Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Draft

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Two out of three because bottom 6 is a big need. One of the worst bottom sixes in the league in my opinion. Greenway and Krebs and nobody.
This team doesn't need to win the cup, it needs to make the playoffs. A horrible, horrible record as well as being mismanaged.
Jost, olofsson, skinner, girgenson are not 'nobody' - this is like saying namestnikov is a nobody

Tage Thompson played injured that's the main reason they had a tough year.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Jost, olofsson, skinner, girgenson are not 'nobody' - this is like saying namestnikov is a nobody

Tage Thompson played injured that's the main reason they had a tough year.
They had a tough year because the goaltenders sucked for half a season and some of their forwards regressed from lat year.

Olofsson only knows how to play one side of the red line. People here get on KC for his D, watch Olofsson for awhile.

Which Jost are talking about? the Jost that scored 6 points in 43 games for the Sabres or the Jost that scored 14 points in 25 games in the AHL last season?

I honeslty don't mind Grigs but does 14 points cut it? He's 30 and has hit 30 points once and hasn't hit more than 19 points in the 10 years since.

Skinner is not a bottom 6 player, but since you brought him up, he scored 46 points on a deal that has an AAV of 9m......for 3 more seasons!!!

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
They had a tough year because the goaltenders sucked for half a season and some of their forwards regressed from lat year.

Olofsson only knows how to play one side of the red line. People here get on KC for his D, watch Olofsson for awhile.

Which Jost are talking about? the Jost that scored 6 points in 43 games for the Sabres or the Jost that scored 14 points in 25 games in the AHL last season?

I honeslty don't mind Grigs but does 14 points cut it? He's 30 and has hit 30 points once and hasn't hit more than 19 points in the 10 years since.

Skinner is not a bottom 6 player, but since you brought him up, he scored 46 points on a deal that has an AAV of 9m......for 3 more seasons!!!
Skinner has been bumped out of their top six.

Bolstering their 4th line is the least of their needs.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
McKeen's latest mock has Emery and Ellick going in the 1st round to VGK and NYR. Badinka available at our pick, but we decide to troll the Habs by taking Lane Hutson's brother with their pick.
I'd trade that pick to the Habs if they want to draft Hutson, since they already drafted Xhekaj's brother, if that got us Justin Barron back...I feel like Reinbacher and MaIlloux are going to push him out sooner than later, and it's been awhile since the Jets had a smooth skating right defenseman around these parts, unless you count Poolman as an above average skater with a below average skillset.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The chances of us picking in the first half of the first have probably increased a bit with the Rutger news - I have 0 idea about who is supposed to go here except for Celebrini + a bunch of defensemen.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The chances of us picking in the first half of the first have probably increased a bit with the Rutger news - I have 0 idea about who is supposed to go here except for Celebrini + a bunch of defensemen.
IMO there are several teams in the top 15 that would rather trade the pick for a prospect like McGroarty - if they feel he can step in right away.

Born leaders are hard to come by. Born leaders with his talent level are even more rare.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
There is also Lindsrom, a big 6.3 center with speed. a Canadian kid projected in the 5-8 range. Usually gets projected as a 70 point 2 way center in the NHL. Might be a perfect fit for us.

Reactions: hockeyarena

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Carter Yakemchuk is interesting. Big guy very offensive and defense is weaker. A late birthday. Right handed as well.

Jett Luchanko just because of the name but the guy is a dog out there and a center.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
There is also Lindsrom, a big 6.3 center with speed. a Canadian kid projected in the 5-8 range. Usually gets projected as a 70 point 2 way center in the NHL. Might be a perfect fit for us.
I think he's getting picked in the 2-4 range.
Might be a perfect fit but he's also a pipe dream.

Reactions: hockeyarena

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I haven't been following this draft as closely as I usually do due to work and us not having any picks. But I'll start digging in and watching some vids over the next week to see what is out there among the early 1st in hopes we get a pick.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Carter Yakemchuk is interesting. Big guy very offensive and defense is weaker. A late birthday. Right handed as well.

Jett Luchanko just because of the name but the guy is a dog out there and a center.
If the Jets could obtain a top 10 pick, Yakemchuk does seem to fill a need for the team. Pair him with a steady defense-first Samberg and that might be a very solid pairing.

Lindstrom would be a nice add too, though that doesn’t seem as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad