GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
And we’re back
1719516984253.gif

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Demidov is an amazing passer as a winger.....perfect player to play with Bedard the sniper.

He is on the wing a bit like Jagr, Kane Kucherov were.

I hope I am wrong but I cant see them passing on him even if a good D would be great for their rebuilt

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Fingers crossed that in 30 hours we'll have another core piece of out top 6 locked up, whether that's by draft or trade. I'll be very whelmed if we go with a defenseman and don't manage a trade for a top 6 talent.

Just package 5 and 26 for 3! Secure the asset as the CIA would say
I'd do that without hesitation if Anaheim was open to it.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
It's kinda weird that everyone seems to know that Chicago is taking Levshunov. Would be hilarious if it was all just smokescreen to troll everyone.

But Anaheim and Columbus were always going to set the tone.

I don't think Demidov is the kind of player Anaheim wants. In a year where they're trading out finesse players, it's safe to say they're passing on Demidov.

Columbus, i have honestly no idea what they want. Their drafting and team building philosophy seems to lack any form of identity.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
lets hope

1- San Jose Sharks: Macklin Celebrini (C)
2- Chicago Blackhawks: Artyom Levshunov (DD)
3- Anaheim Ducks: Anton Silayev (GM) or Beckett Sennecke (RW)
4- Columbus Blue Jackets: Cayden Lindstrom (C)
5- Montreal Canadiens: Ivan Demidov (RW)
That’s my guess too.

Reactions: sampollock

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I don't believe this at all. They target Demidov.

If they would target Levshunov they would be open to down trade their pick a bit
No, if they want Levshunov they have to pick him at 2. Anaheim will take him at 3 if he's available so if they want him they can't trade down past 3 or swap picks with the Ducks who would just pick Levshunov themselves.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Watch the Ducks take Lindstrom and Jackets take Demidov despite the Hawks taking Levshunov.
This is the true worst case scenario.

Celebrini
Levshunov
Lindstrom
Demidov

That leaves us with Dickinson/Buium which are a tier lower, or Silayev/Parekh/Iginla/Sennecke/Catton which are IMO a tier lower than that.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Everyone basically has Levshunov locked in for the hawks
Demidov has barely been linked to the ducks

So the Demidov dream will depend on what the jackets do.
Jackets have so many Russians, would be surprised if they dont take him if available.

Reactions: Chr1s97

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
This is the true worst case scenario.

Celebrini
Levshunov
Lindstrom
Demidov

That leaves us with Dickinson/Buium which are a tier lower, or Silayev/Parekh/Iginla/Sennecke/Catton which are IMO a tier lower than that.
Pick buium and in 1 year or 2 get, a top 6 forward vs a dman. I mean, take the best and make. Makes some Moves after. I think, if Levshunov is going in Chichago. I could see Buium in Anaheim. He is from the area. And he is a future top 2 dman. Thats what you want at 3 anyway.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Everyone basically has Levshunov locked in for the hawks
Demidov has barely been linked to the ducks

So the Demidov dream will depend on what the jackets do.
Yup and the best part is if there's one team desperate for centers in their pipeline it's Colombus, beyond Fantilli which is already questionable as a future C, there's literally no top 6 C's neither in the pros or the minors

I wouldn't be surprised if the grab Helenius in case they're concerned with Lindstrom's back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad