Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Emery had a good U-18 tournament which likely helped him go in 1st rd. Elick wasn’t quite as good in that tournament, likely why he fell to 2nd rd.

Thought Elick would go before Danford.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Didn’t check draft eligible players this year since Jets dont have a pick.

But would the Jets gotten any decent 3-4 line player from it 4-5 years from now with the pick this year?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Didn’t check draft eligible players this year since Jets dont have a pick.

But would the Jets gotten any decent 3-4 line player from it 4-5 years from now with the pick this year?
For sure, my cynical friend, and will with #37 too.😁

I think Russo was stalking Chevy with all his "on the phone" tweets.

I wonder if he had a Tonya Tapper under his jacket and was hoping to exact revenge for Chevy's meanies hurting his favourite player.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
“It’s always high at this point in time,” he said. “From a team perspective and from a scouting perspective, this is where you restock the cupboards. It’s interesting to see the ebbs and flows of the value of a draft pick. At the draft here, you can’t get one to save your life, but at the trade deadline, everyone just says, ‘Yeah, yeah. Give them this one, give them that one.’

“This is where you sit and feel it. You have the passion to want to help your team, do something at the deadline, help them move forward. Usually, it’s picks. Then you’re sitting here today. It’s a lonely Maytag repairman-type feeling.”

Sounds like Chevy was trying to get back into round #1, but the price was just too high. Just a thought... if you want picks in round #1, then stop trading them away.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“It’s always high at this point in time,” he said. “From a team perspective and from a scouting perspective, this is where you restock the cupboards. It’s interesting to see the ebbs and flows of the value of a draft pick. At the draft here, you can’t get one to save your life, but at the trade deadline, everyone just says, ‘Yeah, yeah. Give them this one, give them that one.’

“This is where you sit and feel it. You have the passion to want to help your team, do something at the deadline, help them move forward. Usually, it’s picks. Then you’re sitting here today. It’s a lonely Maytag repairman-type feeling.”

Sounds like Chevy was trying to get back into round #1, but the price was just too high. Just a thought... if you want picks in round #1, then stop trading them away.

Hopefully he can parlay Rutger into a young NHL C. Between that and Lambert no more 1sts for 2/3C rentals maybe :laugh:.

Last edited:

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Wish list for today includes

Charlie Elick RD
Dominik Badinka RD
Igor Chernyshov RW
Lucas Pettersson C
Aatos Koivu C
Eriks Mateiko LW
Kevin He LW
Ludvig Johnson D
Kieron Walton LW
Herman Traff RW

Forgot to add Jesse Pulkkinen to the list.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I have no issue with Chevy trading a 1st for Monahan...you have a playoff team that needs fine tuning, the arms race started with Lindholm going to the Canucks...now you lost a draft pick that isn't all that different from the one you are sitting on in the Dubois trade, in terms of player value.

The Toffoli trade on the other hand, give a veteran coach a vet to play with, and we still have no idea what Perfetti looks like as a playoff performer.

Might get that 3rd back with a Stanley trade...Might even get another pick with a Kupari trade. But the 2nd next year is gone too, and if Monahan doesn't re-sign does this team still need a C at the trade deadline, or can Lambert make the progression this year maybe with another half season on the Moose? The Jets are losing draft capital every playoff run, and that doesn't seem to be sustainable.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Draft starts at 10:30 our time.

I have done a bit of snooping but I don’t have much passion for anyone this slot given my lack of studying. Any kid in the second round is usually 4 years off so beggars can’t be choosers just pick a kid that might actually impact the line up in any position in the second round.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I have done a bit of snooping but I don’t have much passion for anyone this slot given my lack of studying. Any kid in the second round is usually 4 years off so beggars can’t be choosers just pick a kid that might actually impact the line up in any position in the second round.

Agreed. I'll also have to do research on whoever it is we draft.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Exciting to see that we could find someone to eventually replace kovacevic and chisholm

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I have no issue with Chevy trading a 1st for Monahan...you have a playoff team that needs fine tuning, the arms race started with Lindholm going to the Canucks...now you lost a draft pick that isn't all that different from the one you are sitting on in the Dubois trade, in terms of player value.

The Toffoli trade on the other hand, give a veteran coach a vet to play with, and we still have no idea what Perfetti looks like as a playoff performer.

Might get that 3rd back with a Stanley trade...Might even get another pick with a Kupari trade. But the 2nd next year is gone too, and if Monahan doesn't re-sign does this team still need a C at the trade deadline, or can Lambert make the progression this year maybe with another half season on the Moose? The Jets are losing draft capital every playoff run, and that doesn't seem to be sustainable.

It’s not sustainable. Perhaps we mix in some seasons where we miss the playoffs and we are sellers.

Take the Wild as an example. They just finished a respectable non playoff season where they were somewhat in the hunt until late which keeps fans interested. They had 87 points, drafted 12th, and landed Zeev Buium who I think will eventually play on their top pair with Faber for a decade. Yesterday was a very good day for the future of their franchise.

I am not saying tank, I am saying we need to be smart. Realistically until this group shows something different in the playoffs, this is not a contending core. It’s ok to win now, great to continue to compete now, but don’t sell the farm, find a balance. The years we miss the playoffs we need to sell well (See Copp, Andrew).

Last year was the year we went for it by giving up 4 draft picks. We can’t do that again this year. We need to preserve at least our 1st IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad