HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I get Waddell wasn’t with the org at the time, but Bobrovsky, Panarin and other Russian players bolting from Columbus at first chance due to lack of Russian community … could that play a factor in not selecting Demigod?

Unless he knows MTL wants him, then they can try to get them to move up to make the pick. It’s all mind games this time of year

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hutson won’t add that much weight, it was report in his draft that he won’t be able to add that much weight because of his metabolism (I don’t remember at 100 % what it is and I’m not doctor so not sure I really understand why too)
Anyone can add weight. He'll just have to eat more.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Reading this thread on and off. So much weird stuff written for some good comments. That being said I wonder why relative age is not taken into account more to evaluate the upside of a prospect. Iginila (August) and Eiserman (Sept.) are the two youngest players in the top prospects of tis draft. It should be taken into account. Same with Dickinson born in June versus Buium in December. Dickinson is six months younger. At that age it's a lot. Obviously it cannot be the main factor, but if you have two prospects kind of equal, the fact that one is 6-9 months youger should be part of the equation.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
To me Lindstrom looks very similar to Slafkovsky at the same age. Great size, good hands and shot, but vision seems deficient.

Reactions: ReHabs

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
To me Lindstrom looks very similar to Slafkovsky at the same age. Great size, good hands and shot, but vision seems deficient.
Supposedly he compared himself to Quinton Byfield (as per google). Said he can fight.

Maybe Getzlaf is a good comparaison as far as C goes? Or Chris Krider?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
More and more....I guess it's the age..lol, it's tough for me to dedicate my time to put down a list. Anyway, there are so many lists out there and mock drafts...what is one more. And frankly, I didn't had the time to watch as many full games as i used to. For my top 32 and HM, I did though...but there are so many others out there that I didn't watch that much that I just didn't add them.

So it's NOT a mock draft. It's my top 32. And a few HM that I just had the toughest time to not include in my top 32. I did make a top 100 that I'll keep for myself 'cause it's not fun to have spout a list out there but I can't wait to see how many will be picked!

MY FINAL LIST!

Top 32

HM (I understand that quite a few of my HM might not even be picked till mid-rounds. Still, I like them...lol)

Favorite overager

Favorite goalie

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Really? Oh, I didn’t realize that.
It seems so because consuming a gallon of milk a day is a fantastic way to get fat for most people, even athletes.

Bulking is a thing of the past. Lifting heavy with proper nutrition on a small caloric surplus is advocated to pack on lean mass.

I would be happy to be proven wrong, but this doesn't look like a dude who squat, bench and deadlift heavy weights:

lane_hutson.jpeg

At 20 years old with his hormonal profile, a couple of months in the gym with a +/- 300-500 calorie surplus should suffice, not downing jugs of milk like a lardass lmao.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It seems so because consuming a gallon of milk a day is a fantastic way to get fat for most people, even athletes.

Bulking is a thing of the past. Lifting heavy with proper nutrition on a small caloric surplus is advocated to pack on lean mass.

I would be happy to be proven wrong, but this doesn't look like a dude who squat, bench and deadlift heavy weights:

View attachment 885991

At 20 years old with his hormonal profile, a couple of months in the gym with a +/- 300-500 calorie surplus should suffice, not downing jugs of milk like a lardass lmao.
Did you not notice the laughter after I posted GOMAD? That would be insanity.

But to say that some people can’t add muscle is nonsense. Anyone can. It’s just harder for some than others.

And NO you don’t need to drink a gallon of milk a day to do it. :laugh:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
You don't win cups without superstars. The whole point of a rebuild is to acquire them. If you're going to pass on them, rebuild the rebuild.
They need gamebreakers to win the cup...else their ceiling is becoming the Carolina Hurricanes 2.0.

If they pass on a potential gamebreaker like Buium to draft a winger like Sennecke or Iginla just to patch current holes in the lineup it may very well cost them a cup.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I think you're mistaken, Catton is also a pretty obvious exception. He's not any smaller than Keller, Point, Marner, Guentzel, Bratt, Panarin, etc.

There's also the fact that he's not "built like a high schooler", he is a high schooler.

So I'm right he's still built like a high schooler. And I'm talking about the average high schooler not the ones that look like men. Also all the players besides point (who has the benefit of playing with a top 5 player) are wingers.

I'm not saying Catton is going to suck or that if the Habs had a free top 10 pi k that could only be Catton, I wouldn't jump to get that, I just don't think he'll be as effective with his style of play especially at 5 on 5. Small puck dominant players rarely do even if you mentioned the exceptions. Also Marner isn't small, he's 6'0 180 lbs. He's under average but not small.

But hey he could totally surprise me and be the exception that plays small and still dominates the middle against 6'3 210 lb defensemen come playoff time

At the 2017 Combine Suzuki was measured at 5'11 and 183 lbs. Catton this year, 5'10.25 and 175 lbs, but 8 months older than Suzuki was then.

Suzuki is naturally thick tho. I bet if you were to look at their bone structure, it would be the case

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
They need gamebreakers to win the cup...else their ceiling is becoming the Carolina Hurricanes 2.0.

If they pass on a potential gamebreaker like Buium to draft a winger like Sennecke or Iginla just to patch current holes in the lineup it may very well cost them a cup.

Carolina are just chokers. Has nothing to do with game breaking talent. It's like Colorado besides that one time they won a Stanley Cup. They can't get out of the second round if they even make it unlike 2023 playoffs when Seattle finished them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad