HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Assuming all of these players are available when the Habs pick, how would you rank these combinations?

Demidov + Reinbacher
Lindstrom + Reinbacher
Michkov + Levshunov
Michkov + Parekh

Personally, I prefer the first ones with Reinbacher.

No matter how you slice it, 1 & 2 is likely better than 3 & 4.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This is one of those years where I probably won't feel confident about making any predictions until I see the final McKenzie list. I see so many different scenarios unfolding right now and that was before the Wadell to Columbus thing. The combine didn't help ease my confusion at all :help:

Reactions: Sorinth and Redux91

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Calgary is a wild card. If Lindstrom goes top 3 and they think we might take Iginla I could see them swapping with Columbus. Would mean Demidov would be available at our pick.
How are Cgy going to swap 9OA for 4OA? When was the last time a team moved down or even traded a top-5 pick?

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Lots of momentum in here for Dickinson over the last week based on a strong 3rd period in a Memorial Cup final game that London lost but were heavily favoured to win.

Not much talk on how Dickinson was asleep throughout the 1st period when London couldn't get the puck out of their zone or how he got turned inside out in the neutral zone in the 2nd period on Saginaw's 3rd goal. He was also on the ice when the winner was scored with 21 seconds left.

This is the story of Dickinson. Very talented with terrific tools (what a skater!) and size but also very inconsistent (falls asleep often) and not physical.

Unlike what many others have been saying, I don't see it as a crime if we leave him on the draft board and take the best forward available. Like every player in this draft with the exception of Celebrini, Dickinson has question marks and could go anywhere in the top 10.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
I was wondering whats up with Dickinson

just figured out

hes channeling pronger

1717940327224.png

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Dickinson, Silayev or Buium may be too much to resist. Buium may turn out to be the gem of the entire draft
After Demidov, I love all 3 of those you mentioned: Dickinsion, Buium and Silayev. Each can bring such an impact to our group.

- Dickinson is the calm, poised, fast reliable minute crunching defenseman with likely leadership qualities in the future.
- Zeev Buium is a winner. All he does is win. He has room to grow but is by far the most dynamic and exciting of the defenseman available and is just so dominant.
- Anton Silayev is a unicorn. Just more of a risky pick, but if it pays off, he will be a tremendous asset in the playoffs for us in the future.

I don't think we can go wrong with any of those 3 and Demidov.

1. Celebrini
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. Demidov/Dickinson/Buium/Silayev

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrei79

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Lots of momentum in here for Dickinson over the last week based on a strong 3rd period in a Memorial Cup final game that London lost but were heavily favoured to win.

Not much talk on how Dickinson was asleep throughout the 1st period when London couldn't get the puck out of their zone or how he got turned inside out in the neutral zone in the 2nd period on Saginaw's 3rd goal. He was also on the ice when the winner was scored with 21 seconds left.

This is the story of Dickinson. Very talented with terrific tools (what a skater!) and size but also very inconsistent (falls asleep often) and not physical.

Unlike what many others have been saying, I don't see it as a crime if we leave him on the draft board and take the best forward available. Like every player in this draft with the exception of Celebrini, Dickinson has question marks and could go anywhere in the top 10.

I don't think its just his memorial cup although there was a lot of eyes on him there.

Its the overall profile but also the fact that he is a member of the London Knight which is probably the best organisation in the CHL and so many great NHLers have come from this organisation. This teams actually operate like a real professional team.

Dickinson is such an obvious easy pick.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Hypothetical question: Demidov is gone and Dickinson is still there at 5. Say Utah likes him. Would you do a pick swap (5 for 6) + Connor Geekie? Montreal ends up with with Geekie + 6 and Utah gets 5.

Last edited:

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Hypothetical question: Demidov is gone and Dickinson is still there at 5. Say Utah likes him. Would you do a pick swap (5 for 7) + Connor Geekie? Montreal ends up with with Geekie + 7 and Utah gets 5.
You mean Utah has the 6th overall pick
Our 5th for Utah's 6th + Geekie?

That's a no brainer for me. I would pick Buium or Silayev and have Geekie

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I am all in for a d at 5 : Dickinson or Buium.

However if it's the case we should trade either Matheson or Arber for example to have an other pick in the Top 11.

So NJ at 10th or Buffalo at 11th and we draft one of those 3: Sennecke, Catton or Iginla.

That would be an awesome draft !!
Neither team would want either of those players. And no team would trade that much for either.

Reactions: salbutera

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I don't think its just his memorial cup although there was a lot of eyes on him there.

Its the overall profile but also the fact that he is a member of the London Knight which is probably the best organisation in the CHL and so many great NHLers have come from this organisation. This teams actually operate like a real professional team.

Dickinson is such an obvious easy pick.
All I'm saying is there wasn't nearly as much top 5 talk around here for him before the Memorial Cup. The same question marks in his play are still there and if he was such an "obvious easy pick", he'd be top 3. He's in that same tier as so many in this draft who could go anywhere from 2-10. Lots of strengths but some question marks too.

Reactions: Jaynki and Garnet76

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Eiserman & Helenius not getting much buzz it seems. I think both will end up being good players.
I find the lack of real buzz around Helenius reminds me of Dvorsky last year. Another really solid overall center

How are Cgy going to swap 9OA for 4OA? When was the last time a team moved down or even traded a top-5 pick?
Probably when Ottawa and Colorado traded around Duchesne I think. But it wasn’t a draft day trade.

Reactions: WinterLion

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I find the lack of real buzz around Helenius reminds me of Dvorsky last year. Another really solid overall center

Probably when Ottawa and Colorado traded around Duchesne I think. But it wasn’t a draft day trade.
Didn’t that trade happen in Nov (start of the season?). Sens we’re going for it, no one anticipated how it would actually end up w a bottom feeder iirc

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Basu just dropped an article, he guesses they would go Lindstrom over Demidov if both available. And a D is very possible if both are gone.

In the unlikely event both of them survive through the first four picks, I would guess (and it is just that, a guess) that the Canadiens would lean toward taking Lindstrom (more on that in a bit). If just one of Lindstrom or Demidov is available at No. 5, that makes the decision somewhat easier for the Canadiens.

But in the equally unlikely event that neither of them is available, I think the Canadiens would lean toward taking a defenceman. And I don’t think they would trade down later in the top 10 to recoup an asset and take one of the top wingers available in either Tij Iginla or Beckett Sennecke, because they view the No. 5 pick as an opportunity to add a significant piece in their rebuild, and trading down would lessen the likelihood that player is a significant piece.

He goes on to mention they like Buium and Parekh a lot! No mention of Dickinson. Maybe we can kill the Iginla and Sennecke debates and start up the Buium vs. Parekh ones.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Basu just dropped an article, he guesses they would go Lindstrom over Demidov if both available. And a D is very possible if both are gone.

He goes on to mention they like Buium and Parekh a lot! No mention of Dickinson. Maybe we can kill the Iginla and Sennecke debates and start up the Buium vs. Parekh ones.
Nobody know for sure in my view.

Very few thought they would go with Slaf and Reinbacher

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

I think we can throw away Basu's articles as predictors at this point, at least until draft week. None of his articles follow any branches of continuity, which is probably the goal for (insert conspiracy theory here).

Reactions: Runner77

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Basu said Lindstrom before Demidov and i’m damn happy about it.

And if we go D, better be Dickinson.

Reactions: bcv

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Didn’t that trade happen in Nov (start of the season?). Sens we’re going for it, no one anticipated how it would actually end up w a bottom feeder iirc
I think you’re right man. As I said, it wasn’t draft day trade, but it’s the last time a top five was traded( although not known to be top five at the time). I feel like it’s been close to 20 years since we’ve seen a known top five pick traded. There were the Sdin pick trades and possibly 03 with Fleury? Not sure

Basu said Lindstrom before Demidov and i’m damn happy about it.

And if we go D, better be Dickinson.
After that memorial cup and now his combine testing, I have a feeling Dickinson will go top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad