2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
22 days til the draft!!!

#2-Artyum Levshunov, d
#18-Trevor Connolly, f
#34-Henry Mews, d
#50-Julius Miettinen, f
#67-Justin Poirier, f
#72-Mason Zebeski, f
#138-John Parsons, g
#163-Stepan Gorbunov, f

Fun list, possible?
This i what I would call a worse case scenerio for the first round picks. Ignore the glaring need at forward with the #2, then bring in an alleged locker room cancer with the 2nd 1st rounder.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
This i what I would call a worse case scenerio for the first round picks. Ignore the glaring need at forward with the #2, then bring in an alleged locker room cancer with the 2nd 1st rounder.

They have a glaring need at RHD too let's not get it twisted. But agreed that would be terrible. I'll bet my house and yours though the Hawks likely have Connolly on their DND list. I doubt they're interested in Mews either cuz of his size.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
22 days til the draft!!!

#2-Artyum Levshunov, d
#18-Trevor Connolly, f
#34-Henry Mews, d
#50-Julius Miettinen, f
#67-Justin Poirier, f
#72-Mason Zebeski, f
#138-John Parsons, g
#163-Stepan Gorbunov, f

Fun list, possible?
Justin Poirier --is a Very high upside/low risk pick.... Kid screams 2nd coming of Debrincat

Some nasty- silly- ability of sniping High quality shots thru and around D players... basically using them as screens--yet great accuracy on net. It will be interesting to see where he falls to in draft.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Demodov and Silayev not at the combine at all.. not even for interviews.

Cannot look them in the eye...

In the case of Demidov there will therefore be no medical examination as all the conbine participants will go through ...thisvisxdone by NHL hired doctors not each team's doctors...but on Denmdov's knew health you will have to trust what his agent tells them that in 6-8 weeks he will becalk A-ok..

Woukdcyou trust thecwirdvof hisxagent over actual non-fabricated proper medical exams by NHL hard doctors?

I f get "damaged goods" you get a wasted very high draft pick.

If I was KD I woukd not risk it ..too much secrecy in dealing with Russian agents and even if they give you "their" medical repirt o the kid how can you trust them not to have covered up sonethobg bad.

Maybe a team drafting 7tb or 8th or later might risk it...but a team drafting 2nd without 100% assurance from a trusted medical examination should NOT just take the word of his agent and should be suspicious of any medical repirt documents he submits from doctors i Rusdia ...butcso far the agent has only given verbal assurance without ut documents backing it up.

I do not think JD will take su ch a risk.

As for Lindstrom all teams will ve getting his examination reports from the doctors the NHL hired to do the examobations at the combine(the medical examinatiions were conducted yeserday) ..so if the examination of Lindstrom came out positive them this will re-assure team's thinking of drafting him.
Thus Lindstrom and Demidov are in 2 very different risk levels...o nexwherevyou know a lot about a oro species medical status vs. One you areci the dark on.

yes they know he came back from his 1st knee injury and starred and got even better ...but 2 injuries ontge same knee is at least concerning and now involves a mystery as to the extent and prognosis for full recovery...all you can rely on is his agent's words that he will make full recovery.

Can you trust his agent to be honest about what he is telling thecteans or wo ukd you be very suspicious?

Do not know howxHawks asses such a risk?

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Demodov and Silayev not at the combine at all.. not even for interviews.

Cannot look them in the eye...

In the case of Demidov there will therefore be no medical examination as all the conbine participants will go through ...thisvisxdone by NHL hired doctors not each team's doctors...but on Denmdov's knew health you will have to trust what his agent tells them that in 6-8 weeks he will becalk A-ok..

Woukdcyou trust thecwirdvof hisxagent over actual non-fabricated proper medical exams by NHL hard doctors?

I f get "damaged goods" you get a wasted very high draft pick.

If I was KD I woukd not risk it ..too much secrecy in dealing with Russian agents and even if they give you "their" medical repirt o the kid how can you trust them not to have covered up sonethobg bad.

Maybe a team drafting 7tb or 8th or later might risk it...but a team drafting 2nd without 100% assurance from a trusted medical examination should NOT just take the word of his agent and should be suspicious of any medical repirt documents he submits from doctors i Rusdia ...butcso far the agent has only given verbal assurance without ut documents backing it up.

I do not think JD will take su ch a risk.

As for Lindstrom all teams will ve getting his examination reports from the doctors the NHL hired to do the examobations at the combine(the medical examinatiions were conducted yeserday) ..so if the examination of Lindstrom came out positive them this will re-assure team's thinking of drafting him.
Thus Lindstrom and Demidov are in 2 very different risk levels...o nexwherevyou know a lot about a oro species medical status vs. One you areci the dark on.

yes they know he came back from his 1st knee injury and starred and got even better ...but 2 injuries ontge same knee is at least concerning and now involves a mystery as to the extent and prognosis for full recovery...all you can rely on is his agent's words that he will make full recovery.

Can you trust his agent to be honest about what he is telling thecteans or wo ukd you be very suspicious?

Do not know howxHawks asses such a risk?
they are having a dan Milstein pro day in FL in a week or 2 that both are expecting to attend.

Reactions: clydesdale line

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Habs fan, sorry to post on your board.

But a journalist from montreal, Anthony, spoke to Levshunov earlier today and that’s what he said

Levshunov felt a big interest from the blackhawks throughout the season. He told Anthony he spoke a lot with them.

Last edited:

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Thats interesting either way its good they did due diligence last year.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West

Elite Prospects opinion of the top 10.

So Demidov has mediocre speed, mediocre shot, and mediocre physical play but has elite passing, elite puck handling, and Hockey IQ....sounds like a huge boom or bust type player..I pass at #2...rather take Levshunov at #2 and move up high enough to try and snag one of Iginla, Catton, Sennecke, Brandsegg-Nygard

Reactions: kp61c

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym

But a journalist from montreal, Anthony, spoke to Levshunov earlier today and that’s what he said

Levshunov felt a big interest from the blackhawks throughout the season. He told Anthony he spoke a lot with them.

I assume the player rated very highly on boards who are probably very accessible for Chicago talked to a team that would always pick in the top 5 frequently! This doesn't change my perception that its still TBD.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017

This doesn't give us much of anything. Having said that, I'm already coming to terms that the Hawks are picking Levshunov after seeing Pronman mock him to us twice and McCegg hearing it from his sources. Demidov vs Levshunov career will be a story for years. Especially if one far succeeds the other

Reactions: belfour30

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
This doesn't give us much of anything. Having said that, I'm already coming to terms that the Hawks are picking Levshunov after seeing Pronman mock him to us twice and McCegg hearing it from his sources. Demidov vs Levshunov career will be a story for years. Especially if one far succeeds the other
Just to add a Montreal journalist getting it out of the player's side is just giving their fans what they want to hear. It's very possible Leshunov is our pick, but plenty of player have had great conversations with teams to ultimately not be their pick.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

That will be the case for Celebrini, Demidov, Silayev, Dickinson, etc as well.

The Blackhawks, all year, have been maintaining relationships with all the top prospects in the draft. That's their job.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Just to add a Montreal journalist getting it out of the player's side is just giving their fans what they want to hear. It's very possible Leshunov is our pick, but plenty of player have had great conversations with teams to ultimately not be their pick.
He is doing video interviews with many top kids this next days. It isn’t connected with the habs.

But yes, Levshunov speaking with Chicago through the year, doesn’t mean they will take him.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
IMG_0267.png

1717724163349.gif

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I'm pretty convinced they're going to take Levshunov and have been for a while.
I like him a lot, but I think that they need high end forwards more than D. Lev will be a fine pick and I think he has top pairing potential, even could be a #1. But I think that Demidov could be an absolute star winger and I think they need that more, especially with the emergence of Vlasic.

I can't really complain if they pick Lev though. I just wonder where they're going to get their scoring from outside of Bedard because I don't see Nazar and Moore as anything but middle 6ers at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad