Votes: 76 18.0%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
so funny, my weak-sauce, insider friend who was insisting we were taking Iginla, is now saying habs seriously considering a
dman at 5. (I'm fond of him and he's not a flake.)
Apparently if Lindstrom is drafted before 5 OR they're not convinced his back is solid, they'll draft a dman.
what if Cale Makar is waiting to be picked?
He has a point, will be fascinating to see what they do after, if they go D again.
I assume one of the untouchables like Mailloux ...or even Guhle (hope not) might be dealt for that young F

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
so funny, my weak-sauce, insider friend who was insisting we were taking Iginla, is now saying habs seriously considering a
dman at 5. (I'm fond of him and he's not a flake.)
Apparently if Lindstrom is drafted before 5 OR they're not convinced his back is solid, they'll draft a dman.
what if Cale Makar is waiting to be picked?
He has a point, will be fascinating to see what they do after, if they go D again.
I assume one of the untouchables like Mailloux ...or even Guhle (hope not) might be dealt for that young F

It’s the way to go. Take the BPA even if its a D, or if a team wants to move up, they need to pay up.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
It’s the way to go. Take the BPA even if its a D, or if a team wants to move up, they need to pay up.

That's what I also think, and then trade from strengths to address weaknesses. Like the Dach trade. Of course having a GM who's not afraid to trade assets is a must for this to work, and ideally smart/creative/bold.

We need forwards, but if Lindstrom/Demidov are drafted ahead of us, wouldn't mind Dickinson/Levshunov at all instead, they'd instantly become our best D prospects.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just saw this on sportsnet from Jason Bukala. Would it be a yay or nay from you for this hypothetical pick swap trade he adds between the Habs and Flames?

I believe the Habs will be debating which forward they value the most in the top 16 of the draft. They could be staring at Iginla, hulking forward Cayden Lindstrom or elite offensive talent Berkly Catton. If I was running Montreal’s table I would make the pick, but I also would answer the phone if, say Calgary, called to offer me a swap of picks that might look like this:

To Montreal: 2024 first-round pick (ninth overall), 2024 first-round pick (28th overall)
To Calgary: 2024 first-round pick (fifth overall), 2024 second-round pick (57th overall)

Full article.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Just saw this on sportsnet from Jason Bukala. Would it be a yay or nay from you for this hypothetical pick swap trade he adds between the Habs and Flames?

Full article.
The cost is prohibitive if we have to give back our second rounder too. Not a fan at all, it think it serves no purpose.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

Full article.

We need high picks, not more overall draft value

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
McCagg said CBJ would likely go Demidov/Sennecke/Lindstrom and to me sounded like Demidov was preference

Ducks are bit of wildcard...he seemed to think they liked Yakemchuk or another who I forget rn (sennecke or Demidov maybe?)

McCagg has said a bunch of things over the last two weeks - Basu and Godin just said they don't think CBJ is all that high on Demidov.

They also walked back the Buium/Parekh thinking and talked about Sennecke's development curve being like Slaf's, and they perceive Sennecke as a more likely pick than Iginla if they go in that direction should Demidov and Lindstrom be gone at 5.

Reactions: SlafySZN

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I'll be as straight forward as I can be right now.

It's not about Iginla being more "predictable" than "the rest".
It's about Sennecke being less "predictable" than "the rest".

You can make an argument for a whole lot of players at 5.

Lindstrom showed he can be downright dominant, plays with pugnacity, and scored as many goals as Sennecke on a full year in... 32 games.

Demidov did what no other prospect before him did in the MHL, no matter how poor people say the calibre is in that league.

Iginla just had a very good 17 years old season, being one of the top goal scorers in the whole CHL, while being one of the youngest players in this draft.

Hell, you can even make an argument for Catton, who had a season for the ages, and for Eiserman, who did what nobody did before him in the USHL.

All of these guys have showed they can actually elevate their game an be dominant in a way or another.

Then, you have Beckett Sennecke, a guy who by all means struggled to hit a point per game in the OHL, and who is being sold here as the second coming of God, but who somehow struggled to product consistently, and is going to get his game to the next level and do something he's never done because "GrOwTh SpUrT". A guy who Scott Wheeler reported that his off-ice reputation was average at best as early as this season.

And that's just taking the empirical data. I won't even get into how freaking disengaged and awkward this guy looks on the ice. Of course people will all put this under the "GrOwTh SpUrT" excuse. But this is the point; You should not justify picking a guy who has that many question marks around him because "GrOwTh SpUrT".

It's a hit-or-miss, and you should not go after hit-or-misses with a 5th overally pick, and pray the guy you drafted is going to do something he's NEVER done before - product consistently/be dominant.

People come up with all kinds of excuses you should not have to make for a 5th overall pick. People will say numbers don't matter and Scheifele didn't have tremendous numbers in his draft season. They'll also disregard how Scheifele is not the norm and how Scheifele is pretty much what every team wants to add to its arsenal - a right-handed C with good size. That alone motivated the reach.

He might just pan out and beat the odds. If so, props to the ones who saw it coming. But if he busts and Iginla becomes what he's pretty much anticipated to become - a fine sniper with a good all-around game and good level of compete - this is a fireable offense. ESPECIALLY considering the shallow depth of our prospects pool up front. ESPECIALLY knowing how much of a perfect duo he'd make with Kirby Dach.

The fact is that if you're drafting Sennecke, you're drafting a guy who hasn't even showed he can do what you draft him for consistently. And who does things that are simply not translatable in the NHL at junior, and who can't even pull it off consistently.

Hell, if that guy is really in the discussions I'd still rather take a chance with one of the Ds.
Admit it, seriously: did you copy paste the growth spurt part in this post? I would have.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
McCagg said CBJ would likely go Demidov/Sennecke/Lindstrom and to me sounded like Demidov was preference

Ducks are bit of wildcard...he seemed to think they liked Yakemchuk or another who I forget rn (sennecke or Demidov maybe?)
Basu seems to think Cbus isn't that interested in Demidov.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ya I know I was like wtf - this was his latest info tho regarding the ducks/CBJ
:

Here's my McCagg chart:

- Tells you what a team is going to do or predicts it (BS)
- Tells you a player is going higher than the fans/public think (Read from scouts, generally true).

Reactions: Andrei79

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Demidov, Lindstrom and Lev gone

Let's go with Biuim

Kick ass D for the next 10 years

Guhle-Biuim
Hutson-Reinbacher
Wifi-Mailloux
Engstrom-Bogan-Struble

Trade Matheson, Dvorak and Savard for some forwards.

CC-Suzuki-Slaf
Trade player-Dach-Roy
Kapanen-Beck-Newhook
RHP-Evans-Anderson/Gally
Florian-Mesar-Farrell

Monty
Fowler
Primeau

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Demidov, Lindstrom and Lev gone

Let's go with Biuim

Kick ass D for the next 10 years

Guhle-Biuim
Hutson-Reinbacher
Wifi-Mailloux
Engstrom-Bogan-Struble

Trade Matheson, Dvorak and Savard for some forwards.

CC-Suzuki-Slaf
Trade player-Dach-Roy
Kapanen-Beck-Newhook
RHP-Evans-Anderson/Gally
Florian-Mesar-Farrell

Monty
Fowler
Primeau
You have Buium on the right but I'm quite sure he's mainly LD and that's where he'll do bettet

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Average Habs enjoyer.
image.jpg

It's interesting that management brought him out to dinner though, could there be a scenario where we take him with the plan of moving Guhle to the right side?

I know it's too early to tell, but a d-core of:
Hutson-Reinbacher
Dickinson-Guhle
Xhekaj-Mailloux
has the potential to be something special. The only downside is we'll need Hutson to score atleast 100 goals a season to makeup for the lack of offense up front:help:

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
wel
Average Habs enjoyer.
image.jpg

It's interesting that management brought him out to dinner though, could there be a scenario where we take him with the plan of moving Guhle to the right side?

I know it's too early to tell, but a d-core of:
Hutson-Reinbacher
Dickinson-Guhle
Xhekaj-Mailloux
has the potential to be something special. The only downside is we'll need Hutson to score atleast 100 goals a season to makeup for the lack of offense up front:help:
well we wont have to score that much to win with that D ;-)

• Wow
Reactions: BergevinBurner

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Took me a while to make up my mind but after reading hundreds of posts on this board and watching no actual hockey games, I am ready to release my informed opinion. I'm hoping for Dickinson, Iginla and/or Sennecke. But if they choose anyone else, it means that we have a player that is superior to those 3 according to actual experts so I'll be on board with that as well.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Man it would be great Silayev-Bogdan together in MTL

Then draft Artmanov from Torpedo ... these guys would rock

Hutson-Reinbacher
Silayev-Bodgan
Guhle-Mailloux
Wifi-Struble-Engstrom

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania