Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Kiviharju out for 4 months after sustaining a surgery-requiring injury in practice. Would be quite the steal if he somehow fell to the Habs 2nd round pick

That will hurt a lot. There was already questions about him last year and with that injury it could be pretty hard to stay at the top of the draft.

I’m not his biggest fan and hope they will look elsewhere. We need talent up front and there’s better talents on defense than him.

Fuonki

Jan 2, 2020
That will hurt a lot. There was already questions about him last year and with that injury it could be pretty hard to stay at the top of the draft.

I’m not his biggest fan and hope they will look elsewhere. We need talent up front and there’s better talents on defense than him.
I wouldn't want the Habs to pick Kiviharju with a top 20 pick for certain either, but after that the value becomes quite hard to match in my opinion. Physically he's clearly still extremely raw but the superb hockey IQ and puck skills are clearly there.

Reactions: MadMslm

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I wouldn't want the Habs to pick Kiviharju with a top 20 pick for certain either, but after that the value becomes quite hard to match in my opinion. Physically he's clearly still extremely raw but the superb hockey IQ and puck skills are clearly there.

Sure, depending where he lands on the board there could be some value.

There’s so much time until the draft a lot of things might change.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would expect the Habs to draft a lot of high upside offensive forwards in this class. Don't think they'll bother with Kiviharju at all.

Nor do I think they should, he has the profile of someone he plateaued early and there's no physical gifts coming to help him out.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
What about Cayden Lindstrom? Seems like a big man with skills with good skating!

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I would expect the Habs to draft a lot of high upside offensive forwards in this class. Don't think they'll bother with Kiviharju at all.

Nor do I think they should, he has the profile of someone he plateaued early and there's no physical gifts coming to help him out.
You would f'n hope so!

Reactions: Redux91 and atrud66

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Pretty sure we are lining up to trade Harris for a forward as well.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Screenshot_20231004_211742_Brave.jpg

Can you imagine if the WHL finished a season like that ? Just points wise ?

• Wow
Reactions: MasterMatt25

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Pretty sure we are lining up to trade Harris for a forward as well.

I think ARI would make good trade partners. They have Keller Schmaltz Crouse as veterans, which I don t see them trade at this point Maccelli Hayton playing better and better, Cooley Geekie Guenther Butt (Doan McBain to a lesser extent) coming up, i.e. a loaded forward pool while MTL has a loaded defensive pool (which ARI does not).

Reactions: ElQuebecois

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I think ARI would make good trade partners. They have Keller Schmaltz Crouse as veterans, which I don t see them trade at this point Maccelli Hayton playing better and better, Cooley Geekie Guenther Butt (Doan McBain to a lesser extent) coming up, i.e. a loaded forward pool while MTL has a loaded defensive pool (which ARI does not).
Tend to be more teams like Buffalo and NJD that are in the playoffs about to want to go further or about to enter the playoffs. ARI is rebuilding, they don't have a trading pressure per say and I'm not sure what would interest us outside of Cooley.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Tend to be more teams like Buffalo and NJD that are in the playoffs about to want to go further or about to enter the playoffs. ARI is rebuilding, they don't have a trading pressure per say and I'm not sure what would interest us outside of Cooley.
I agree BUF and NJD make more sense in terms of team status. That being said I don't see any interesting forward in NJD, while BUF has Kulich Benson Savoie but don't see them trading those players.
I wondered if a trade for Guenther or Hayton would make sense in ARI. (I d hate trading a D for a winger but the pool is so asymmetric in MTL that I think it will come down to it)

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I watched the first 2 periods of PG vs Kelowna the other night and Parascak did look dangerous despite no points, his line had a lot scoring chances.

The announcers talked about him a lot and treated him with the same respect as Heidt and Ziemmer (who was making his 1st game back). They said he was one of the all time leading scorers in the CSSHL too.

I didn't watch the following game but they smoked Kelowna 8-1 and he had a couple goals. I think he is up to 3 SH goals on the seasons as well

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I hope we find a way to get a 20s area 1st from whoever we sell this year because Sacha Boisvert is off to an interesting start. Feet aren't the greatest but he's got so much skill for a big guy and has already made some insane goals this season.

USHL is a good league this year prospect wise.. I like Hagen there as a first round candidate too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad