HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Levhsunov.jpg

Poor Levshunov. A Hairline so bad the scouts think you're lying about your age

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Think he said trade up to 4, swap picks with Columbus.

No Dickinson talk but Lev been talking to Chicago and Silayev stock is skyrocketing, won’t get past Columbus.

Convinced….no….he said Habs WANT Demidov if he and Lindstrom still there.

50% chance Kakko with Habs

Thinks Ylonen and Dvorak are gonzo

Hutson and Roy start season with Habs….lots of interesting stuff.
I thought that they asked him if Columbus would trade back since we don’t know if they want a forward or not. I think he said it was unlikely and mentioned Anaheim. Maybe I misheard. Either way, he thinks Demidov is who they want.

Reactions: jaffy27

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
First of all, i haven’t seen a complete game from Demidov, but i saw probably all of his highlights packages on youtbe there is. Personnally, i’m not convinced that much his game will translate that much in NA and in the NHL. He wont be doing circle against weak competition here or going against 3 defenders at the same time and coming out with the puck.

What makes you think otherwise? Sell me the kid because im not sold yet.

No other Russian has ever done what he did last year in that league. He’s basically the greatest russian prospect of all time at this point in time.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
RE: Catton the thing I keep coming back to is that these types of players always seem to be available later than we think. In 2019 online fans wanted Caufield at 5-10 and he went to us at 15. Last year we debated Benson at 5 and he went at 13. This year we're debating Catton at 5 and he's being projected in the 8-13 range. Just seems like those small/smallish wingers who don't quite have superstar upside always fall as the bad teams picking high usually have to focus on drafting cornerstone C & D with size and can't justify a small winger unless it's a Marner level of talent.

I wouldn't be upset if Catton ends up being our pick, but I think we're better off sticking to a forward with size given we'd have a good shot at the 2025 draft's rough equivalent to Catton/Benson/Caufield in the 10-15 range next year.
Why are you justifying NHL management's stupidity? Cole and Benson should've both went much higher than they did.

There's now way in hell this dude is a teenager.
I'll link a Pic of me at 18, some of us peak early testosterone wise.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Why are you justifying NHL management's stupidity? Cole and Benson should've both went much higher than they did.

I'll link a Pic of me at 18, some of us peak early testosterone wise.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda . . . They didn’t go higher. You can think they’re dumb . . . they run hockey teams, you don’t. Life’s not fair. I can easily see see Catton falling out of the top 15.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Catton is better than Caufield and Newhook at the same age

We draft him and we can trade one of the others in 2 years.

Dont Be too confident that we will not draft him....cause I red in 2018 that we will not draft kk and last year with Reinbacher.

Catton is rhe most talented forward except Celebrini and Demidov...and we need talent to win the cup.

Plenty of hall of fame players who won the Cup were at 5.11 175 pounds at 18 years old
I like Catton. I just wish he was one half of a one-two Top 15 punch. I see a successful NHL career ahead for him.
No projections, numbers or comparisons, but I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t deliver.

Reactions: ReHabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad