2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

Who do we take?

• Total voters

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
I truly wish I saw Lev or one of the other Dmen as a future #1, because that would be very convenient for our rebuild, but I don't. If we don't trade up from 18, I'd like to take Jiricik, if they are comfortable with his medicals. I don't think his floor is as high the top 6 but I think his ceiling could be.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
1000017800.jpg

giza

Jul 19, 2011
No way Silayev drops to 13 or behind Greentree. I think the Hawks would take Sennecke or Boisvert over Hage with 18.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
So here’s the (fantasy) plan. Trade up to 15 by taking on Holl (Or Petry less likely). Then we use our glut of picks to get into the top 10 and draft a defenseman.

Alright good talk everyone, inform the league.

Edit: If we want to move up further from 15 without picks we could look towards Philadelphia. They have limited cap space and we could take on Petersen or Atkinson as another cap dump.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With later picks the Hawks have do you think it would be best to draft high school and Russian players?

IMO with glut of picks we have in coming drafts, etc. having some longer-term projects in que wouldn't be bad idea

Guys like Park, Moore, etc. are guys I am talking about as far as HS kids

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Him calling Levshunov's hockey sense high end is just so odd to me. I know Pronman been on that path, but I just don't see it.

I actually agree and I like Levshunov. Probably the only thing I question about him (and it's a very big one as I value hockey sense to the extreme) despite him jumping 3 levels in 3 years. But as we know, if you got size, Pronman will rank you higher than a kid with average to below average size. He's very high on Yakemchuk too, even higher than I am and he's my favorite defenseman in the draft.

Reactions: TLEH

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009
Him calling Levshunov's hockey sense high end is just so odd to me. I know Pronman been on that path, but I just don't see it.

Same Pronman who had Elias Pettersson 17th and Cale Makar 19th in 2017 final rankings.

• Haha
Reactions: ndgt10

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
not impressed (beyond his being "out there")
I hope to God , Davidson and Doneghey don't subscribe to Pronman's beliefs. Has to be Demidov #2 . Anatoly Semenov is listed as a pro scout, anybody know who has been watching Russian jr's for Blackhawk's?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad