Votes: 68 16.9%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.0%

• Total voters

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sources? I taught they were high on Silayev.
Why would you even think that? Every serious mock draft and expert that covered the combine have them interested in Lindstrom or Sennecke. Their fanbase is also certain that they are going with a forward, some even switched from Lindstrom to Iginla after yesterday's herniated disc news.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Why would you even think that? Every serious mock draft and expert that covered the combine have them interested in Lindstrom or Sennecke.
Post draft lottery there was talk that Anton Silayev has said in an interview that Columbus and Utah has showed the most interest in him in speaking with every team.
Their fanbase is also certain they are going with a forward.
Surely that must mean something.:dunce:

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Do we know why Columbus is dead set at getting a forward at #4?
Werenski/Jiricek/Mateychuk/Severson will be there for a very long time so there's really no room in that top 4. Only reason for them to go with a dman is if they trade Mateychuk for a forward, but that forward might not be better than the forward that will be available to them at 4 in this draft.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Surely that must mean something.:dunce:
This kind of comment always makes me laugh.

Yes, yes it does mean something. No outsider knows better than the hardcore fanbase what their team needs are. It's true for the Habs and it's also true for the Jackets.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Gahd damn.

That's three whole mfers.
1NDhvsH.png

Going for 4?

This guy Hague told the media the hardest question was from the Habs *would you rat your teammate breaking cewrfew*

Easy no you dummy.

Another one to the DND.

1000004947.jpg

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Someone should tell Waddell you’ll get more goals when your backend can orchestrate offense…..A #1 D is as crucial as a #1 PG
Since coming into the league, Zach Werenski is 20th in points for defensemen while playing for a team that isn't good offensively. Mateychuk led the WHL in points/game for dmen. Not to mention that Jiricek isn't exactly a slouch, so not sure why they'd be pressed for an offensive dman.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Since coming into the league, Zach Werenski is 20th in points for defensemen while playing for a team that isn't good offensively. Mateychuk led the WHL in points/game for dmen. Not to mention that Jiricek isn't exactly a slouch, so not sure why they'd be pressed for an offensive dman.
It’s not just about points but moving that puck forward……maybe they are not as good as you think…..Buium, Parekh are great options for puck movers AND can put up points

Just a sec….did we just pass over Demidov for Iginla :eek3:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I would imagine medical staffs know all this, so presumably the team that picks him will have ranked him high enough above their next rated player that they believe he's worth the risk (whatever their medical staffs determine the risks to be), whether at 2nd overall or 20th. He may or may not prove to be worth the risk or the right choice, but there's no way teams aren't aware of the issues (more aware than we are because they have the full reports and presumably access to the player) and there's no way they're not including the information into their decision making process.

At some point he's worth the risk. Who knows what that point is? There seem to be a tonne of good options at 5, so if Lindstrom is the pick, you have to assume that the medical staff has determined that the risks are minimal or the scouts like/love him enough to make management take the risk. I think we can always second guess the scouts, but it would be pretty arrogant to second guess the medical staff based on incomplete information (a two word diagnosis vs medical reports and potentially physicals with team doctors).
At some point, sure. I just don't necessarily feel comfortable investing the 5th OA pick. We're not going to have many more of those.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It’s not just about points but moving that puck forward……maybe they are not as good as you think…..Buium, Parekh are great options for puck movers AND can put up points
Werenski is definitely an excellent puck mover and has put up good points in the NHL, something Buium/Parekh haven't done. Mateychuk absolutely is a high end puck mover and dominated the WHL. Why would these two players not be as good as I think but the less proven Buium and Parekh are better options? If anything, Columbus could use more of a 2way/defensive dman that has a physical edge. Jiricek is a good start but he's pretty much the only one from their projected top 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine