2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024CubsAreReallyBad

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
If the Blackhawks don't get the first or second pick, you trade that third overall for some teams top prospect closer to NHL ready.

Or, you draft the best goal scorer in Eiserman.

Eiserman= Laine?

A 40 goal scorer in the NHL? Why yes, yes please.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If the Blackhawks don't get the first or second pick, you trade that third overall for some teams top prospect closer to NHL ready.

Or, you draft the best goal scorer in Eiserman.

Eiserman= Laine?

A 40 goal scorer in the NHL? Why yes, yes please.
The last time you advocated trading the third overall pick, you wanted it packaged in a combo with Debrincat for P.K. Subban. The holy grail of credibility destruction, it will never stop being funny.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I like the way you think, but I have a feeling they're only getting him if they out tank the Sharks.

If they want to secure the tank, they must play Soda against the shittier teams down the stretch.

Mrazek will play too well to sink them to the bottom.

Just saying.

Reactions: BHFAN92

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I like the way you think, but I have a feeling they're only getting him if they out tank the Sharks.

I believe he’s ours regardless. Even if we finish with more pts than San Jose. It’s ordained. The NHL and the Hockey Gods will make it happen.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I believe he’s ours regardless. Even if we finish with more pts than San Jose. It’s ordained. The NHL and the Hockey Gods will make it happen.
Idk if I want that, because then the Hawks are guaranteed to lose ground in the next two drafts (I don't think that they'll be out of the bottom 10 for another two seasons past this one)

But I understand the sentiment because Celebrini is by far the best player in this draft.

They finish last, they do leave the door open for one more jump.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
I’ve seen a few shift by shift videos. He’s dynamic and has pretty good compete and defense. But yeah the MHL is a terrible league.
From what I've seen, his hands look elite and his skating is really really good, especially his edge work.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
As bad as Hawks are,it is likelyvtheycstillvwinn5 or 6 out of these last 25 games remaining. AND Hawks have 2 games in hand over SJ (justc23 games over SJ....still...I doubt SJ thinks it's goaltending can steal them 6 or 7 games out of 23 as Mrazek might be able to do ...So Hawks
could rise.above SJ to 2nd last at the finish line.

Not sure "fixer" Bettman can arrange again a
lottery win for the Hawks....so..."With the 4th pick in the 2024 NHL Draft ,the Chicago Blackhawks select ______________?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Tampa just lost their 3rd game in a row. All at home. Their 1st that we will use to pick Artamonov is looking better and better.
They’re still 5 points to the good for the playoffs. We’ll need them to really fall off if they’re going to miss, and rumor has it they’ll be going hard after Hanifin at the deadline.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
They’re still 5 points to the good for the playoffs. We’ll need them to really fall off if they’re going to miss, and rumor has it they’ll be going hard after Hanifin at the deadline.

They might be 5 points up but they have played more games than anyone.

If they make the playoffs, can they win 2 rounds?

What can they trade for Hanifin? I hear Calgary wants good, young NHL players for him. Who is Tampa going to trade? Tampa doesn't even have a 1st until '26. They also have to outbid 10 other teams that want him.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Reactions: Idionym

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
in regard to Ivan Demidov, lindstrom, or Arytom. denidov is probably the safest pick. I think all end up NHL players of course the question are lindtrom arytom more middle pairing players. demidov looks to have top line scoing ability. i would probably be ok with all 3 if we dont get # 1

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I'm guessing Trevor Connelly is on many do not draft lists, I'd guess the Hawks are one of those teams.

I read this piece on the Athletic on Connelly.
It's a tough call ... it would appear he's had his bouts with animosity directed towards him from parents and other players ( hazing etc. ).
He certainly has a number of allegations against him ( not all substantiated ) however and so the burden of proof is at least potentially there for consideration.
I would do my due diligence on him if I were the Hawks. Today's age is a tough one to navigate what with the range from political correctness to virtue signalling all over social media.
He certainly has expressed his regret of the actions he admits to have committed.
My only fear is the Hawks given the Beach incident won't take a chance on a kid who comes with bad press ( this with the caveat that the press isn't always putting forth a wholly accurate portrayal of the truth ).

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
All the Connelly talk is academic, when we're picking 1st!
He may be available for the Tampa pick though .. ( Connelly that is )
Again that is if he has indeed rounded the corner and is dedicated to being a true leader.
And by the by .. those who have been there and back make for good leaders ... generally!

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Some targets I’d like for each pick in the first 3 rounds:

1, 1: Celebrini
1, 18 (Tampa): Nikita Artamonov or Andrew Basha
2, 33: Charlie Elick, John Mustard, or Jett Luchanko
2, 51 (Kings): Harrison Brunicke, Alfons Freji, or Luke Misa
2, 64 (Vancouver): Raoul Boilard, Miguel Marques, or Colton Roberts
3, 66: Kamil Bednarik, Ondřej Kos, or Tarin Smith
3, 71 (Ottawa): Clarke Caswell, Leon Muggli, or Daniil Ustinkov

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Some targets I’d like for each pick in the first 3 rounds:

1, 1: Celebrini
1, 18 (Tampa): Nikita Artamonov or Andrew Basha
2, 33: Charlie Elick, John Mustard, or Jett Luchanko
2, 51 (Kings): Harrison Brunicke, Alfons Freji, or Luke Misa
2, 64 (Vancouver): Raoul Boilard, Miguel Marques, or Colton Roberts
3, 66: Kamil Bednarik, Ondřej Kos, or Tarin Smith
3, 71 (Ottawa): Clarke Caswell, Leon Muggli, or Daniil Ustinkov
Still hoping they go

1.Celebrini
18.defenceman
33.forward
51.defenceman
64.defenceman
66.forward
71.forward
162.goalie

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I liked the Boqvist pick at the time and still like it now. He was the best skater between Dobson, Bouchard, and himself, and I thought he had the best offensive tools as well.
Think he wouldve turned out a decent bit better overall if his development didn't line up flush with Colliton's promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad