HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Reporting back from mount Olympus. Zeus didn't smite me, therefore we're getting Demidov*.​

olympus.png

*: My legs are jelly. Blame the Greek gods if it doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Nygard has certainly not gone unnoticed at the Combine. He may be hardly mentioned here but where it counts, he has to be favorably appearing on most teams’ lists.

So I just listened to the podcast StevenIves was on and what he's saying about Nygard and why he places him so high is.

1. He does more Little things to win a hockey game then any 18 year old

2. He played in the 2nd best Swedish league but didn't put up big numbers which is why he's ranked in the lower teens but in international play he was phenomenal

3. Best Defensive Winger in the entire draft. He's so good that that when he moved up into the Swedish men's league later in the season the coach trusted him enough to play at center. That rarely happens for a an 18 year old in the top men's league in Sweden. and when he played center he did really well.

4. Big, physical one of the fastest forwards in the draft

5 He's so versatile that he could potentially be used up and down the lineup in different situations and succeed

6. Elite level shot, Elite IQ and likes to go to the net where most goals are scored in the NHL

7. All purpose player

8. His player comparison is which is pretty lofty but he thinks he can do it is "Faster Mark Stone"
------

So basically he's not a potential 80-100 pt player like some in the draft but he'll give you 60pts while making sure his team doesn't get scored on while he's on the ice.

A player like that can me way more valuable in tough games and in the playoffs.

Here's the podcast he was on where he goes through his rankings and talks about them in depth.

Reactions: Troyp

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
McCagg and co with the sick podcast did a mock draft. Grant took Sennecke at 5. Demidov was gone, so it was between him and Lindstrom.

Says he talks to a coach I believe he said of Sennecke and said he is at 6'4
Did that twice before got burnt hard. Kotkaniemi and Kostitsyn. Costs us Tkachuk and Parise. Probably 3-4 cups also. We had good teams in '06, '10, '14, '21.

Taking a guy rated way back based on good 2 months. I say again, Like I said then on here, I seen Brian Savage played like Coco Lemaire for 2 months. But it doesn't make him Lemaire. You want to learn through your mistakes. Base your draft on long term play.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Demidov was a pipe dream for the longest time

No it actually feels... possible?

I felt better when I didn't see the Ducks beat writers say they can't ignore Lindstrom. If Chicsgo goes Lev and they go Lindstrom, CBJ only took out forwards so they might go Demidov.

We really need that second D to go so hopefully Dickinson or Silayev is too much cat nip to one of those teams.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Demidov was a pipe dream for the longest time

No it actually feels... possible?
I think he's falling/dropping. The question is if he's another Michkov case where if you put externalities aside he is a top2 pick but with other prospects being just-as-good and his externalities (can't participate in combine, etc.) he drops a bit... or if he's going to drop because he's de-prioritised by teams because they think other players are better. To be seen.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Calgary is a wild card. If Lindstrom goes top 3 and they think we might take Iginla I could see them swapping with Columbus. Would mean Demidov would be available at our pick.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I tried FC Hockey's draft simulator with their final rankings updated ( I only did 3 rounds). Here is who I got:

5- Cayden Lindstrom (C)- 6 foot 3
26- Sacha Boisvert (C)- 6 foot 2
57- Julius Miettinen (C) - 6 foot 3
70- Justin Poirier (RW) (couldn't let him slip any farther)- 5 foot 7
78- Luca Marrelli (D)- 6 foot 2

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I tried FC Hockey's draft simulator with their final rankings updated ( I only did 3 rounds). Here is who I got:

Ugh, okay. One midget is fine I guess.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

Ugh, okay. One midget is fine I guess.
Three players under 6'3" ??

Cmon, we're not running Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory. 6'3" is the minimum, try to aim for 6'7".

• Love
Reactions: LesHabitants

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I think he's falling/dropping. The question is if he's another Michkov case where if you put externalities aside he is a top2 pick but with other prospects being just-as-good and his externalities (can't participate in combine, etc.) he drops a bit... or if he's going to drop because he's de-prioritised by teams because they think other players are better. To be seen.
People have Demidov ranked #2 to #6 and he will be taken in that range unless his knee injuries are too concerning.

And Demidov will be at a combine organized by his agent later this month, so him not being at this one is meaningless.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I felt better when I didn't see the Ducks beat writers say they can't ignore Lindstrom. If Chicsgo goes Lev and they go Lindstrom, CBJ only took out forwards so they might go Demidov.

We really need that second D to go so hopefully Dickinson or Silayev is too much cat nip to one of those teams.

Well if Dickinson is the guy we get at 5, be it.

The 5th overall pick is the easiest way to add forward talent but will we really spite on a 6ft3, terrific athlete, potential 1D, product from the great London Knight?

There is no scenario where we lose.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site

Dickinson, Silayev or Buium may be too much to resist. Buium may turn out to be the gem of the entire draft

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I am all in for a d at 5 : Dickinson or Buium.

However if it's the case we should trade either Matheson or Arber for example to have an other pick in the Top 11.

So NJ at 10th or Buffalo at 11th and we draft one of those 3: Sennecke, Catton or Iginla.

That would be an awesome draft !!

Reactions: atrud66

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Assuming all of these players are available when the Habs pick, how would you rank these combinations?

Demidov + Reinbacher
Lindstrom + Reinbacher
Michkov + Levshunov
Michkov + Parekh

Personally, I prefer the first ones with Reinbacher.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Assuming all of these players are available when the Habs pick, how would you rank these combinations?

Demidov + Reinbacher
Lindstrom + Reinbacher
Michkov + Levshunov
Michkov + Parekh

Personally, I prefer the first ones with Reinbacher.

Same

Dickinson and Reinbacher is also a cup contender first pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad