Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Ya just a quick reminder that there is no consensus among scouts/execs for this draft. There is a good post in this thread a few weeks ago with a bunch of scout and exec quotes. Additionally, mentioned this a few days ago but the Blackbook guy posted on the main boards and mentioned most of the public scouting lists just feed off of each other and generally all tend to look the same while actual scouts are generally much more varied.

Public lists had Mo Seider as a non top 10 pick but obviously Detroit (and likely other teams as well) thought he was deserving of a high pick. On the other hand many public lists had Tyler Boucher as far back as a mid 2nd yet Ottawa thought he was worthy of 10th overall and made one of the worst top 10 picks in recent memory (probably passes Andersson and Juolevi) Ottawa management was such a mess I wouldn't be surprised if that was management overruling their scouts tho.
Juolevi was a pretty good pick at the time if only in the sense he was universally considered worthy of a top 7 pick. The Boucher pick was certainly bad but a lot of teams screwed up because it was so difficult to scout in the pandemic draft of 2021. I'd say the Andersson pick was the worst of the 3 because, even though 2017 was a weak draft class, the Rangers had all year to scout those guys. You can't be taking a player at #7 overall who both has questions in his intangibles and lacks any elite offensive tools, it doesn't matter what year.

With Mo Seider, I had him ranked #11 and thought he was a great pick at #6. But he's a perfect example and I'm glad you brought him up. The knocks against him were mostly stat-based, as many in the draft-writing community are too lazy to watch German league hockey, and the very worst draft writers don't watch any of the players and rank strictly on stats.

This makes Seider a great parallel for Stian Solberg this year. Both physical, both skate well, both think the game well, both sacrificed stats in an obscure men's league in order to play air-tight defense. I have Solberg at #14 this year, but again that's just a number -- I could easily see a team taking him at #8 overall and raising eyebrows but four years later it's universally considered a great pick.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If both players hit a reasonable peak, Nygard will score more goals than Sennecke and Sennecke will amass more assists. If both players hit their absolute peak, we're probably talking something like slightly-less-violent Brady Tkachuk vs. not-as-fast Clayton Keller.

The idea that Nygard lacks upside is downright silly. Compared to Demidov? Yes, Nygard lacks upside. Compared to Sennecke? I would argue Nygard's upside as higher. It's a matter of comparison ultimately, because all of the players mentioned in anyone's top 20 have "upside". It's just a matter of what type of upside for what type of players they project as.

Eiserman's *pure upside* we can argue as significantly higher than Nygard or Sennecke, he just has a country mile to go to even start scratching the surface.

So why isn't Eiserman a universal choice for the Devils at #10? Because if that kid figures it out, he can be a perennial 50+ goal scorer. His stats this year blew away the field in the #5-#20 range.

My question -- not to you in particular but to everyone in the draft community -- would be: what is upside and how heavily should we weigh it? Because there are a lot of factors which contribute to how good a player can become, but in terms of pure goalscoring upside we could argue Eiserman should go #1 overall in this draft ahead of Celebrini. I mean, we obviously won't, but we could. But I can say this -- if we were factoring in this elusive "upside", Sennecke would not even be in the conversation with Eiserman. It's absolutely not close.

Personally, I have the two players ranked about the same, because I like Sennecke's chances of reaching his upside a bit more than Eiserman, but obviously Eiserman's upside is far greater. But the reason you take Sennecke over Eiserman is that he has the higher floor.
A not as fast Clayton Keller in a 6-3 frame? Sounds like a player I’d want on my team.

But at any rate, there is obviously just a disagreement in player evaluation between you and scouts that have him higher. If things are as you say, obviously it’s nonsense to pick him. But not everyone sees it that way lol.

If MBN does everything well, has the floor plus the ceiling…well he wouldn’t go 15. You may be right in the end, but that just doesn’t seem to be how the scouts are seeing it. Something is going on to keep him out of the top 10.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
A not as fast Clayton Keller in a 6-3 frame? Sounds like a player I’d want on my team.

But at any rate, there is obviously just a disagreement in player evaluation between you and scouts that have him higher. If things are as you say, obviously it’s nonsense to pick him. But not everyone sees it that way lol.

If MBN does everything well, has the floor plus the ceiling…well he wouldn’t go 15. You may be right in the end, but that just doesn’t seem to be how the scouts are seeing it. Something is going on to keep him out of the top 10.
Consolidation rankings for Sennecke is 15 and MBN is 13.

Even if it changed - in facts it doesnt change the fact that Sennecke is worser skater with weaker shot and weak two way game. It doesnt change the fact that MBN is the hardest worker of the draft with very good skating, speed and one of the best shots of the drafts. With positional vision, not without it like Sennecke.

If Scouts like Sennecke passing and puckhandling - they can make the same mistake as they did when Lundell was drafted after Holtz and Perfetti. Nygard is better and faster skater with better shot than Lundell with quite similar good positional and physical game.
Of course if we are talking about skills, iq and other tools and tool boxes.

Or we can talk about scouts. If we cant talk about real skill and iq.

Some scouts have Boucher higher than many other prospects. As Holtz, as Perfetti. Or many other examples. Scouting ranks and writers ranks mean nothing in players evaluations. Because its ranks. I have some players higher than Steve, Steve has some other players higher than me, players will develop because they will or will not handle it. Like I said some NHL SCOUT of NHL TEAM said that he was impressed by Sennecke and not impressed by Demidov, Pronman has Sennecke at 5 and Demidov at 8. Of course you can believe them more than me or Steve. Who cares about previous track record. Who cares about logic sense. You dont even need to watch this players (Demidov is easily available on youtube with tonns of his games). No ranks will change the talent. Someone may be blind, someone may be stupid, someone may be biased.

I would be interest in how would Sennecke could be ranked if he would be the same player from Norway and how Nygard would be ranked if he would be Canadien grit fast scorer with great two way game. Oh, I would be listen. I dont even ask for Sennecke to be smaller like Steve.

But I would ask Sennecke to be faster or at least try to be more competitive. It would help to rise his stocks on my board. Too bad he is average skater with below average compete level and average positional vision to be higher on my list. Without defensive game. And I would love to see Montreal draft him. Or Columbus. Hope they will do this pick.

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Enough of the annoyingly aggressive bullshit. Just don’t even respond if you’re not capable of that.

Anyway, the Vegas odds are moving in the direction of him being a top 10 pick with some others going the other way. Almost across the board, the newer the mock, the higher he’s going. Again, let’s continue this talk when Bob’s list is out.

Nothing aggressive about it. Sorry you don’t like it. I just said it’s blatantly untrue. If the Vegas odds are just moving in that direction now how does that remotely say the vast majority of scouts have him in the top 10? That doesn’t match up.

The only Vegas odds I could find really like him.

Check out where Fan Duel has Sennecke in their Top 11 in these bets (these were the only listed, plus #1).

#2 Pick
IMG_8067.jpeg
#3 pick
IMG_8068.jpeg
#5 pick
IMG_8069.jpeg

Draft Kings has #2 & #3
IMG_8070.jpeg

Bennett Sennecke Rankings:

Black Book/ Hockeyprospect.com
Jun 10 2024 - 6th link
Jan 22 2024 - 17th link
Dec 25 2023 - 15th link
Nov 27 2023 - 14th link

Corey Pronman/ The Athletic
May 28 2024 - 7th link (Top 129)
Apr 17 2024 - 12th link (Top 40)
Mar 2024 - 15th link (Top 34)
Jan 2024 - 24th link (Top 36)
Nov 2023 - NR link (Top 33)

Elite Prospects
Jun 3 2024 - 9th Guide (Top 134)
Apr 4 2024 - 19th link (Top 96)
Jan 30 2024 - 19th link (Top 64)
Nov 1 2023 - 22nd link (Top 32)

Chris Peters/ Flo Hockey
Jun 3 2024 - 11th link (Top 100)
Feb 14 2024 - 21st link (Top 50)

Craig Button/ TSN
Jun 19 2024 - 11th link (Top 96)
May 22 2024 - 12th link (Top 64)
Mar 28 2024 - 39th link (Top 64)
Jan 11 2024 - 49th link (Top 64)
Nov 30 2023 - 31st link (Top 64)

McKeen’s Hockey
June 1 2024 - 14th link
Dec 23 2023 - 24th link

Scott Wheeler/ The Athletic
Jun 3 2024 - 16th link (Final Top 100)
May 6 2024 - 16th link (Top 32 Update)
Mar 25 2024 - 23rd link (Top 64)
Jan 29 2024 - 27th link (Top 64)
Nov 8 2023 - 32nd link (Top 64)
Aug 14 2023 - 21st link (Top 32 w/ 35 HM)
Apr 4 2023 - HM link (Top 24 w/ 40 HM)

Bob Mckenzie
Jun 2024 - ?
May 6 2024 - 14th link (Top 15)
Jan 22 2024 - 19th link (Top 80 & 20 HM)
Sep 14 2023 - HM link (Top 16 & 4 HM)

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Consolidation rankings for Sennecke is 15 and MBN is 13.

Even if it changed - in facts it doesnt change the fact that Sennecke is worser skater with weaker shot and weak two way game. It doesnt change the fact that MBN is the hardest worker of the draft with very good skating, speed and one of the best shots of the drafts. With positional vision, not without it like Sennecke.

If Scouts like Sennecke passing and puckhandling - they can make the same mistake as they did when Lundell was drafted after Holtz and Perfetti. Nygard is better and faster skater with better shot than Lundell with quite similar good positional and physical game.
Of course if we are talking about skills, iq and other tools and tool boxes.

Or we can talk about scouts. If we cant talk about real skill and iq.

Some scouts have Boucher higher than many other prospects. As Holtz, as Perfetti. Or many other examples. Scouting ranks and writers ranks mean nothing in players evaluations. Because its ranks. I have some players higher than Steve, Steve has some other players higher than me, players will develop because they will or will not handle it. Like I said some NHL SCOUT of NHL TEAM said that he was impressed by Sennecke and not impressed by Demidov, Pronman has Sennecke at 5 and Demidov at 8. Of course you can believe them more than me or Steve. Who cares about previous track record. Who cares about logic sense. You dont even need to watch this players (Demidov is easily available on youtube with tonns of his games). No ranks will change the talent. Someone may be blind, someone may be stupid, someone may be biased.

I would be interest in how would Sennecke could be ranked if he would be the same player from Norway and how Nygard would be ranked if he would be Canadien grit fast scorer with great two way game. Oh, I would be listen. I dont even ask for Sennecke to be smaller like Steve.

But I would ask Sennecke to be faster or at least try to be more competitive. It would help to rise his stocks on my board. Too bad he is average skater with below average compete level and average positional vision to be higher on my list. Without defensive game. And I would love to see Montreal draft him. Or Columbus. Hope they will do this pick.
I’d ask you the same: were your viewing early in the year? Did you see him down the stretch? In the playoffs? That’s where he has turned many heads.

Maybe the unimpressive player away from the puck you saw early was not the guy he turned into by the end of the year.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Sennecke has become a very good ohl player no doubt. Don’t think he’s very translatable to the NHL level though or skilled enough.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I’d ask you the same: were your viewing early in the year? Did you see him down the stretch? In the playoffs? That’s where he has turned many heads.

Maybe the unimpressive player away from the puck you saw early was not the guy he turned into by the end of the year.
Again - Helenius was great in play off, Iginla was great in play off, Nygard was great in play off.
Sennecke was great when started to play with one of the best players Ritchie. Nygard was great in play off when started to play with 19 yo players on the line against older competition.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Again - Helenius was great in play off, Iginla was great in play off, Nygard was great in play off.
Sennecke was great when started to play with one of the best players Ritchie. Nygard was great in play off when started to play with 19 yo players on the line against older competition.
Do you put no stock in the idea that he went from like 5-10 to 6-3 in a very short period and it took him time to adjust? To me that alone can explain the difference in ranking. At the end of the day we want to select the best player 3-5 years from now.

Reactions: My3Sons

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Do you put no stock in the idea that he went from like 5-10 to 6-3 in a very short period and it took him time to adjust? To me that alone can explain the difference in ranking. At the end of the day we want to select the best player 3-5 years from now.
Have you really watched Sennecke and really like him or what has been the point of this full day conversation about him?

Some people in here have watched quite a bit of him and don’t like him as much as other players and you’ve just continuously talked about that scouts have really liked him, and his growth spurt, and recent rankings and rumours. What do you think about him? We read and see the same stuff as you but have different opinions based on what we’ve seen.

The whole point having scouts or in this boards case for some, of watching these prospects is to formulate your own opinions and projections.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

There is so much bias involved in the NHL Draft universe.

Myself included. If a draft writer whom I respect like Cam Robinson or Steve Kournianos is particularly in love with a prospect, I'm going to double up on how much tape I'll watch on that prospect. Oftentimes, this results in a bump in my own rankings for such prospects.

A good example of this would be Adam Fox in 2016. Routinely left off of top 100 lists entirely, I always liked him but Kournianos loved him as a potential 1st round pick from the get go. Inspired by Kournianos, I hit the game film of Fox, hard. The more I watched him, the more I agreed with Mr. Kournianos until I ultimately lifted Fox into my own 1st round.

Cam Robinson and I both hit on Brock Faber as a top-20ish worthy pick about the same time in the 2020 draft. I think we fed off each other a bit, sending each other dozens of messages about how terrific Faber was and wondering why other draft writers could not be bothered to give him the time of day.

I can honestly say that most draft writers -- even names I respect like Pronman, Wheeler and Button -- do not affect my rankings even a little. Though I respect them (and state it often), I rarely agree with either their methodology in ranking prospects or the rankings themselves.

Simply put, most of my evaluations come from researching and watching the prospects. I was the first person I saw (along with @Guadana) to say Nygard was worthy of a top 10 pick, or that Solberg was worthy of a top 15 pick (although @Guttersniped clearly liked him a lot). This is not to boast, but simply to say I have my own conclusions and, right or wrong, I'm willing to back them up with cohesive debates why.

The one thing I will say in my behalf is that I'm unaffected by geographical biases. To me, if all things were the same about Sennecke and Nygard except Sennecke was Norwegian and Nygard was an Ontario kid playing in the OHL, the consensus ranking between the two would not be close and Nygard would be far, far ahead. I said the same thing with Kopitar in 2005, with Ehlers in 2014 and with Seider in 2019. I'm saying the same things with Nygard and Solberg now.

I also don't really care about height with forwards. It's why I had Brayden Point ahead of John Quenneville and Brendan Perlini in 2014 and why I had Logan Stankoven ahead of Oskar Olausson and Zach Dean in 2021. Whereas length gives an appreciable edge to defenders, with forwards these things can almost always be overcome through a mix of intelligence and compete level.

I'd say I'm pretty obvious and consistent with my reasoning, and am the first to admit I'm not always right. But I'd say a better response in this scenario than questioning my explained-ad-nauseum argument that Sennecke is not a realistic top 10 pick would be to write Corey Pronman and ask for a detailed explanation of how he has Sennecke ranked over Demidov when Demidov is visibly much-better-to-much-much-better than Sennecke at every possible thing we could think of aside from being 6'3. Again, I really like Pronman and he's a good dude, so I'd say there's a good chance he'll get back to you.

To sum up and move to other things -- is it possible Sennecke goes top 10? Yes, absolutely. Teams love 6'3 and Canadian and spectacular highlight reels, and Sennecke has all three. He's a realistic mock draft pick to Ottawa at #7, maybe even Utah at #6 since that Utah scouting staff is more obsessed with height than any other in the entire NHL.

Is it possible that the Devils take Sennecke at #10? I don't see it. Fitzgerald has shown a repeated desire to get more difficult to play against, which I think rules out Eiserman and Sennecke and Parekh as realistic possibilities, and lowers the possibility of Catton. It's speculative, but I think Fitzgerald really wanted Matt Tkachuk and, after missing out, went all-in (smartly) for Timo Meier. I think out of all the top 15 2024 draft forwards, the three players who fit this general profile are Lindstrom, Nygard and Chernyshov. While Lindstrom will be likely be gone already by #10, I think Nygard gets a slight edge over Chernyshov in the same player-type. This is why my mock draft had Nygard to the Devils, and still does.

If you're going to say I just speculated a lot, you are entirely right. But seeing as I don't have Fitzgerald on speed-dial (yet -- doesn't he read the HFBoards draft threads?), I have no other choice than to take him at his word.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Yeah, so I would prefer player who skates better and read the game better. He can grow to 7'3 but it will not help him to move faster or play defensive game better. Height dont correlate with decision making and positional vision. It could be okay if he would have problems with the puck but he isnt. If he will develop this and that and that - than sure. But Nygard has less to improve to be better player 3-5 years from now.
Its 4 years after 2020 draft. Lundell is better player than Perrault(better skating, lack of compete level, "big offensive upside", lack of defensive game), than Perfetti, than Holtz, than Gunler if you want bigger player with "big offensive upside". Nygard is 6'1 and skates like 5'10. Sennecke is 6'3 and skates like... okay to good 6'3.
How you decided that Sennecke will be better player 3-5 years from now? Because what? He is two inches taller and have better puckhandling? Is it enough? So we just need to ask Nygard to spend one more year in junior league to train his puckhandling? Because this is what Sennecke will do next year or may be two years. Nygard will play in Sweden.

What about Chernyshov is 6'2, may be has even better puckhandling, it works against players from the second best league, he is better and faster skater, good defensively, good two way player, better physical player, nice hands, accurate passes. Ah, I guess I know the answer. He is Igor Chernyshov, he is not Harry Black. Same with Nygard.

Last edited:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Have you really watched Sennecke and really like him or what has been the point of this full day conversation about him?

Some people in here have watched quite a bit of him and don’t like him as much as other players and you’ve just continuously talked about that scouts have really liked him, and his growth spurt, and recent rankings and rumours. What do you think about him? We read and see the same stuff as you but have different opinions based on what we’ve seen.

The whole point having scouts or in this boards case for some, of watching these prospects is to formulate your own opinions and projections.
You’re free to follow where the conversation started, it’s right there and quite easy to follow.

No, I do not watch junior hockey and said I don’t. I like to read about the draft when it rolls around and enjoy looking at tracked microstats throughout the year when they’re available.

The point of this thread is to discuss the draft, not wack off to players that have become HF darlings. Especially when it’s looking likelier and likelier that we’re not getting one of the darlings and very possibly getting someone that hasn’t been hyped at all.

Like, from the tone here, we’re committing an unforgivable boner by passing on MBN and he’s literally even money to go 15 or later.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
You’re free to follow where the conversation started, it’s right there and quite easy to follow.

No, I do not watch junior hockey and said I don’t. I like to read about the draft when it rolls around and enjoy looking at tracked microstats throughout the year when they’re available.

The point of this thread is to discuss the draft, not wack off to players that have become HF darlings. Especially when it’s looking likelier and likelier that we’re not getting one of the darlings and very possibly getting someone that hasn’t been hyped at all.

Like, from the tone here, we’re committing an unforgivable boner by passing on MBN and he’s literally even money to go 15 or later.
I fully see where the conversation started so no need for the dumb attitude and I’m not one to whack off to those players. I’ve said I wouldn’t take MBN at 10. Wouldn’t be the worst pick but there’s players I like more. I agree that some players get overhyped and it becomes an echo chamber and some people get convinced we’re gonna take that player somehow or would be making a huge mistake not to.

All I’m saying is you’ve spent a ton of time on here today without sharing an original thought. Just regurgitating that NHL teams have become higher on Sennecke lately which we all know. Just to suggests a lot of people here lower on him are wrong. And then coming up with reasons outside of his play that people on here aren’t as high on him.

I don’t care that scouts like him, he might go in the top 10 or that we may very well take him. I don’t think he’s good enough to go 10th, I like other players more, and I hope we don’t take him.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Yeah, so I would prefer player who skates better and read the game better. He can grow to 7'3 but it will not help him to move faster or play defensive game better. Height dont correlate with decision making and positional vision. It could be okay if he would have problems with the puck but he isnt. If he will develop this and that and that - than sure. But Nygard has less to improve to be better player 3-5 years from now.
Its 4 years after 2020 draft. Lundell is better player than Perrault(better skating, lack of compete level, "big offensive upside", lack of defensive game), than Perfetti, than Holtz, than Gunler if you want bigger player with "big offensive upside". Nygard is 6'1 and skates like 5'10. Sennecke is 6'3 and skates like... 6'3.
How you decided that Sennecke will be better player 3-5 years from now? Because what? He is two inches taller and have better puckhandling? Is it enough? So we just need to ask Nygard to spend one more year in junior league to train his puckhandling? Because this is what Sennecke will do next year or may be two years. Nygard will play in Sweden.

What about Chernyshov is 6'2, may be has even better puckhandling, it works against players from the second best league, he is better and faster skater, good defensively, good two way player, better physical player, nice hands, accurate passes. Ah, I guess I know the answer. He is Igor Chernyshov, he is not Harry Black. Same with Nygard.
I am not a size guy at all, nor do I care what country a prospect is from, but just from what I know about the body and exercise science — and my own personal experience — there can be some awkwardness and clumsiness after a huge growth spurt. And it absolutely can impact coordination in the short term, and certainly strength.

So in terms of his projection, if you think this is a guy that will be a hell of a lot stronger plus more coordinated, better balance, more powerful etc…that’s why you may like his ceiling more than others.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I fully see where the conversation started so no need for the dumb attitude and I’m not one to whack off to those players. I’ve said I wouldn’t take MBN at 10. Wouldn’t be the worst pick but there’s players I like more. I agree that some players get overhyped and it becomes an echo chamber and some people get convinced we’re gonna take that player somehow or would be making a huge mistake not to.

All I’m saying is you’ve spent a ton of time on here today without sharing an original thought. Just regurgitating that NHL teams have become higher on Sennecke lately which we all know. Just to suggests a lot of people here lower on him are wrong. And then coming up with reasons outside of his play that people on here aren’t as high on him.

I don’t care that scouts like him, he might go in the top 10 or that we may very well take him. I don’t think he’s good enough to go 10th, I like other players more, and I hope we don’t take him.
Watched a lot of Oshawa Generals and Mora Ishockeyklubb, have we?

Anyway, you’re free to ignore my posts.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

I’ve tried to watch whatever I can get my hands on yes.

I chose not to ignore your posts and instead ask for your opinion and what you want instead of just the regurgitations. Because that’s what most people are doing on this board. Talking about the prospects and why or why they don’t think we should take them. Or asking questions to get to know prospects better.

So I ask
Do you think we should take Sennecke and if so why?

Reactions: StevenToddIves

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

I have to add that I think we're all lucky to have so many talented voices who care so much writing on these pages. I've looked on (and never comment) on other teams' draft threads and the comments are like "Helenius sucks" or "Buium is the best" and then arguments with no real facts to back them up except stats or "such-and-such expert said".

Here, we have a ton of knowledgable people (yourself included) who put a lot of work and effort in to not just formulating their opinions about prospects, but also in explaining them.

My point is this -- does Corey Pronman's evaluation that Sennecke is better than Demidov, for instance, in some way outweigh the opinions of everyone on the Devils HFBoards draft pages just because he's in a position of greater prestige? Again, I'm a fan of Pronman as a person and hard-working writer 100%, but I can't say with any conviction that he is a stronger evaluator of hockey talent than @Guadana or @evnted -- both of whom would laugh out loud if someone asked if a team looking for a scoring wing at #4 overall should take Demidov or Sennecke.

I think all of us -- myself included -- should read what all the experts say about all the prospects, because quite simply there's always something new to learn. However, we're pretty lucky to have such a great crew doing so much work right here on our own boards, and we shouldn't be pooh-poohed just because we disagree with a consensus opinion... in fact, just the opposite.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I am not a size guy at all, nor do I care what country a prospect is from, but just from what I know about the body and exercise science — and my own personal experience — there can be some awkwardness and clumsiness after a huge growth spurt. And it absolutely can impact coordination in the short term, and certainly strength.

So in terms of his projection, if you think this is a guy that will be a hell of a lot stronger plus more coordinated, better balance, more powerful etc…that’s why you may like his ceiling more than others.
You are talking about Chernyshov. For Sennecke its a path he can go or can not go through.

And it will be harder for him to be faster and as good skater as both Nygard and Chernyshov.
And again - as I said - size mean nothing about positioning and compete level. If player isnt compete hard and cant pick the right position in neuteral or in d zone - its not because he had growth spurt.

Okay. Lets think about Holtz. How do you think if he would be better skater with better compete level - would he be better NHLer now? With better positioning game, especially in d zone.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

You're a valuable contributor to these threads, without a doubt. But I think the level of objection you're receiving right now is strictly due to a misconception that the opinions of our own prospect writers are somehow less meaningful than the ones with larger platforms.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I’ve tried to watch whatever I can get my hands on yes.

I chose not to ignore your posts and instead ask for your opinion and what you want instead of just the regurgitations. Because that’s what most people are doing on this board. Talking about the prospects and why or why they don’t think we should take them. Or asking questions to get to know prospects better.

So I ask
Do you think we should take Sennecke and if so why?
I do not have any definitive opinions on any prospect because I have not watched them. I read what I can and like to weigh pure stats guys vs traditional scouts.

Based on everything I’ve read, Sennecke would be a fine pick. His potential seems understated here. You’d think he’s just a guy and not, as plenty of people seem to be saying, one of the most dynamic, creative rush players in the draft. We will always be a rush heavy team with Jack and Nico, so for all the talk of fit — there’s your fit.

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
“This is not to say Perfetti, Quinn and Holtz will fail in the NHL -- they all remain bright young players with a lot of potential. But clearly, their adjustment to the pros proved far more difficult than Jarvis, who was just smarter and grittier and quicker.”

I will say as someone who wanted Jarvis and was Jack Quinn-neutral before the draft, that Quinn has already adjusted just fine to the NHL.

If it wasn’t for his two surgeries (!) last season, he would have had a big season. I think Quinn might end up the better NHL player.

So the Quinn fans here weren’t wrong.
You know better than to think I'll mess with you, haha. But I'm sticking to Jarvis atop that list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad