2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Watching the Memorial Cup Parek was taking massive hits in the game the other night

I had initial worries about him being a Boqvist and the inability to avoid contact on the forecheck is gonna get him injured a lot at the next level
Said several pages ago those wanting Parekh must have missed the entire Boqvist experience.

Dude would be lucky to survive a game unscathed against a physical team

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Said several pages ago those wanting Parekh must have missed the entire Boqvist experience.

Dude would be lucky to survive a game unscathed against a physical team
There’s little doubt. Boqvist had the concussion issue coming out I remember.

This is one of those scenarios I know the Hawks would never draft this player with their emphasis on size for D. Even if he dropped like a rock.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I like Necas but I get the feeling he’s gonna cost a ton. (As far as trade)

Plus sounds like Carolina would want a player back, not picks.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Chris peters and steven ellis did a you tube mock
AL was at # 2
15-22 was connely, nygard, Jiricek, Hage, emery, solberg, surin, lucenko,

would be great if Nygard or Jiricek. I know that would be 2 RD. But Jiricek is probably 2-3 years away. then you dont have to worry again about RD as a need. my dream scenario would be Demidov and jiricek. its worth noting that next years top 10 has 2 RD and maybe 6 centers.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The consensus on this board is Demidov or Levshunov....I have said they shoukd take Lindstrom...but tgerevisx1 caveat..

Tge question of his health.

Will he be able to show up at the combine ?

The teams will be getting updated medical reports from his doctors ...even ifv hey say he is ok now or by the time nextseason starts training camps in September,IF he cannot paricipate in the combine it will create risk dobts and uncertainty for him ...especially on a pick as high as #2..

KdD woukdvhavevto be assured he will make full recovery..ifvtge medical reports leave doubts then hevis not goibgvto take Lindstrom even given the 2 great structural issues forvthe team and the solutions needed to solve those issues...ie.

1 Uncertainty if Bedard and Oliver Moore will be Centers or wingers long-term ...if switched to wing Hawks have obvious need for top Centers and hopefully with more size.

2 .If Hawks pjay with too many smaller cebters and wingers,the structural balancevofvtgevtop 2vlines willbe off..They will need more sizexand physicality with skill notvjustcsmakker highly skilled guys ..

Lindstrom woukd help solve these issues but only ifvhe gets to fill health..

So itvis critical that tgere be no doubts on his health ..if KD nit satisfied on this from the medical reports,hexwill not take thecrisk..

Butcdid Demidov not hurt his knee again latevin NHL playoffs?

So maybe he needs full medical report on hom too?

Demidov has to show up at the combine ...if not Again KD may not take a risk with medical uncertainties.

So I guess we wait forvtge combine to see if they participate or not..

This health uncertainties may force KD to take less risk on pkayersvhevknows are in 100% goid health.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
There is no apparent replacement for Seth but if Marner is available, and I doubt he is, his creativity would be most welcome for Hawks now and for years to come. Marner/Bedard/Hall would be quite a 1st line moving forward.

Its 2024

Taylor Hall is far from a 1st line talent at this point

The lack of top 6 talent on NHL roster is major issue at this point

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Its 2024

Adam Hall is far from a 1st line talent at this point

The lack of top 6 talent on NHL roster is major issue at this point
I was referring to the immediate future, as in next season: Taylor Hall with Bedard and Marner to form line 1. I think a healthy Hall would be a better fit then Kurashev.... but I think it is only restless Leaf fans who want Marner moved.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Thoughts on taking Nabokov with either #67 or #72 if he is there?

Add another goalie to pipeline

Nabokov was great in MHL and then walked into KHL and played great there

Would be great value at either of those spots

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ilya Nabokov not a big goalie= 6'1 180 ...butcdoesxhave career goid stats coning up the systemn to the MHL ..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Re my pist above on the health concerns with Lindstron:

It seems Scott Wheelers is takingboutvofvboth sides of his mouth...He appeared on a Hawks fan YouTube podcast 5cdaysxagobextolling Demidov as 2bd best talent in the draft and saying whether with Brdardvo n same line or strategy lines but together forcthe pop the idea of that do together woukd be so great etc..etc...and completely quashibgcanyvideaxKDxwoukd take Lindstrommeven if a good medical and physio report is given to all 42 teams by his doctor and physiotherapist ..

However.. Wheeler is quoted in a n article I found dated Mat 21st 2024 waxing on how great Lindrstom is and how he just dlminatedcthecWHL before he got injured...a 12 game point stream in which he hadc21 piibtsxamd 14 goals and that he wax on track forc98bpiintsxandx240 penalty minutes in a physically dominating force out there that no top players ofvitgercteamsxwoukd want to pkaycahainst...That his mid -season rankibg was legit at #3 and a top 5 pick for sure...then thebinjury and short sample cast doubtvifvhe will go that hogh...unless the medical reports cone back aspiring...which he already reports by Lindstrom 's agent that the reports will say Lindstrom is expected to make gill recovery

So if hisxshentvis not lying andctge reports give tge will be 100% even if Lindstrom himself saysxhevisconlyv"almost yhere" but not quite 200% yet,will GMs restore that high (3rd best forward in the draft status ) and if so how can anyone really compare his value to a more showy value Denidov may have with hos talents?

Surely Center vs.RW should be a value proposition..there cannot be :BPA" determination because you are projecting not what the level is now,but more what a ceiling may be when in prime ofxage 23-.30..and of course the size and physicality difference which exists now and may getceven better in favour of Lindstrom (6'4 216 now...might still grow taller but certainly will add more weight and more muscle...coukd be 6'4+ 230lb skilled fast dominating monster out th..tgese are very rare in such a combination of alk he brings...So if thecrepirts from the doctor and physiotherapist cone back assuribgvhevwill be ok...then as "excitinh" as seeing a Brdard-Denidov duo might be or might seem,the better idea is always to build up the middle with Centers ...easier to find scoring wingers later in the draft or next draft than to pass on a potentially dominating Center.They are too rare..

So if the medical and physio reports say Lindstrom is on track for100% recovery ,I think KD should bypass "the show" and instead putt for "dough"...you take the Big physically dominant power Center over the showy dangler..

Look...not saying Demidov is a bad choice...Hawks will get good talent eitger way..Maybe Denidov is a reg. Season 90-100 piibtvguyvdown the road and maybe Lindstrom is only a 70-80points guy ..but Demidov is under- sized or average size at best (5'11)....and y out know that of Hawks get to pkayoffs,all small forwardsxwill get stymiedxand pushed around physically

So you cannot ignore a size advantage with that much difference...

So now let us wait and see what is in these medical and physio reports on Lindstrom..

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Re my pist above on the health concerns with Lindstron:

It seems Scott Wheelers is takingboutvofvboth sides of his mouth...He appeared on a Hawks fan YouTube podcast 5cdaysxagobextolling Demidov as 2bd best talent in the draft and saying whether with Brdardvo n same line or strategy lines but together forcthe pop the idea of that do together woukd be so great etc..etc...and completely quashibgcanyvideaxKDxwoukd take Lindstrommeven if a good medical and physio report is given to all 42 teams by his doctor and physiotherapist ..

However.. Wheeler is quoted in a n article I found dated Mat 21st 2024 waxing on how great Lindrstom is and how he just dlminatedcthecWHL before he got injured...a 12 game point stream in which he hadc21 piibtsxamd 14 goals and that he wax on track forc98bpiintsxandx240 penalty minutes in a physically dominating force out there that no top players ofvitgercteamsxwoukd want to pkaycahainst...That his mid -season rankibg was legit at #3 and a top 5 pick for sure...then thebinjury and short sample cast doubtvifvhe will go that hogh...unless the medical reports cone back aspiring...which he already reports by Lindstrom 's agent that the reports will say Lindstrom is expected to make gill recovery

So if hisxshentvis not lying andctge reports give tge will be 100% even if Lindstrom himself saysxhevisconlyv"almost yhere" but not quite 200% yet,will GMs restore that high (3rd best forward in the draft status ) and if so how can anyone really compare his value to a more showy value Denidov may have with hos talents?

Surely Center vs.RW should be a value proposition..there cannot be :BPA" determination because you are projecting not what the level is now,but more what a ceiling may be when in prime ofxage 23-.30..and of course the size and physicality difference which exists now and may getceven better in favour of Lindstrom (6'4 216 now...might still grow taller but certainly will add more weight and more muscle...coukd be 6'4+ 230lb skilled fast dominating monster out th..tgese are very rare in such a combination of alk he brings...So if thecrepirts from the doctor and physiotherapist cone back assuribgvhevwill be ok...then as "excitinh" as seeing a Brdard-Denidov duo might be or might seem,the better idea is always to build up the middle with Centers ...easier to find scoring wingers later in the draft or next draft than to pass on a potentially dominating Center.They are too rare..

So if the medical and physio reports say Lindstrom is on track for100% recovery ,I think KD should bypass "the show" and instead putt for "dough"...you take the Big physically dominant power Center over the showy dangler..

Look...not saying Demidov is a bad choice...Hawks will get good talent eitger way..Maybe Denidov is a reg. Season 90-100 piibtvguyvdown the road and maybe Lindstrom is only a 70-80points guy ..but Demidov is under- sized or average size at best (5'11)....and y out know that of Hawks get to pkayoffs,all small forwardsxwill get stymiedxand pushed around physically

So you cannot ignore a size advantage with that much difference...

So now let us wait and see what is in these medical and physio reports on Lindstrom..

We've been talking about Lindstrom's health concerns for weeks. Glad you are finally catching on. It isn't just his back either. Lindstrom has had wrist surgery already too. Could he be Byfield? Sure, but he could also be Kirby Dach.

And regarding Demidov's size, there's reports he grew. Let's see how much when he comes over. I wonder if him being 6'1 will change your mind about him.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
We've been talking about Lindstrom's health concerns for weeks. Glad you are finally catching on. It isn't just his back either. Lindstrom has had wrist surgery already too. Could he be Byfield? Sure, but he could also be Kirby Dach.

And regarding Demidov's size, there's reports he grew. Let's see how much when he comes over. I wonder if him being 6'1 will change your mind about him.
It’s something not talked about enough. I grew two inches when I was 20. And it happens to plenty of guys who didn’t necessarily have a massive growth spurt in one go.

If Demidov comes over 6’0 or above, he probably becomes undisputed #2.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Seem
It’s something not talked about enough. I grew two inches when I was 20. And it happens to plenty of guys who didn’t necessarily have a massive growth spurt in one go.

If Demidov comes over 6’0 or above, he probably becomes undisputed #2.

If there was going to be an undisputed #2 in this draft, it wouldn't hinge on whether a certain player was 5'11" or 6'0.5".

This is a tough draft. Seems like this board is pretty sold on the Demidov train but I could see the Hawks going with a number of guys at #2 and personally it feels like Levshunov is likely going to be the pick. They don't have any RHD in the system that project as quality NHLers outside of Rinzel. Both Jones and Murphy will be on the wrong side of 30 this fall. You need a quality defense to contend and it's much easier to find top-6 talent than top-pairing talent. I don't think the gap between Demidov and Levshunov is large enough to take away from Levshunov playing a premium position.

Going to be an interesting night on this board after the pick is in.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If he ends up being 6’2” and determined to play center we could end up with quite the 2C after all
I was curious so I looked at some of Demidov's last games of the season.

It's hard to know someone's exact height through this method, but I was looking at any time he was standing behind the bench, or celebrating a goal with teammates, etc.

In comparison to guys on his team listed at 5'10" and 5'11", he does appear to be taller than them. Looked slightly shorter than their captain who's listed at 6'3".

I think 6'0" or 6'1" is a fair assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad