HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Seeing lots of hype for Parekh. I know we just drafted Reinbacher, but having a lineup of:
Guhle - Parekh
Hutson - Reinbacher

For years to come just seems like a dream to me. We'd be able to offload Mailloux, Barron and most of our other Ds.

I still want Demidov/Lindstrom/Catton over a D, but wonder if we can snag a 2nd 1st and draft him. Doubt he falls too far though.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I want forward with that pick, but I will understand if they pick a great D aswell.

Look with Romanov, Habs acquire Dach because of Romanov. So it's will easy to trade a good young D for a very good young forward.

But the perfect scenario for the rebuild it's if we can be lucky with the lottery and having a chance to grab a very good forward.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Celebrini
Demidov
Catton/Lindstrom/Eiserman for 3rd tier forwards
Levshunov/Buium for 3rd tier Ds

Helenius is good but shouldn't be part of the convo, IMO.
I'll admit I haven't watched much tape yet of the prospects, but I did catch some of the WJC. Celebrini looked amazing to me. Clearly going to be a franchise center for anyone unless Chicago gets him, because then it'll still be Bedard haha. Buium also looks very good.

Eiserman seems to be falling a bit from last year's projections - is it mostly because of his reliance on his shooting/goalscoring ability and not rounding his game out?

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Seeing lots of hype for Parekh. I know we just drafted Reinbacher, but having a lineup of:
Guhle - Parekh
Hutson - Reinbacher

For years to come just seems like a dream to me. We'd be able to offload Mailloux, Barron and most of our other Ds.

I still want Demidov/Lindstrom/Catton over a D, but wonder if we can snag a 2nd 1st and draft him. Doubt he falls too far though.
I understand the thinking but we’d be selling our weakest assets, thus bringing in lesser players, which wouldn’t give us the target needed for our needs.

We’ll have to bite the bullet and sell high on a Guhle, Hutson or Reinbacher.

Fuonki

Jan 2, 2020
His release and offense hockey IQ say hi. That s what people used to say about Aho, Hintz, Lundell… Harder to seem elite when you play with men at 17 than when you are deking around 17 year old who will never make it to the pros.

Well we clearly have different standards then when it comes to defining an elite ability. Helenius to me seems clearly like an opportunistic goal scorer who creates goals through shifty movement and good hands, not with his pure shooting ability. It's not a weakness by any means, but clearly not something that is already at an NHL level. He has great chemistry with his linemates at Jukurit and fits in very well with their fluid playstyle, but I can't see the top 5 potential that some people are saying.

Lundell was a much more mature & a complete player (but a weaker skater too) and he went near the middle of the first round and so far has settled in nicely in Florida as a solid middle six center. Aho & Hintz both only took massive steps in their D+1 seasons and were never even considered as legitimate top line talents before that. And Liiga is currently at one of it's lowest points in terms of talent, as there are simply too many teams and even the top teams are still running tight on finances after Covid, which has meant that all the best players are leaving for Switzerland/Sweden.

I see Helenius currently being close to Lundell in terms of overall talent, with a slight edge in pure offensive output thanks to his superior skating ability. As of right now I just don't see him having that top line NHL potential that you'd want in a top 5 pick

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Well we clearly have different standards then when it comes to defining an elite ability. Helenius to me seems clearly like an opportunistic goal scorer who creates goals through shifty movement and good hands, not with his pure shooting ability. It's not a weakness by any means, but clearly not something that is already at an NHL level. He has great chemistry with his linemates at Jukurit and fits in very well with their fluid playstyle, but I can't see the top 5 potential that some people are saying.

Lundell was a much more mature & a complete player (but a weaker skater too) and he went near the middle of the first round and so far has settled in nicely in Florida as a solid middle six center. Aho & Hintz both only took massive steps in their D+1 seasons and were never even considered as legitimate top line talents before that. And Liiga is currently at one of it's lowest points in terms of talent, as there are simply too many teams and even the top teams are still running tight on finances after Covid, which has meant that all the best players are leaving for Switzerland/Sweden.

I see Helenius currently being close to Lundell in terms of overall talent, with a slight edge in pure offensive output thanks to his superior skating ability. As of right now I just don't see him having that top line NHL potential that you'd want in a top 5 pick

I agree with Helenius being different but close to Lundell in terms of potential. I had Lundell somewhere between 5 and 7 and still think he has untapped potential.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

sick game from Demidov, not just the points as he easily could of had 5 or 6 points.

Goal - 4:17
1st assist - 2:08
2nd assist - 6:38

I wonder if Demidov's teammate, #70 blue Yegor Graf gets drafted. He doesn't usually play on Demidov's line but did set up his goal.

Last edited:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

sick game from Demidov, not just the points as he easily could of had 5 or 6 points.

I wonder if Demidov's teammate, #70 blue Yegor Graf gets drafted. He doesn't usually play on Demidov's line but did set up his goal.

2nd assist was disgusting. Must not get too hyped

Reactions: montreal

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Yegor Graf definitely gets drafted. Good player.

Reactions: montreal

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I really like the Gauthier trade for ANA perspective, they will probably target a D with their 1st, leaving us a shot at top forward this year. I would love to get either Lindstrom or Helenius with our potential 6-8th overall

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Question: if Habs end up drafting 2nd or 3rd and both Cole Eiserman and Cayden Lindstrom are available, which one would you guys pick?

I don't know enough of either. But both have size, Eiserman (6' and 190 lbs) and Lindstrom (6'4" and 216 lbs) and both provide offence to their respective teams.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Question: if Habs end up drafting 2nd or 3rd and both Cole Eiserman and Cayden Lindstrom are available, which one would you guys pick?

I don't know enough of either. But both have size, Eiserman (6' and 190 lbs) and Lindstrom (6'4" and 216 lbs) and both provide offence to their respective teams.
personally for me i would go

Catton ( really big on him )
Eiserman
Lindstrom

Reactions: Adam Michaels

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon

Right now, Lindstrom (and fairly easily I would say). Eiserman would be a great add as well, I just don't see him driving play as much as Lindstrom in the NHL.

With how our team is apparently shaping up, Lindstrom is a perfect fit.

personally for me i would go

Catton ( really big on him )
Eiserman
Lindstrom
I would probably go with Catton before Eiserman too.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Other than the obvious russian factor, what's the knock on Demidov?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
We need a * world-class gourmet playmaker *

back.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad