HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Gut feeling top 15 2024 draft prediction:

1. San Jose - Macklin Celibrini
2. Chicago - Artyom Levshunov
3. Anaheim - Anton Silayev
4. Columbus - Cayden Lidstrom
5. Montreal - Tij Iginla
6. Utah - Ivan Demidov
7. Ottawa - Zeev Buium
8. Seattle - Sam Dickinson
9. Calgary - Berkly Catton
10. New Jersey - Carter Yakemchuk
11. Buffalo - Beckett Sennecke
12. Philadelphia - Cole Eiserman
13. Minnesota - Zayne Parekh
14. San Jose - Konsta Helenius
15. Detroit - Michael Hage

Feel free to applaud or shit on it.

Reactions: Frank JT

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
When was Markov ever the biggest D on the team? The best skater? The most physical? The hardest shooting? The best pure defender? Never. But there’s also very little debate that he was by far the most valuable Defenceman the Habs have had at any point in the last 30 years.

But it’s clear that you value individual tools over anything else so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Markov was picked as a Center prospect in the 6th round. Completely different situation.

If they do indeed pick a LHD at 5, HuGo better have a trade ready to go to get a top 6 forward. And to relieve the log jam at LHD. They can only ice 3-4 lefties per game.

This will only hurt their development as there isn't enough ice time available for all the lefties.

Last edited:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Friedman in the 32 thought this morning
Very surprising news today from Elliotte Friedman on 32TP.

“His family advisor and the Jets are not talking, but the only thing I can tell you is that I have heard that Rutger McGroarty has been brought up in trade discussions. »

The 2022 14th overall pick scored 52 points in 36 games for the University of Michigan (NCAA). McGroarty previously announced he was returning to school for his third year. The Jets retain his signing rights for 2 more years.

• Love
Reactions: McGees

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

5. Montreal - Tij Iginla
6. Utah - Ivan Demidov
7. Ottawa - Zeev Buium

Not gonna shit on it but I don't think there's a world where the Habs are going Iginla with Demidov, Sennecke, Bium and Parekh on the board.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Not gonna shit on it but I don't think there's a world where the Habs are going Iginla with Demidov, Sennecke, Bium and Parekh on the board.
agreed cant see it either
never pass on demidov for iggs

For teams looking to add a solid and reliable defenseman to their blue line, Savard meets several criteria. He is entering the final year of his contract and could bolster a cup contender's backline in 2024-25.

Teams interested in David Savard:
Dallas Stars, Colorado Avalanche and Winnipeg Jets » - David Pagnotta

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
There isn't such a world. I think/hope we'll leave the draft with one of Demidov, Lindstrom or Buium, in that order. Celebrini, Demidov and Buium are probably the three safest bets to become star players in the NHL, but I could live with Lindstrom given his obvious physical tools - just need to find a good chiropractor.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Iginla seems like the type of player Montreal would want to add to their core.

After that, Buium and Sennecke are the only type of pick that feel like Montreal pick, can't see Montreal having the guts to pick Demidov but hope they prove me wrong.

Parekh overall defensive game is too flawed to be a picked at #5.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Buium is my 3rd ranked prospect in the draft, on a tier with (in order) Iginla, Catton, Dickinson, Sennecke, Levshunov, Lindstrom. I would be very happy with taking him since I think he projects as a player in the mold of Adam Fox, and would take him over any dmen in our system, including Reinbacher.

That being said, passing on Demidov, who is closer to Celebrini than he is to anyone else in the draft, would be a massive mistake for a franchise that has been starved for offensive talent for decades. Passing on Michkov was already insane, but to do the same with Demidov who doesn't have the same "red flags" would be looney to me.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
My updated and final top 10.

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Dickinson
4. Buium
5. Levshunov
6. Iginla
7. Connolly
8. Yakemchuk
9. Sennecke
10. Eiserman

HM: Parekh, Catton

Tough year to make a list since there is not much separation between #3-12 for me.

Lidstrom drops big time because it has been confirmed the injury that sidelined him is a herniated disc. DND in the top 15 for me for that reason because without it he certainly is in my top 10.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
yep. I personally think they're list goes as such:

1. Lindstrom
2. Demidov
3. Levshunov
4. Buium
5. Sennecke
6. Parekh
7. Iginla

I'm pretty confident in the order of forwards, the dmen seem a lot harder to rank.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Be prepared for them to take Buium over Demidov. Basu starting to socialize that to the fan base.

I'll crucify them myself. I let them off the hook on the Reinbacher pick because I liked the player and he filled a clear and dire need.

This one is indefensible.

So you believe that Kent Hughes has let the local beat reporter in on the most carefully guarded organizational information????

Come on buddy, I don't know what is going on with you but you are smarter than this.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So you believe that Kent Hughes has let the local beat reporter in on the most carefully guarded organizational information????

Come on buddy, I don't know what is going on with you but you are smarter than this.
Actually, he probably did…..to throw everyone off……as Pacino once said, never let them see you coming

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

5. Montreal - Tij Iginla
6. Utah - Ivan Demidov
7. Ottawa - Zeev Buium

I am gonna do both......kind of like a Blumpkin's more polite cousin lol.

Reactions: Runner77

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Habs fan will riot if they pick Buium. That name sounds just like Bouillon. Imagine picking Bouillon over Demidov. On the plus side, it might help Carey remember his name this time.

• Haha
Reactions: No More Subban
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad