HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
My top 10 in order of preference for the Canadiens;

Impossible:
1. Celebrini
---
Would run naked in the street;
2. Levshunov
3. Demidov/Lindstrom
4. Demidov/Lindstrom
---
Would consider running naked in the street;
5. Iginla
6. Dickinson
---
Fairly happy;
7. Catton
8. Buium/Parekh
9. Buium/Parekh
---
Looking forward to see how it turns out;
10. Silayev

Anything outside of these 10 I'd be disappointed.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
don't even know how many times this year I saw Matheson totally ignore a wide open Slafkovsky set up for a one timer to take a totally unforced point shot with no lane open that was subsequently blocked.
Yes, there were certainly some ill-advised shots that were blocked…. but also, there was a long stretch after Suzuki was moved to left dot and Slaf to right dot that everything went through Suzuki. If there was a failed play, they’d reset back to Suzuki. If Matheson got the puck he was moving it to Suzuki.

Later on they opened things up and Matheson started looking for Slaf. Might have coincided with Slaf’s progress with Dr Shot. ;)

Agree with most of what you’re saying tho. He’s more skills than brain.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Who had the better draft year and why?

Owen Power or Zeev Buium?

Power was certainly more highly regarded than Buium in their respective draft years.....people dumping on Power are the same ones who would have dumped on Hedman.

Comparing draft years from a purely statistical perspective is an egregiously flawed methodology as there are too many aspects of the game that do not correlate at different levels of play especially for dmen.

I like Power a lot and I like Buium a lot but Power is the clear winner if Buium had the season that he had this year in Power's draft year as Power's upside as a 6'6" fluid skating two way monster is just too tantalizing.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Bobrov trying to convince Lapointe...

8uihcz.jpg

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
I don't know man, personally the thought of having Buium/Hutson on the ice for 40+min/game should be a f***ing nightmare for the opposition.

These guy are insane puck mover, transition player especially surrounded by dman like Reinbacher and Guhle.

Buium - Reinbacher
Hutson - Guhle

There is no one irrelevant here and its exciting as f***.
I like the idea!

In fact, you're damn right.

Let's move Mailloux and play Guhle on the right side.

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Laine - Dach - Necas
Roy - Beck - Newhook

Buium - Reinbacher
Hutson - Guhle

I have a dream..

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaynki

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I don't know man, personally the thought of having Buium/Hutson on the ice for 40+min/game should be a f***ing nightmare for the opposition.

These guy are insane puck mover, transition player especially surrounded by dman like Reinbacher and Guhle.

Buium - Reinbacher
Hutson - Guhle

There is no one irrelevant here and its exciting as f***.

Replace Buium by Mailloux and it looks as exciting

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
My top 10 in order of preference for the Canadiens;

Impossible:
1. Celebrini
---
Would run naked in the street;
2. Levshunov
3. Demidov/Lindstrom
4. Demidov/Lindstrom
---
Would consider running naked in the street;
5. Iginla
6. Dickinson
---
Fairly happy;
7. Catton
8. Buium/Parekh
9. Buium/Parekh
---
Looking forward to see how it turns out;
10. Silayev

Anything outside of these 10 I'd be disappointed.
So no gradation between considering running naked in the streets and fairly happy??

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
So no gradation between considering running naked in the streets and fairly happy??

Nah. I guess a middle ground would have been "running in the street half-naked", but I'm a go big or go home kind of guy 😎

He's saying the habs list is down to
1. Demidov
2. Lindstrom
3. Buium/Sennecke

Iginla is out of the race

Well three of those four options are fine with me. But preferable Demidov makes it to 5.

Reactions: Rockomax and Rozz

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Well, lets just add another layer then...

Buium - Reinbacher
Hutson - Guhle
Xhekaj - Mailloux

If Mailloux is a legit top 4 D, then its a waste to have him on the bottom pairing. The habs would be much better off trading him for a forward than having him on the bottom pairing long term.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Power was certainly more highly regarded than Buium in their respective draft years.....people dumping on Power are the same ones who would have dumped on Hedman.

Comparing draft years from a purely statistical perspective is an egregiously flawed methodology as there are too many aspects of the game that do not correlate at different levels of play especially for dmen.

I like Power a lot and I like Buium a lot but Power is the clear winner if Buium had the season that he had this year in Power's draft year as Power's upside as a 6'6" fluid skating two way monster is just too tantalizing.

Fair enough.

I think Buium has an edge more than just from a pure statistical perspective.

Power as a 6ft6 fluid monster certainly had tantalizing upside.

But much like the Sabres have drafted Power despite having Dahlin and Samuelsson (lol)? Or when they traded for Byram despite having Power, Dahlin and Samuelsson

Should the Habs skip on Buium and settle for a lesser prospect at F?

Guhle on his off side, not enough PP minutes to go around for all of them nor enough minutes for all of them 5 on 5.

Seems like a good problem to have

If Mailloux is a legit top 4 D, then its a waste to have him on the bottom pairing. The habs would be much better off trading him for a forward than having him on the bottom pairing long term.

Agree

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Who had the best year in the NCAA or who was the best prospect ?

I think Power has/had better tools and might have been perceived has with more development potential.

I think from any concrete measurement of performance, Buium had an edge.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad