Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl's next contract

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Bouchard kinda crap? Guy is delivering value far, far above his current contract. Kane is tougher but still over 20 goals but the miles are adding up on him.
Not crap players but they just score their way out of their crap plays and don't look very good when the points dint pile up for a few games.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Dont agree with that term but it is possible to get a point every game and still be 'kinda crap'.
See guys like Bouchard and E.Kane
The newest silliest term used here on hf boards.

"kinda crap" yeah I don't see that in the dictionary. ;)

Both the poster that said Drai was crap and this one that says kinda crap are the dose of inanity that can be counted on when the topic is Draisaitl

Who was that clown that started the Crysaitl account last week just to troll here?. Seems like already gone.

Imagine being so forlorn that you have to crap on one of the best players on Earth constantly. What is that?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Drai and his agent will no doubt look at Matthews contract for this one.

But they need to realize that Matthews is extremely overrated and overpaid.

I hope the Oilers give Drai whatever he wants. But if Winning and continued success is what he wants, a discount in conjunction with talking to the McD camp would be the best course of action.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I hope he takes a small discount and goes for 12-12.5 mill and mcdavid does the same and takes a small hit at 15mill and bouch comes in around 9. I think they also realize if all the salary is tied into them they can't surround the team w/ better players to help them win.
Unlike Matthews, Marner, etc. he was underpaid for most of his contract. I would look to MacKinnon as a comparable in terms of a guy that was underpaid and then cashed in when it was time to extend. I would expect nothing less of Drai all considered. Matthews is at $13.25 million and MacKinnon is at $12.6 million. If Drai doesn't end up the highest paid player in the league I would be surprised. Then McDavid will take that mantle from him the following season.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
One thing I haven't seen any mention of is realistically speaking Drai has dramatically overplayed the current contract. He's no worse than #2 in the league during duration of contract and yet 53 NHL players presently make as much as Leon Draisaitl. Could easily be argued that on average Leon has had value at least around 10M/ on average, for duration of this contract.

Arguably he's been underpaid in the nature of 2M/

Its not anything that an org has to value, but in good conscience is part of something an org considers is how much extra value Leon has put on the table here. I mean this is some kind of value getting an MVP player on this contract, on getting a leading scorer, a multiple season +50 goals, or of getting the top playoff producer/Game for duration of contract.

12M X whatever would be a hometown discount. If Leon wants less term you give it to him. Ideally its a 4yr deal. This allows the team, and Leon to move on at future point if wished. I don't think an 8yr is in best interests of either party.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I do need to re phrase. "kinda crap" was harsh. Bad word choice, but we do need to admit he didn't have the best season by his standards. He definitely wasn't himself all season long.

Reactions: 5Hollywood5

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
He broke his finger blocking a shot in the Vancouver series.

So there is that.
I kinda think he didn't really give a rats about the regular season which is why he wasn't great. We seen him flick a switch in the playoffs and then ya he got injured.

So we had elite Drai from the start of the playoffs until he got hurt.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
He put up a 40 goal/106pt, +26 season and has 30pts in 22 games in the playoffs.

That's not any kind of crap.
Agian my word choice was bad, but we have to agree that Drai didn't really have a great season by his standards. When people say you are a top 3 forward in the league you should get judged on that.

It's not all about putting up points either. He just hasn't looked very good.

A fair counter argument as to why he didn't have a great season would be because he had shit for line mates all year long. I'd get behind that.

Reactions: Duke74

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I do need to re phrase. "kinda crap" was harsh. Bad word choice, but we do need to admit he didn't have the best season by his standards. He definitely wasn't himself all season long.

This is exactly why you do whatever it takes.

When one of your players has a 40g100p season and everyone agrees it was a down year by his standard, you stfu and pay that player whatever the hell he wants.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I seriously can’t tell if the poster is trolling or is just…..well, I wont use that word.

The last few weeks here many of their posts have been headscratchers. Chalk these last two up with the others.
I think it's a completely fair discussion. My word choice was bad, but I'm not trolling. Drai just hasn't been as good as he needs to be and I'm not afraid to say it.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I kinda think he didn't really give a rats about the regular season which is why he wasn't great. We seen him flick a switch in the playoffs and then ya he got injured.

So we had elite Drai from the start of the playoffs until he got hurt.
That wasn't the only one. There was a couple.

In the LA series, on his very first shift of game one, he flew off the bench full of piss and vinegar and threw a huge bodycheck on I think Doughty by the blueline. You could tell he hurt something there as well. From the way he looked immediately after, it was a middle body injury.

Sadly, he has injured himself in the past doing this rare, exact same thing. So obviously he should no longer throw big body checks at high speed. He is not good at it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00