kind of player makes the difference in PO. This type of player is the one you want to have on your side when tought times comes.

Here's a text about him :
Michael Brandsegg-Nygård is a gamer. Far from just holding his own, Brandsegg-Nygård bullied his opponents most nights. He went into every retrieval seeking out contact and almost always connected. Thunderous hits sent his opponents flying from the puck, and when he couldn’t overwhelm them with brute force, technique would take its place in the form of reverse hits, subtle jabs at the puck through contact to keep it from his opponent’s stick, or a drive up and through their hands to establish inside positioning. Source : EliteProspect 2024 NHL Draft Guide.
MBN has been my favorite for the late first rounder all season long, right until the point where he established himself as a legit top 12/15 pick and we had no chance anymore. I'd be over the moon if we somehow managed to get him. That kid is going to be a pro, he didn't look out of place at all at the WC. Strong as a bull and real toolsy, excellent wrister.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Arpon's guess for Montreal's preference at 5(excluding Celebrini) is:
  1. Lindstrom
  2. Levshunov
  3. Demidov
  4. Buium
  5. Silayev
I doubt Silayev is on their radar, but it'd definitely cause some chaos if that's their pick lol.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
100% Demidov at Chicago.

A great playmaker, winger a bit like Pat Kane , Kucherov for the sniper center Bedard.

If their Guy was Levshunov they would be up to move back a bit in the draft and all indications are that they told the teams they will pick at 2nd

They target Demidov

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
What is next season russian superstar in his draft year? Want to prepare already for the post-deception when we skip Demidov and cling onto new hope

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com

Notable names from within the Canadiens’ organization eligible to participate include 2021 first-round selection Logan Mailloux, 2022 first-round selection Filip Mesar, 2022 second-round selections Owen Beck and Lane Hutson, 2022 third-round selection Adam Engstrom, 2023 first-round and fifth overall selection David Reinbacher, and 2023 fourth-round selection and Montreal native Quentin Miller. The club’s first-round, fifth overall selection from the 2024 NHL Entry Draft, who will be announced tomorrow night in Las Vegas, is also expected to play.

you mean there's a chance we move up to get Celebrini? :sarcasm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
In fact, what I have a hard time getting, is how this fanbase can be so confident in this management when this is the situation we find ourselves after 3 full years of tanking.

It seems people have fallen in love with "trusting the process" so much that they have forgotten the goal of a rebuild is to actually get better at some point in time.

Not saying they should all be fired. But a sane level of skepticism might be needed here. Instead of parroting "Went Wughes" and "St-Louis the player whisperer" nonsense.

We're nowhere near what a fanbase would hope after three years of tanking.
Lest we forget Kent Hughes is totally and unequivocally shackled in a number of areas not of his own making.
How many great ideas would a mind like his have come up with otherwise?
No one can tell me there isn't logic and a lot of thought behind what we've done even if we don't agree with it.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Ticket prices will range from $10 to $15 and will go on sale at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 2.

Would we really expect Ivan Demidov to suit up for this? I highly doubt it.

*tinfoil cap on* Demidov will not be a Hab confirmed. :laugh::help:
No NCAA (Levshunov, Buium) or Silayev either. I wouldn't read too much into it, whomever wrote that didn't really think about contractual limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad