Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 62 15.9%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Who is everyone's target for the Winnipeg pick?

Connelly for me.

0% chance that Hughes takes Connelly as the kid is a legitimste P.O.S. and goes against everything that Hughes and Gorton preach about. The importance of not just having good players but good people who can create and nurture a strong commitment to the team and to each other......Connelly is as far from this archetype as you are going to get.

Last edited:

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Isnt he like racist or whatever the f***?

is Mailloux a sexual predator? Young people make mistakes and unfortunates behaviors, We must be careful not to label them too quickly. Connely still on Foley's (Recruites) top 5 list, which is too much but give you an idea that you just cannot put this guy out of equation. Connelly is a skilled playmaker who shows flashes of being a difference maker without realy needing nobody to make it happens. we need some of that too

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
jett luchanko

Nice choice.

I can't even really begin to narrow it down as there are just too many players that I really like that could slip to us. Winnipeg didn't slip as much as I wanted and hopefully we are not left alone at the alter when the last of my favourites is gone with the selection before ours :eek3:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I guess Levshunov is this years Wright for grant to poop on -
he should have kept it to himself til after the draft!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
is Mailloux a sexual predator? Young people make mistakes and unfortunates behaviors, We must be careful not to label them too quickly. Connely still on Foley's (Recruites) top 5 list, which is too much but give you an idea that you just cannot put this guy out of equation. Connelly is a skilled playmaker who shows flashes of being a difference maker without realy needing nobody to make it happens. we need some of that too
It was one incident with Mailloux. It’s multiple with Connelly.

Also this management didn’t draft Mailloux, so your point is moot.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Too many people sleeping on Catton
IMG_1919.jpeg

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
It was one incident with Mailloux. It’s multiple with Connelly.

Also this management didn’t draft Mailloux, so your point is moot.

I would prefer to use "couple" than "multiple"... and for what we can know, after a hearing with the CAHA, it was determined no violation occurred for the in ice one.

... and my point isnt about management

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would prefer to use "couple" than "multiple"... and for what we can know, after a hearing with the CAHA, it was determined no violation occurred for the in ice one.

Okay then I wouldn’t draft him on the sole basis of his idiotic and senseless head hunting he did in the U18 final which cost his team the gold medal. Stupid and selfish play from a stupid and selfish player.

And the management point stands. They won’t draft him nor would they have drafted Mailloux. Doesn’t fit at all with their MO.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

Sure - only if you are willing to scoop up the poop from peoples bags.

Reactions: Saxon

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Screenshot_20240525_142602_YouTube.jpg

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Well okay guys, I know, there's a lot to dislike about the guy, I cant blame you for that, but I would put the trigger for the skills. A guy like that at 26 could be our long term solution

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Looking like a player is ‘’involved’’ doesn’t mean they are more than the player who does the same thing but more effortlessly and doesn’t look like they’re as intense as the other player.

Gallagher looks more intense than Suzuki, does it means he accomplish more?

Don't check now, but it pretty much translated into their respective statline as well.
At some point you'd think this fanbase would have had enough of the longshots and would stop being wowed by the shiny new toy who scores a couple of highlight reel goals.

I guess not.

1716662159040.png

I know stats are not the be all end all. But these are not the stats of someone who had the success OR progression to warrant being picked #5 overall.

So you have to look at the guy actually playing the game. And then you notice his engagement is erratic, that he plays a very raw game, and that you're pretty much banking all of it on him "not having grown properly into his body yet".

I'm sorry, this just a recipe for disaster.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Don't check now, but it pretty much translated into their respective statline as well.
At some point you'd think this fanbase would have had enough of the longshots and would stop being wowed by the shiny new toy who scores a couple of highlight reel goals.

I guess not.

View attachment 875660

I know stats are not the be all end all. But these are not the stats of someone who had the success OR progression to warrant being picked #5 overall.

So you have to look at the guy actually playing the game. And then you notice his engagement is erratic, that he plays a very raw game, and that you're pretty much banking all of it on him "not having grown properly into his body yet".

Have you watched him?

His progression was great to watch this year, on the ice and how the production came with it.

I’ll take upside over safety. It’s about who is on a upward trajectory now.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020

I guess not.

View attachment 875660

You post about progression but completely ignore the drastic difference between his first and second half of the season.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What's the deal with Surin?
He's an animal honestly. He's a bit of a know, but in a good way.

Not a comparison in style, talent or what ever, of course, but he's a lot of early years Ovi in the way he plays. Fast, reckless, hard and heavy. His skill levels vary a lot IMO, but there's something there. 1st liner? Tough sell. 2nd? I can get behind that.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I know, I’m just a Stan and partial to that value/cost of his goal scoring skills. Short kings never have the benefit of the doubt, I mean Logan Stankoven went comfortably in the second round…. And he was electric.

My big point of fandom on Poirier is his strength. It’s a sight to see. That shot arsenal and the dog in him get my blood pumping. But again I’m partial to the guy, I’m too big of a fan to have honest input. I would’ve thrown the kitchen sink at Hutson at the Mesar pick so I have the wind in my sails with short kings :laugh:
I love Poirier too... he's not gonna be there for our 2nd.

The question is do we reach for him in the first? f*** I think I would man. I love, love the kid.

If they go Lindstrom or Iggy, that takes away from the size problem.

I'd be so excited if we got him, even at 26. Just the thought of him makes me giddy.

I'll f***ing say it right here and I might be extremely wrong but I feel like he could just be a better version of Cole. He's got the dog that Cole doesn't have in him to go with the array of shots. Of course Cole has better hands, wheels, shots and passing but I feel like he could be the goalscoring midget of the NHL.

Reactions: Gustave

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
On the Grant/Levshunov thing… Grant starting his whole takedown by questionning his age (saying he might even be 20, his words not mine) is quite the statement, as he acknowledges at the same time that it’s his own speculation. What the hell is that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad