• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Are there a lot of people watching a lot of MHL games?

I do

Good chance that San Jose wind up with both Cellebrini and Eiserman in this draft. It could set them up for years.

They will pick a D with the other pick, they have a monster prospect pool at forward already.

You don't add Eiserman to Haltunen, Musty, they have this type of player.

Reactions: vokiel and Leto

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think people says that because Basha was the playmaker on his line while Lindstrom was the finisher. He does read the game very well thought from the shift I've seen, excellent anticipation in the ozone, even if it's mostly anticipating what Basha would do.

But even if those stats says "excellent playmaker", he's not the most creative guy with the puck. When Lindstrom has the puck, it usually goes to the net/near the net.
Go get Basha with Winnipeg pick them ;)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Feels bad that I didn't get too many viewings of Lindstrom this year. It'd be awesome if he were our big bad centerman after all these years, and in the one game I did see he seemed really good, but yeah I have no read on him.
Here is a shift by shift I made early in the season, before he starts climbing in the rankings.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't understand how everyone want a forward no matter what with the history we have. The best pick we have make is Carey Price and the worst was Jesperi Kotkaniemi. The first one was the BPA no matter what and the second one was to fill a need.

Even if you don't need Hughes or Tkachuk, you do with it, because it's the guy to pick and in the long run everyone wins, more valuable assets/impact player you just need to be creative with it.

You don't build your team at the draft table it's a crapshoot even with a top pick if you want to build your team at the draft table you trade the pick for immediate help on a more mature players and not the potential of a young prospect; if you want something concrete you will reach your goal way faster with that.

People seem to have forget the last ERA of your next Big 3 with Hollywood Hainsey and Mike"I handle the puck like a grenade" Komisarek. We have a lot of d-man prospects but quantity doesn't mean quality we have 3 young guy with a special talent, Guhle can become a shutdown pair, Xhekaj a true heavyweight and Hutson a offensive dynamo. The first two are injury prone and the third one has size issue. After that, you have Reinbacher, Engstrom, Kornyushkov, Mailloux has potential top 4, maybe top 2 for the first one! We have 2 complete d-man in Guhle and Reinbacher, all the others have some flaws somewhere! Mailloux has all the tools in the world but how we will use him in the long run if Hutson and Matheson is here; I can't see Matheson stay if Hutson is ready in short term, I would have no use for an other offensive d-man like Barron or Mailloux knowing they will never touch the PP or close and how they respond at even strenght and their toolbox.

We need to stop thinking we are set at D, we are not even close yet

It's troubling to me that they don't go BPA, I can't say I'm a fan of hearing my GM say if it's a LD we might trade down or if he was a LD we may not have picked him, doesn't mean they won't be right in the end but that's now how I would want to see my team approach the draft.

I hope they go BPA this year. I don't get the trade down part, which is something I'm usually for but we have made 58 picks since 2018 and have 24 more in the next 2 drafts, we have a shit ton of prospects/picks so what they need more then anything is high end talent. Granted if you can get the player you wanted all along and add another asset then good on ya but at 5th I would hope our guy falls to us and if not try to trade up, if that doesn't work then I would still go bpa.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I like him but I'm sure not as much as Button after he sees one good game of a prospect.

Miettinen!!! I tell you what, when we drafted Iginla we thought he'd be a good player, he was more than that!!! Miettinen when you watch him play, and I'm not gonna say this is who he will become, but he reminds you of Jonathan Toews with the scoring upside of Aho. If I'm a team drafting for a team in the first round there's no way I'm letting him get by me, there's no way!
He's not in many mock drafts

Troyp

Oct 10, 2012
Don't really know why you'd bring race into this lol.

He's usually got good vision, he just fumbles a lot of short passes and often has a shoot-first mentality. His hockey IQ is good, but if someone just watched one game of his I could see them coming away thinking he has tunnel vision.

IMG_5698.jpeg

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I don't understand how everyone want a forward no matter what with the history we have. The best pick we have make is Carey Price and the worst was Jesperi Kotkaniemi. The first one was the BPA no matter what and the second one was to fill a need.

Even if you don't need Hughes or Tkachuk, you do with it, because it's the guy to pick and in the long run everyone wins, more valuable assets/impact player you just need to be creative with it.

You don't build your team at the draft table it's a crapshoot even with a top pick if you want to build your team at the draft table you trade the pick for immediate help on a more mature players and not the potential of a young prospect; if you want something concrete you will reach your goal way faster with that.

People seem to have forget the last ERA of your next Big 3 with Hollywood Hainsey and Mike"I handle the puck like a grenade" Komisarek. We have a lot of d-man prospects but quantity doesn't mean quality we have 3 young guy with a special talent, Guhle can become a shutdown pair, Xhekaj a true heavyweight and Hutson a offensive dynamo. The first two are injury prone and the third one has size issue. After that, you have Reinbacher, Engstrom, Kornyushkov, Mailloux has potential top 4, maybe top 2 for the first one! We have 2 complete d-man in Guhle and Reinbacher, all the others have some flaws somewhere! Mailloux has all the tools in the world but how we will use him in the long run if Hutson and Matheson is here; I can't see Matheson stay if Hutson is ready in short term, I would have no use for an other offensive d-man like Barron or Mailloux knowing they will never touch the PP or close and how they respond at even strenght and their toolbox.

We need to stop thinking we are set at D, we are not even close yet. We can't keep a lead, we give 25 scoring chances each games and goalie need to do 5 miracle each games to be competitive and we can't keep the puck outside of the net in the PK! I know the young D-man will progress and become better, now it's like a jungle with the roster we have, but to believe the same pieces would become a shutdown D at maturity who will be able to contend year after year in the good window is to dream awaken! The team will change a lot in the next years and the "final" roster would not include 6 d-man coming from your prospects! When we will compete we will do like Colorado, Vegas and Tampa Bay looking for the best assets we can with what we have!

If the staff don't believe in the forward at your draft rank be creative and try to trade him for something you believe. I don't want to take a shortcut, we do the rebuild the right way, but because of their situation, I would make a call to Ottawa with a giant offer for Brady Tkachuk!
Your first + Mailloux or your first + Newhook has base to work on! Paid the big price for the guy you think who can help you to bring the next Stanley Cup and I think Tkachuk is a player like that; I would be ready to give one of my nuts to have him! With Tkachuk, everyone would be in the right chair in PP, Tkachuk-Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield on the 1st unit and Dach-Roy, 2 players who can drive the pp, on the second unit; it would be awesome and the best PP we have since 1995; HM to 2009!

I'm not sold on Newhook, not a bad player at all, but if everything goes well in 2 years it will be Newhook-Beck-Roy on the third line and if he not evolve his game to something else, became a PK guys or becoming a beast on 200 hundreds feets like Andrew Cogliano have do after understanding he was not good enough to be an offensive player, he would be a guy we need to replace for a guy like Lekhonen, a young Maroon, Paul or a young Perry because they add something valuable for a contender team more than a speedy player who can put some points on the sheets. Colorado have no use for him in their window, it will be the same case here if he don't improve and stop pencil this guy on the second line at least for the future, we are not losing since 3 years to contend with Newhook on the second line, be real for a second! I know we have lower your standard since 30 years because of the team we have over the time but it's not a reason to do the same mistake again and again!
100% agreed with you. That's where I think lots of peopel here might be in for a real surprise if we end up with a D. Whether LD or RD. The quality of these defencemen are insane and their potential are sky high. Over forwards we are currently considering.

Locks

May 28, 2005

But some claim he’s a “bad playmaker” and doesn’t read the game well

This does help to ease some of the concerns about his IQ/playmaking. The David SL's video does mention that he is more of a finisher on the line while Basha is a playmaker and his G/A ratio agrees with that.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
This does help to ease some of the concerns about his IQ/playmaking. The David SL's video does mention that he is more of a finisher on the line while Basha is a playmaker and his G/A ratio agrees with that.
He'd fit in perfectly in our top 6 then. We have Slaf, Suzuki and Dach already as natural playmakers. This team needs more goals.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Brady was my choice that year. I was shocked when we picked KK. I didn't know who he was.
Same with me but this board was cold on Brady. KK who was last minute best choice became the choice prefered by a large portion here. Lol, I'm just a little bit exagerating but this board breathe around consensus and debates where gurus speaks and others listen. And also this board is very influenced with opinions of McGuire and Basu. :laugh:

Reactions: No More Subban

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Same with me but this board was cold on Brady. KK who was last minute best choice became the choice prefered by a large portion here. Lol, I'm just a little bit exagerating but this board breathe around consensus and debates where gurus speaks and others listen. And also this board is very influenced with opinions of McGuire and Basu. :laugh:
I was the only one who wanted Noah Dobson :(

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
So, let’s be honest, can somebody explain to me the Silayev hyp?

I understand he’s big, mobile and played in the KHL at 17 years old. It’s enticing a prospect of his potential, but how can we justify him in the top 3. He’s a project and I think that’s so risky.
Just watch the playoffs. Big defencemen that aren’t even that good have been extremely effective. Zadorov, Carlo, and even to a lesser extent Lohrei. So imagine getting one that’s even bigger and more skilled. Of course teams will covet that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad