Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 62 15.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
If Mailloux starts in Laval it will only be because he his still exemp from waivers. In the same vein, be prepared to see Hutson in Laval. That is unless they trade Harris and Kovacevic. Barron will not be traded. Some are just panicking about him. He is at least as good as Matheson or Petry at the same age.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
And yet he's not there, and we're talking about him starting in Laval. If I was San Jose, I'd decline. The difference between 33 and 26 isn't great either.
The point is Jiricek is a prospect that's gonna be available at 26 anyway. Jiricek+Mailloux+wtv > the package the Sharks currently have.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I'm warming up to Teej. I like his inside game a lot. He reminds me of the winger version of Suzuki.

At this point, I do still favor Lindstrom and Demigod, but any of Buium/Dicky/Parekh or Eiserman/Iginla/Catton would be welcomed with arms wide opahn.

This draft feels like 2003. Can't go wrong.
Unless we're going completely off the board, we're getting a good player who's going to help us.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I'm warming up to Teej. I like his inside game a lot. He reminds me of the winger version of Suzuki.

At this point, I do still favor Lindstrom and Demigod, but any of Buium/Dicky/Parekh or Eiserman/Iginla/Catton would be welcomed with arms wide opahn.

DEMIGOD. Love that nickname.

That being said I'm quickly warming up to Tij as well. I love the idea of him being our pick.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
That will be a great pick. Iginla is my favorite since the beginning, but the tools of Sennecke looks more unique.

Sennecke is a top 10 talent for sure. Picking him at 5, will be a great pick.
Of course, this is just what I think, but with us passing on Leonard last year for a player that has more tools in Reinbacher, it does seem like management values unique traits a lot. This was the case with Slafkovsky. Not to mention that we passed up on trading the pick for Gauthier who's likely in the same tier as Iginila and Leonard.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Unless you are picking Kostitsyn of course

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Of course, this is just what I think, but with us passing on Leonard last year for a player that has more tools in Reinbacher, it does seem like management values unique traits a lot. This was the case with Slafkovsky. Not to mention that we passed up on trading the pick for Gauthier who's likely in the same tier as Iginila and Leonard.

I believe that Sennecke or Iginla have more potential than Leonard or Gauthier even if I believe they are both great players aswell.

To me, I understand Reinbacher over Leonard or Benson, but the player I really upset we pass on it's Matvei Michkov (that would be their Artem Panarin for the Habs). If Demidov is there at 5, that would change everything.

Reactions: Twisted Sinister

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I think the 5th overall pick had been discussed at ad naseum, so...

How about some targets that are ranked around a later pick you'd like to see the Habs select ?

Still working my list but since you ask, assuming that the 18 guys never out of top 20 would be out:
Igor Chernyshov (should not be there )
Ryder Ritchie
Terik Parascak
Jett Luchanko

Stian Solberg
Adam Jiricek

Reactions: RandomTask26

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Sennecke over Iginla and i will break HF on my ow

But we did go wrong in 2003!

Reactions: Toene

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Find a way to get Demidov, that’s all.
Yes, if Hughes is serious about getting a forward he needs to trade up to the 2nd overall position. We will hate the price but it needs to be done.

After Celebrini, Demidov the next 5 best players are all D-man so it will be unforgivable to pick the forwards simply because this is a need.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If Sennecke were to slip past the 10 OA, how aggressively should Hughes pursue him?
There’s zero chance he slips past 10. Big, smart, toolsy kid who exploded in the later half of the season will be highly touted. We won’t have any realistic assets to trade for a pick to draft him.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad