Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Bobby Mac is going to have us taking Buium at 5 and Utah getting Demidov at 6, isn’t he?
He doesn't do mock draft, he does a ranking and it's just those players ranked usually go around that spot. His listed 1st round, something like 25, or more of those players end up going in the first round. It's probably more.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I said highest IQ on the habs, not overall high IQ. Matheson's gaffe on the PP are in the context of others players who are developing as well. Anyway, it's a weird argument to make "he's not the highest IQ guy we have because he makes gaffe I don't like while leading the PP." The rest of the organization agrees with my evaluation. The reason I'm pointing out that Matheson is our highest IQ player is not much of an argument for Matheson, it's an argument for getting IQ.

Hutson will be the highest IQ player we have very quickly. He'll make a lot of gaffes too, for years to come. But you have to take the bad with the good.
Can you actually think of a nice cross-ice pass that Matheson has made on the PP? He’s great in transition because of his physical traits but to deny he has extreme tunnel vision in the offensive zone when he has time is just weird. If he had high IQ and that skating, he’d be a top defenceman in the league. But he just isn’t.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Pronman and Grant are at odds this year... let's see who gets it right (if either).

People hate Grant but the guy nails our pick every year, which worries me a bit because Sennecke is probably 4th on my list of forwards. I'm happy it would be a forward, but I'd take Demi, Lindstrom and Iggy before him.

Pronman has us taking Demigod which I would be ecstatic by.

My actual, honest, no joke opinion about what is going to happen is that Demidov falls to us at 5 and we still take Sennecke. It seems like a very Habs move to do, pass on the supposed talented guy that's been ranked there all year in favor of a riser who performed well in his playoffs.

This is in no way what I want to happen, just saying I can see it happening.
Pronman more accurate than Bobby over the last 2 drafts? (Tho Bob’s isn’t a mock and is gathering opinions)

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Well, you don't - whether you agree or not he's the right pick. You have to admit that the profile is an attractive and intriguing one.

If this guy had more buzz earlier, this board would be going nuts at the idea of a kid with this size, growth potential and skill. No one ever said there was no risk here. There's a risk. If you don't want the risk - that's FINE. Just say you want the safer player and put it at that. You don't have to diminish his qualities and potential upside to make that point.
He has great hands and vision but I would like his shot release to be a bit quicker. He doesn't load up the shot which is good, but he stops his feet a second before letting it go, he'll have to get rid of that tell if he wants to be a scorer at the next level.

Pretty much the only negative IMO, shot is a bit too telegraphed.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
The closer we get, the more convinced I am that Habs will land demidov. Chicago is going levshunov. Anaheim is probably going defenceman. Columbus is the interesting team in all of this. I've said from mid season that I had a feeling that Lindstrom would end up going to Columbus. They badly need a 2C. He fits their mold of the type of player they like with a high pick historically. And they might still have PTSD from the last Russian winger that left them

Reactions: HabzSauce

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Can you actually think of a nice cross-ice pass that Matheson has made on the PP? He’s great in transition because of his physical traits but to deny he has extreme tunnel vision in the offensive zone when he has time is just weird. If he had high IQ and that skating, he’d be a top defenceman in the league. But he just isn’t.

Not denying anything haha, and yes I remember many cross ice and slap passes.

Skating like this while playing is also IQ, it means he can process the game at high speed.

Said tunnel vision this year in many case was a feature not a bug.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Listened to the latest Pronman/Wheeler/Peters mock where they try to pick based on what they are hearing and think the teams would do.

• Belief is still Levshunov goes to 2 to Chicago.
  • Anaheim may be interested in some of the forwards but the need is more on the back-end, think they'll go with Silayev.
  • Lindstrom to CBJ
  • Demidov to MTL - a bit of talk about how they would prefer Lindstrom but if he's gone, the easy decision and belief is that they'd go and take Demidov.
  • Iginla didn't enter the conversation until Calgary and they went Parekh. Most teams don't really have top 7 reads on Iginla at this point.
  • Sennecke went 6 to Utah. NHL scouts keep telling Pronman, Peters etc. that Sennecke isn't getting beyond Utah/Ottawa at 6 and 7. Always that he's going higher than they've mocked him previously. Teams outside the top 10 have basically given up hope they'll be able to pick this player.
  • They then went on to say some believe that he could go as high as 5 to Montreal if Lindstrom/Demidov are gone.
  • There was a little bit of discussion around Buium and Parekh for Montreal, but they all felt things being equal with Demidov or Sennecke there and the depth Montreal has on defense that it'd be hard to go in that direction if you really felt there was top line upside in those forwards.
  • Pronman wanted to get us Boisvert but he went a pick ahead so took Surin.

Whether we pick him or not, I truly believe Sennecke is going to be an absolute force in 5 years.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Lindstrom is on my personal Do not draft list since it was revealed he had a herniated disk.

I had a wiener dog when I was a kid. I loved him dearly but he eventually suffered a herniated disk. He was never the same afterwards.

Of course my dog was not a professional hockey player, and good thing he wasn't. I can't imagine him having to hit people for a living after that injury.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
We must have different understandings of the word "consensus". There is consensus on Levshunov's high end tools and offensive abilities. However, there is far from consensus on his IQ and defensive play. This is why his rankings range anywhere from 2-11. Most have him at the upper end of that scale but he also has his sceptics.
Every prospect has skeptics and doubts. There are no sure things.

You made it seem like you had important insight into his game from the perspective of knowledgeable commentators and analysts (valuable) but I don’t think you do.

My assertion: When compared to other defensemen prospects of the 2023 and 2024 draft, Levshunov seems to be at the top of the heap. Whether the consensus is (a) he is expected to learn better defensive play or (b) he has good defensive instincts already in him, I don’t know, but whatever knocks against him, there are more knocks overall against other D prospects.

I don’t remember Reinbacher’s reports very well though my gut tells me Lev is overall better regarded (as draft prospect) than him as well. Reinbacher seems to fall within that topX consensus for 2024 though, so he isn’t too far off.

Lindstrom is on my personal Do not draft list since it was revealed he had a herniated disk.

I had a wiener dog when I was a kid. I loved him dearly but he eventually suffered a herniated disk. He was never the same afterwards.

Of course my dog was not a professional hockey player, and good thing he wasn't. I can't imagine him having to hit people for a living after that injury.
Yeah I don’t know how the Caydophiles can square the “super beast powerforward unicorn” with ‘… has a back injury that never heals’

The problem is that CBJ have no reason to risk a 4OA pick on him either. Do they go for Denison? Does ANA? CHI?

If CBJ want a forward and Lindstrom is DND, who can they draft other than Demidov?

We’re behind the looking glass.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Every prospect has skeptics and doubts. There are no sure things.

You made it seem like you had important insight into his game from the perspective of knowledgeable commentators and analysts (valuable) but I don’t think you do.

My assertion: When compared to other defensemen prospects of the 2023 and 2024 draft, Levshunov seems to be at the top of the heap. Whether the consensus is (a) he is expected to learn better defensive play or (b) he has good defensive instincts already in him, I don’t know, but whatever knocks against him, there are more knocks overall against other D prospects.

I don’t remember Reinbacher’s reports very well though my gut tells me Lev is overall better regarded (as draft prospect) than him as well. Reinbacher seems to fall within that topX consensus for 2024 though, so he isn’t too far off.

Yeah I don’t know how the Caydophiles can square the “super beast powerforward unicorn” with ‘… has a back injury that never heals’

The problem is that CBJ have no reason to risk a 4OA pick on him either. Do they go for Denison? Does ANA? CHI?

If CBJ want a forward and Lindstrom is DND, who can they draft other than Demidov?

We’re behind the looking glass.

Didn't a report come out that they were leaning Lindstrom or sennecke

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I don't think it ever swung heavily in Slaf's favor. It was always Wright until the very end where Slaf was a possibility.
Wright on draft day ….
1719005688072.gif

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Arghhh had the page loaded to listen in and got completely side tracked. Any snippets would be greatly appreciated
same old things.. nothing crazy

"would KH pick a forward but if the top 2 forwards done, would he pick a D man?"
KH will pick the BPA , blah blah we can say the same stuff too

he says Catton could go 5 if lindstrom, demi and other gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad