HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I’ll take a crack at posting my top 10:

1- Celebrini
2- Demidov
3- Dickinson
4- sennecke
5- Lindstrom
6- Buium
7- Levshunov
8- iginla
9- Parekh
10- Hutson

Yes I like Cole that much. It is what it is and I’ll own my ranking.
Hey I get it. I had Lane at 10 in 2022 but I liked his game better than Cole's.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
With the 5th OA pick, the montreal canadiens are proud to select :

1- Demidov
2- Dickinson or BUIUM
3- Lindstrom

IMO, if Demidov is off the board and one of BUIUM or DICKINSON is still available, you can't take a forward.

Hughes and Gorton are paid millions to be good asset managers. So, we need to take the best player available no matter what.

If we take Dickinson, Guhle becomes irrelevant.
If we take BUIUM, Hutson becomes irrelevant.

Though we need an elite forward and I'm not sure Zegras, Necas or Laine are what we need.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
You're the first person I see labeling Celebrini as generational

Generational is too much but he is ainec a franchise C. Top 10 in the league at his position. Dont think Carlsson upside is farther than this tho.

Imo, both teams keep their franchise C and Anaheim certainly does not pay 3rd overall for it.

In a vacuum, i think Carlsson and the 3rd is more value but i don't think San Jose has any interest in trading away its franchise player.

Personal ranking :

1. Celebrini
2. Buium
3. Demidov
4. Silayev
5. Parekh
6. Lindstrom
7. Tij
8. Levshunov
9. Dickinson
10. Catton
11. Sennecke
12. Eiserman

In the Habs position. I would pick Tij and Lindstrom ahead of Parekh tho. But not the rest.

Last edited:

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

I don't know man, personally the thought of having Buium/Hutson on the ice for 40+min/game should be a f***ing nightmare for the opposition.

These guy are insane puck mover, transition player especially surrounded by dman like Reinbacher and Guhle.

Buium - Reinbacher
Hutson - Guhle

There is no one irrelevant here and its exciting as f***.

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just read a bit of the Hawks draft thread and they seem to want Demidov very badly. If the Hawks go with Levshunov there might be a bit of an angry mob over there on draft night.

Also saw this in the draft thread on the CBJ board. Do the Jackets need more wingers though? :dunno:

I've been on HF for almost 20 years and this was the first time I can ever remember being on the Hawks or CBJ board here on HF.

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Just read a bit of the Hawks draft thread and they seem to want Demidov very badly. If the Hawks go with Levshunov there might be a bit of an angry mob over there on draft night.

Also saw this in the draft thread on the CBJ board. Do the Jackets need more wingers though? :dunno:

I've been on HF for almost 20 years and this was the first time I can ever remember being on the Hawks or CBJ board here on HF.
LOL you are the scout for HF habs

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
With the 5th OA pick, the montreal canadiens are proud to select :

1- Demidov
2- Dickinson or BUIUM
3- Lindstrom

IMO, if Demidov is off the board and one of BUIUM or DICKINSON is still available, you can't take a forward.

Hughes and Gorton are paid millions to be good asset managers. So, we need to take the best player available no matter what.

If we take Dickinson, Guhle becomes irrelevant.

Though we need an elite forward and I'm not sure Zegras, Necas or Laine are what we need.
Iginla or Buuim.

Was just wondering what the fans from these teams were saying about who they'd like their respective teams to pick.

Might try and find my way over to the Ducks board sometime later. Don't think I've ever been on the Ducks board here before either. :)
It's a very small, select group.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I've been reading this thread on and off for the past 3 weeks as I'm vacationing in Tunisia and I came to the conclusion - the Habs want none of any of these players as they're all extremely flawed and will bust in one way or another according to various posters in here.

Forfeit the pick. It's the only way.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
At this point I just want it over with, the suspense is killing me.

At least last year you knew it was Smith if he dropped (we knew it was unlikely), Michkov or Reinbacher. You had the odd guy pushing for Leonard.

This year it can be

Levshunov (if he falls, unlikely)
Lindstrom
Demidov
Iginla
Sennecke
Buium
Dickinson

And then you have a guy like Catton who likely isn’t in the conversation, but IMO definitely deserves to be.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Are we the only fanbase that ranks Tij Iginla so highly? Not saying this to criticize Iggy 2, but I am just curious.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
My top 26 in order of preference as to who I would pick if I was GM.

Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom
Levshunov
Dickinson
Silayev
Buium
Iginla
Sennecke
Eiserman

Helenius
Catton
Parekh
Yakemchuk
Connolly
Greentree
Brandsegg-Nygard
Hage
Chernyshov
Jiricek

Solberg
Surin
Luchenko
Hemming
Boisvert
Beaudoin

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Are we the only fanbase that ranks Tij Iginla so highly? Not saying this to criticize Iggy 2, but I am just curious.
No. After Celebrini, there are about 10 players who could legitimately go in that #5 range. It all depends on teams preferences. Scott Wheeler did a poll and most teams have Yakemchuk as their #6 dman but several have him higher. Dickinson was anywhere from 1-6 for D in this draft.

Some teams would have Iggy in their top 5 overall. Demidov/Silayev were 2 and 3 in Bobby Mac's last poll of scouts but the Russian factor is always lurking in the back of teams minds. Are teams concerned about Lindstrom's herniated disk? This will certainly be one of the more interesting drafts in recent years.

Last edited:

B1g B1rd

Habs Best Def of all times
May 21, 2018
So... I see Iginla is falling in the pool's thread... Under 50% now.
I voted Iginla... But only if Lindstrom and Demidov are gone.
But now I dont know... Hernia is pretty bad and he's had sciatica as well... I know the drift. I have it. Yes you can recover but it can be back in a heartbeat. One wrong move... Bang.
So here's my top 5 for the Glorieux, without Lindstrom but with a center which I think we need more than anything else.
- Demidov
- Catton
- Iginla
- Sennecke
- Parekh (I dont want LD... We're already full at that position. Why complicate things even more?). I'd take oldie Lev but I believe he be gone at 5.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
This board has batted around every possibility
Time to get the picked announced.
Good scouting from all you posters, video's , comments
We are sweating this pick pretty hard, and that’s fairly easy to understand. This might be our last “high” pick and we have to make it count.

Next season we get what, 9 to 13th pick? My guess is as good as any other but we won’t get this chance. So this is “it” in terms of having control and choosing between high floor prospects. Plus, very interchangeable picks between 4 and 11… so this place is a zoo. I’m no different :laugh:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Not only do they want him badly they keep taking shots at the Habs and us fans. I wanna smuggly troll them until I'm nearly banned if they pass and we get Demidov.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Well at least we know that
we are DEFINITELY picking 1 of Demidov or Lindstrom!

...or Iggy

...or Sennecke

...or Dickinson

...or Buium or Parekh
tiredboss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad