GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
There's also live viewings factor to take into considarations. We don't really know if CHI/ANA/CBJ had any live game viewings of Demidov. It's been reported the Habs made an effort to do so, contrary to the Michkov situation. Scouts absolutely live and die by live viewings.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
One wild card in this thing is Silayev, IMO.

Everyone is sort of just assuming he goes to Anaheim. But if not, where?

Columbus is almost surely a no.

Montreal almost surely a no.

Can’t see Utah going that route. I imagine they’d prefer Buium, Dickinson or Parekh if going D, but maybe I’m wrong.

Ottawa? Not sure that’s who they’d be after either. I feel like Dickinson is a much better fit there if they want D, or I can definitely see them loving Sennecke if they go forward.

Seattle seems like a fit, but I feel like Buium would be their top choice if available.

Calgary? Maybe. But if Iginla is there that’s hard to pass up on, no? I feel like fans would be crying bloody murder of Iginla is there and they pass on him, but who knows. Puts a lot of pressure on the kid as well. If they go D, are Parekh and Yakemchuk better fits?

New Jersey? Buffalo? Can’t see a toolsy behemoth like Silayev falling out of the top 12..right?

I suppose Anaheim and Seattle make the most sense.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Pick buium and in 1 year or 2 get, a top 6 forward vs a dman. I mean, take the best and make. Makes some Moves after. I think, if Levshunov is going in Chichago. I could see Buium in Anaheim. He is from the area. And he is a future top 2 dman. Thats what you want at 3 anyway.
Buium is great, I really like him but I think the fit here is poor. I do see him potentially going to Anaheim as well.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Jackets have so many Russians, would be surprised if they dont take him if available.

The problem for the jackets is they already have a ton of talented wingers and have a need for a center.

At wing:

Gaudreau
Laine (for now)
Marchenko
Kent Johnson
Chinakhov
Texier
Nylander
Brindley
Dumais

At center:
Fantili
Voronkov
Sillinger
Bel Belluz

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Buium is great, I really like him but I think the fit here is poor. I do see him potentially going to Anaheim as well.
Buium / Reinbacher
Guhle / Hutson
Xhekaj / Mailloux

That would be awesome. You are set for 10 years. Or make some trade for a forward. No?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
They have met with all top candidates. Marco is texting for the sake of texting. And it's good that you do put this out there, @Balthazar , not directed at you. It's just that there is so little to go on right now for the MOntreal beat writers that they take any grain of info and just run with it.

Well, I hope so, it's tomorrow FFS.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Do you guys think team scouts, Gm's etc. talk, and they have an inkling what each team is going to take? More so in the top 5 or so.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Everyone basically has Levshunov locked in for the hawks
Demidov has barely been linked to the ducks

So the Demidov dream will depend on what the jackets do.
Winger is the least needed position for the Jackets. That doesn't preclude them from taking Demidov if they believe he is the BPA, but it's a factor to consider.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Son of a bitch that takes away the option to trade with BUF
If we could turn that 26 into a teen mannnn, cmon boys
1719519598419.png

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don’t think it’ll be Silayev for the Ducks. Their young forwards are all in the NHL, I can’t see them waiting 2-3 years for him to come over. I think it’s more likely that they go with Dickinson or maybe another surprise.

Reactions: NobleSix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad