HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I want one of Nathan Villeneuve or Carson Wetsch.

One of them with Beck, Florian and Tuch will be good mix of skill and grit to our futur bottom 6.
I like the Nathan Villeneuve love. He's got a nasty side to him and skill to go along with it. He progressed well throughout the year on a deep forward group for the Wolves and I'm expecting a big breakout offensively next year in the OHL.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I like the Nathan Villeneuve love. He's got a nasty side to him and skill to go along with it. He progressed well throughout the year on a deep forward group for the Wolves and I'm expecting a big breakout offensively next year in the OHL.

I really love him. Perfect bottom 6 players that every cup teams needs.

And he’s got one of these « hockey agitator face ».

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Plus "Dog the Bounty Hunter" would be a wicked nickname

• Haha
Reactions: badfish

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
I also have the feeling that if Levshunov Lindstrom and Demidov are gone they will pick Dickinson.

And probably will try to get into the mid teens somehow and grab a good forward among the ones left.

I'd be happy with this outcome if it happens.

Reactions: Shred

Matteus

May 11, 2009
Demidov was taken by Chicago in the mock draft scenario. Lindstrom still on board.

But i don't think the habs pass on Lindstrom if he's still there, i would be surprised he's too much of what they like in a player. Sennecke screams everything they like too.
I also feel they might have Lindstrom higher on their list.

Reactions: jaffy27

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Pretty sure ANA (or MTL) would jump and thank the heavens if they could take Dickinson.

I would be very surprised if he is available at 5 but if he is, its a no brainer.

Legitimate potential 1D with his profile are 10M players. He is in my opinion a better prospects than anyone in our d-corps not named Hutson. Dont care how good our defenseman pools look like, he would be top of the chain and an overall big improvement.

Demidov was taken by Chicago in the mock draft scenario. Lindstrom still on board.

But i don't think the habs pass on Lindstrom if he's still there, i would be surprised he's too much of what they like in a player. Sennecke screams everything they like too.

I dont think they pass on Lindstrom too, depending on the injury.

We can talk about his linemates and his high shooting percentage.

Potential 1C, oversized, very athletic, paced for 50+ goals in his DY, mean physical presence.

Those are top 3 pick profile in any given year.

Its a gift at 5. Or a poison pill. Depends of the injury.

Reactions: bopeep and ReHabs

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
1717767752790.png

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

Potential 1C, oversized, very athletic, paced for 50+ goals in his DY, mean physical presence.

I asked around, it's safe to say he's inferior to Leo Carlsson as a prospect. If that's the case, I don't think he's a top3 pick in any given year. There are too many good prospects around to make such claims.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I know we have a huge volume of prospects and early round picks and we need to prioritize quality picks but holy smokes it would be interesting to know what kind of offers we'll get at #5 from teams who want to jump up to grab one of the D.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Pretty sure ANA (or MTL) would jump and thank the heavens if they could take Dickinson.
I cannot envision a scenario where I feel disappointed after our pick.

Demidov, Lindstrom and even Sennecke

Dickinson, Lev

It’s a massive win no matter how you look at it…..obviously a grand slam with Demidov but anyone else on my list and I’m cracking open my Yamazaki 12yr old whiskey.

I may even shed a tear lol

If Demidov and Lindstrom are gone and Dickinson is available then yes he should be the pick.

Passing on a top dman to draft a lesser winger would be a draft crime. It's easy to trade for top 6 wingers in the NHL when you need one.
Correct, #1 D usually get locked up for 8yrs

Reactions: Runner77

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I would be very surprised if he is available at 5 but if he is, its a no brainer.

Legitimate potential 1D with his profile are 10M players. He is in my opinion a better prospects than anyone in our d-corps not named Hutson. Dont care how good our defenseman pools look like, he would be top of the chain and an overall big improvement.

Was he on a hot streak his first 30 games?

Does he look dominant because he’s much stronger than anyone else?

Things teams has to analyze and project.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I cannot envision a scenario where I feel disappointed after our pick.
This year seems most fun because of how wide open the draft is after 2. It'll go Celebrini, Lev/Dickinson, and then it's open.

I wasn't even that disappointed with Reinbacher (and posted as much on HFBoards during and after the draft). I was personally disappointed because I wanted a high-octane forward prospect Michkov or Benson but Reinbacher himself was a valid, if boring, pick. His D+1 being a dog's breakfast puts a damper on things but he's going to be in Laval next year and likely get back on track.

The only prospects in 2024 that give me doubts (but not enough to dislike if we drafted them) are Silayev, Lindstrom, and Sennecke but as can be seen in the Slafkovsky case I have no idea how to judge hockey IQ so I'm gonna keep mum and only talk about good things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad