HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Question: if Habs end up drafting 2nd or 3rd and both Cole Eiserman and Cayden Lindstrom are available, which one would you guys pick?

I don't know enough of either. But both have size, Eiserman (6' and 190 lbs) and Lindstrom (6'4" and 216 lbs) and both provide offence to their respective teams.
Lindstrom. He's a more complete player, on a very good development curve right now and will have more impact over 200 feets.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Right now, Lindstrom (and fairly easily I would say). Eiserman would be a great add as well, I just don't see him driving play as much as Lindstrom in the NHL.

With how our team is apparently shaping up, Lindstrom is a perfect fit.

It is so enticing with his size alone. Just thinking of having guys like Slaf (6'3" and 230 lbs), Dach (6'4" and 212 lbs), and Lindstrom (6'4" and 216 lbs) in your Top-6. Whether they're on a line together or split in separate lines, They're 3 really big bodies who all drive play.

And then you have Suzuki, who is a shade under 6', but over 200 lbs and is very durable. If Cole is your only small forward in your Top-6, but is someone who, aside from this year, can score a lot of goals, your Top-6 might look real good soon.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Don't need to take Button's list into consideration.. the defense are going high, the forwards going high are Celebrini and Lindstrom.. after that, it's anyones guess when the forwards go because defense is generally picked high when available and a lot of the teams still tanking with us have a need on the defensive side of the puck.
You think Lindstrom goes before Eiserman? Where do you have him ranked and also compared to Helenius?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Question: if Habs end up drafting 2nd or 3rd and both Cole Eiserman and Cayden Lindstrom are available, which one would you guys pick?

I don't know enough of either. But both have size, Eiserman (6' and 190 lbs) and Lindstrom (6'4" and 216 lbs) and both provide offence to their respective teams.

Lindstrom quite easily.. Eiserman is gonna go a lot later than people suspect and his size is irrelevant since he doesn't use it at all.

I can't even watch Demidov videos I'm too afraid that we will pass even if he's on the board.

One of our high ranking scouts loved him last year. Don't get it twisted, it was not really about Michkov being russian.

Other than the obvious russian factor, what's the knock on Demidov?

Too individualistic, will try to deke everyone than use teammates and his shot isn't a super big weapon. But those are just the kind of flaws you find with a lot of top players like that.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You think Lindstrom goes before Eiserman? Where do you have him ranked and also compared to Helenius?

I'm pretty solid on Lindstrom going before Eiserman. Eiserman is falling everywhere except on Button's list who probably hasn't seen him since last years U18s.

He's ripping up the WHL, he's got unique size.. those guys go high because they are rare. Eiserman hasn't diversified his game enough.

This was my latest top 10, there will be some movement still.

Macklin Celebrini​
Sam Dickinson​
Ivan Demidov​
Berkly Catton​
Cayden Lindstrom​
Cole Eiserman​
Artyom Levshunov​
Zayne Parekh​
Konsta Helenius​
Carter Yakemchuk​

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Too individualistic, will try to deke everyone than use teammates and his shot isn't a super big weapon. But those are just the kind of flaws you find with a lot of top players like that.

Playing in the MHL might not be helping as he can dominate at that level and not actually develop or work on improving flaws. I know he got hurt and missed some time, but curious that they have been keeping him there rather than at least having him in the VHL.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I'm pretty solid on Lindstrom going before Eiserman. Eiserman is falling everywhere except on Button's list who probably hasn't seen him since last years U18s.

He's ripping up the WHL, he's got unique size.. those guys go high because they are rare. Eiserman hasn't diversified his game enough.

Macklin Celebrini​
Sam Dickinson​
Ivan Demidov​
Berkly Catton​
Cayden Lindstrom​
Cole Eiserman​
Artyom Levshunov​
Zayne Parekh​
Konsta Helenius​
Carter Yakemchuk​
I like Catton a lot as well, I think he will be a solid pick if we can land him!!

I haven't had a chance to watch him play yet, how is Iginla's kid?

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I can see the Sabres and Wild passing us pretty soon, but the Coyotes are troubling. 6th is very realistic, especially when we do a sell off at the TDL as our vets have surprisingly played well. It looks like it is possible, at 6th, that a player like Eiserman or Demidov slip, and even more likely a player like Lindstrom is there as well. I like those odds.

If we pick Lindstrom, it likely means Dach gets moved to RW. How does everyone feel about that?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Other than the obvious russian factor, what's the knock on Demidov?
His current playstyle doesn't translate well to the NHL and he seems to be reinforcing bad habits instead of the opposite.

It might be that he should be playing at a higher level to show more pro-readiness or he's just another of those superstar Junior players who can't transition to pro. Interviews will probably by how this is sorted out, unfortunately not something we are privy to.

Reactions: Seb

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
It is so enticing with his size alone. Just thinking of having guys like Slaf (6'3" and 230 lbs), Dach (6'4" and 212 lbs), and Lindstrom (6'4" and 216 lbs) in your Top-6. Whether they're on a line together or split in separate lines, They're 3 really big bodies who all drive play.

And then you have Suzuki, who is a shade under 6', but over 200 lbs and is very durable. If Cole is your only small forward in your Top-6, but is someone who, aside from this year, can score a lot of goals, your Top-6 might look real good soon.
Lindstrom - Dach - Mesar
Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf

Not the most talented top-6 in the league but 2 strong 1A/1B lines that I definitely wouldn't want to face in the playoffs. That 2nd line will also be much more productive when splitting top duties.

I don't know why but I have a feeling Hughes will really, really want to grab Lindstrom.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

The answer is Demidov if its 2.

After, Catton.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Playing in the MHL might not be helping as he can dominate at that level and not actually develop or work on improving flaws. I know he got hurt and missed some time, but curious that they have been keeping him there rather than at least having him in the VHL.

With new system Demidov plays 2/3 games vs top MHL teams, which is a pretty solid competition. Still a junior league, but a lot of tough games vs top Russian U20 development systems. And he still leads the league in PPG and way above any of his teammates. Don't forget, it's U20 league and he turned 18 just one month ago.

I guess it's even good he's not in VHL, it shows SKA doesn't count on him because he's not going to sign extention. I hope they will trade him to another KHL team next season, SKA usualy does it to players who don't wanna play for them. And after that season he will come to NA.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
With new system Demidov plays 2/3 games vs top MHL teams, which is a pretty solid competition. Still a junior league, but a lot of tough games vs top Russian U20 development systems. And he still leads the league in PPG and way above any of his teammates. Don't forget, it's U20 league and he turned 18 just one month ago.

I guess it's even good he's not in VHL, it shows SKA doesn't count on him because he's not going to sign extention. I hope they will trade him to another KHL team next season, SKA usualy does it to players who don't wanna play for them. And after that season he will come to NA.
Doubt it can happen but demidov on torpedo would be nice.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf

Not the most talented top-6 in the league but 2 strong 1A/1B lines that I definitely wouldn't want to face in the playoffs. That 2nd line will also be much more productive when splitting top duties.

I don't know why but I have a feeling Hughes will really, really want to grab Lindstrom.
I don't see Mesar in the top 6 until he's 23-25.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I'm starting to think the top 10 will be all dmen except for Celebrini and like Lindstrom...:laugh:

Habs need mid-1st round picks!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
1705076493879.png

1705076523663.png

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I like Catton a lot as well, I think he will be a solid pick if we can land him!!

I haven't had a chance to watch him play yet, how is Iginla's kid?

Iginla's kid is good.. but he's more of the opportunistic sniper, not a true power forward like his dad.

He's not good enough to be our first pick and not bad enough to be in the range if we pick up another 1st.

Reactions: Habs 4 Life

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017

Macklin Celebrini​
Sam Dickinson​
Ivan Demidov​
Berkly Catton​
Cayden Lindstrom​
Cole Eiserman​
Artyom Levshunov​
Zayne Parekh​
Konsta Helenius​
Carter Yakemchuk​
Don't love Silayev?

Status