Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I have been digging comments at him for his rumors on twitter and he actually replied "are you okay?"
Lol ... I'm not the one looking like an idiot with all the wrong guesses.:laugh:
"No, I'm not OK... some hack reporter promised me a trade today and I got my hopes up and NOTHING"

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
It is possible lot of these discussed trades perhaps materialize later.... NHL ain't the NBA, it takes these GMs months to complete some mid ass trade, and years if you're some semblance of a star.

However

Similar to last year, tonight was 😴😴😴
I think it must be hard to do a hockey trade in 3 minutes. Only picks seem to move.

Reactions: ps241

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It is possible lot of these discussed trades perhaps materialize later.... NHL ain't the NBA, it takes these GMs months to complete some mid ass trade, and years if you're some semblance of a star.

However

Similar to last year, tonight was 😴😴😴
Good night for Canadian hockey, might be the last time you see 7 Canadians drafted in the first 9 picks.

But I was looking through the 2018 draft, which was the last time the Jets didn't have a 1st round pick. Between Farabee, who was the 14th pick and Gustafsson, who was 60th, there aren't many player the Jets missed out on...Maybe Miller and Sandin in the 1st round, and some guys in the 2nd round, drafted before Gus, mostly d-men...

37 is a lot better draft position than 60, so maybe it's not a huge miss tonight, in spite of the Vegas hype.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
still nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others!

lots of ' idiots' patting each other on the back in here is all i see.

not sure what that's about but i call it ' failing the rorshach test'
Do idiots capitalize the first letter of sentences?

Do idiots recognize the irony of a person calling people idiots for pointing out the shortcomings of others when that's exactly what they, themselves, are doing?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I fe
Good night for Canadian hockey, might be the last time you see 7 Canadians drafted in the first 9 picks.

But I was looking through the 2018 draft, which was the last time the Jets didn't have a 1st round pick. Between Farabee, who was the 14th pick and Gustafsson, who was 60th, there aren't many player the Jets missed out on...Maybe Miller and Sandin in the 1st round, and some guys in the 2nd round, drafted before Gus, mostly d-men...

37 is a lot better draft position than 60, so maybe it's not a huge miss tonight, in spite of the Vegas hype.

I think we'll get a player at 37 that isn't appreciably different than the player at 25. I think that's why you saw a few trade backs in the back end of the 1st round.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I wonder what the conditions are for the option pick that the Oilers just traded. That seems like an odd trade considering a 32nd overall pick isn't likely going to make the team in any reasonable timeline for their current core. Why not just keep your options open to trade for rentals?

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
I wonder what the conditions are for the option pick that the Oilers just traded. That seems like an odd trade considering a 32nd overall pick isn't likely going to make the team in any reasonable timeline for their current core. Why not just keep your options open to trade for rentals?
Horrendous trade. Imagine that future pick ends up 10th overall.

Also so crazy disrespectful :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in the crowd at the draft

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Ken Holland's last headscratcher with the org?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad