Votes: 69 17.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.7%

• Total voters

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
"Hold my next patient, MrB1P made a ridiculous claim again and I have to remind him of the time he overhyped Josh Brook"
I took my son to see Brook's first pro game, partly on the basis of that over-hyping!!

Screenshot_20240615_182854_Fastmail.jpg

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Why would you even think that? Every serious mock draft and expert that covered the combine have them interested in Lindstrom or Sennecke. Their fanbase is also certain that they are going with a forward, some even switched from Lindstrom to Iginla after yesterday's herniated disc news.

Waddell has drafted a forward in the first round the last 4 years. Pattern?

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Werenski/Jiricek/Mateychuk/Severson will be there for a very long time so there's really no room in that top 4. Only reason for them to go with a dman is if they trade Mateychuk for a forward, but that forward might not be better than the forward that will be available to them at 4 in this draft.
Considering many D drafted usually don’t see the nhl for 2-3 years I do t think that should be too big an issue

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Yeah, actually. When discussing a health issue on a message board, I'd take a doctor's opinion over 90% of other participants. I know it sounds wild, but yeah.
It’s not wild, just misinformed. Lindstrom has a condition that neurosurgeons are best equipped to opine on, not ER doctors, et al. He doesn’t have a gunshot wound.

• Haha
Reactions: jrom

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
At some point, sure. I just don't necessarily feel comfortable investing the 5th OA pick. We're not going to have many more of those.
If I were making the pick with the info I have (basically a herniated disc caused him to miss games and kept him out of some combine testing, his doctor and agent say it's not or won't be a long term issue) and the resources I have (basically Google and unconfirmed medical professionals posting on hfboards), I wouldn't be comfortable picking him 5th either. I don't think many with the same limited info and limited resources would be comfortable either, including HuGo presumably.

But the teams have significantly more info and significantly more resources to gather more info and interpret the information. So if the Habs end up picking him at 5, I can do nothing but assume they and their medical staff did their due diligence (I don't think they think we have many more high picks either).

I might disagree with the pick for hockey reasons because I can watch him play, look at the data available, and form my own opinions. But I don't think I would legitimately be able to disagree with the pick for medical reasons because I have no where near the information or medical resources the Habs have.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
If I were making the pick with the info I have (basically a herniated disc caused him to miss games and kept him out of some combine testing, his doctor and agent say it's not or won't be a long term issue) and the resources I have (basically Google and unconfirmed medical professionals posting on hfboards), I wouldn't be comfortable picking him 5th either. I don't think many with the same limited info and limited resources would be comfortable either, including HuGo presumably.

But the teams have significantly more info and significantly more resources to gather more info and interpret the information. So if the Habs end up picking him at 5, I can do nothing but assume they and their medical staff did their due diligence (I don't think they think we have many more high picks either).

I might disagree with the pick for hockey reasons because I can watch him play, look at the data available, and form my own opinions. But I don't think I would legitimately be able to disagree with the pick for medical reasons because I have no where near the information or medical resources the Habs have.
You make sense. Please find another board to post on.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs7631 and Deebs

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
If Anaheim is leaning defense and they know for certain Montreal is leaning forward and Columbus is likely leaning forward, then I don't see why they wouldn't entertain the possibility of trading back with Montreal for an extra asset or two. Doing so would guarantee us either Demidov or Lindstrom at what should be a fairly reasonable price.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
This playoffs thing needs to f***ign die already man. Good players are good players, there's no "playoffs" archetype.
Idk. Playoffs are different game than regular season. More tight, less space, more physical, mental, etc.

Some guys consistently thrive in playoffs, some don't. For multitude of reasons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad