Votes: 76 18.0%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
On last week’s Athletic podcast, Basu stated that Connelly was part of the last group of prospects at the combine for physical tests I believe. Think he was first or among the first of that group and the Habs staff packed up and left as they started. I would imagine, if they had any interest, they would had stuck around for at least his tests.

Pretty sad fact. I wonder if they leave the arenas before the end of the game when they scout.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I'm surprised there hasn't been any smoke of Dickinson to any of the top 4 teams. Thought for sure he'd be among the D-favouring teams' targets.

Last edited:
Reactions: waitin425

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
HockeyProspect.com are probably the closest rankings to how I feel about top 10 (not how they will actually go)

Top 10

1: Celebrini
2: Lindstrom
3: Buium
4: Demidov
5: Silayev
6: Sennecke
7: Iginla
8: Dickinson
9: Perekh
10: Levshunov

Reactions: Riggins

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Maybe there is some chance Catton goes 4 to Columbus with Lidstrom New info coming up

Celibrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Catton
Demidov

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Sure, on a team that doesn’t already have his carbon copy and like 3 other NHL-level LD. I don’t think we can justify picking him with a 5th overall pick with other glaring holes.
You take best player available. You sound like Marc Bergevin. That's what he did, bypass Tkachuk took Kotkaniemi because had glaring hole at center.

Dickinson superior to anybody we have. Be a year before he is ready. Matheson likely traded by then. Guhle can play both sides. His two concussions scare me. Hutson lacks size. Even if we draft a forward he's not going to play next season.

Dickinson is in Pietrangelo, Hedman, Ekblad category. Not exact but equal impact. Dickinson hockey sense probably higher than anybody in draft

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Maybe there is some chance Catton goes 4 to Columbus with Lidstrom New info coming up

Celibrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Catton
Demidov
Trevor Timmins in CBJ won’t allow them to draft a skilled forward. He’ll bang on the table and argue that there’s a better American HS student with a thick frame out there.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
We need this pick to bust so we can have a new talking point beyond "but you said such and such about Tkachuk and KK" like holy jumpin change the goddamn record
No.
I will keep saying it so i can atodaso when any XYZ player that wasn't our pick hits.

trailer-park-boys-ricky.gif

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
You take best player available. You sound like Marc Bergevin. That's what he did, bypass Tkachuk took Kotkaniemi because had glaring hole at center.

Dickinson superior to anybody we have. Be a year before he is ready. Matheson likely traded by then. Guhle can play both sides. His two concussions scare me. Hutson lacks size. Even if we draft a forward he's not going to play next season.

Dickinson is in Pietrangelo, Hedman, Ekblad category. Not exact but equal impact. Dickinson hockey sense probably higher than anybody in draft

I find this to be a bold take when the likes of Celebrini are right there. I'm not sure I'd even list it as a strength for Dickinson, just not a glaring weakness either. His physical tools help him a lot at this level.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I dunno, just relaying what Basu reported. Take it for what you will but to me, that just tells me Connelly is a DND for the Habs.

I didn't need the combine story to tell me that but that just slams the door shut on it.

I don't know how anyone following this team and management group ever thought there was a possibility though.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Dickinson might not even be the best left blueliner in the draft….

Again, I get it it’s for Levshunov. But it’s not happening for a LD.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1