GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I read a few reviews that said they weren’t too impressed with him offensively until this year. Sorry Idont have links handy.

That said he increased his point total this year in half as many games as last so a pronounced jump but you would expect some jump. Again though only 32 games this year and I read it was on a high shooting percentage.

He may have had some lucky shooting but if he scored 20 goals in 32 games instead of 27 it would still be outstanding and he'd still look like a future great power forward for the NHL. Lindstrom really was amazing last Fall.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I don’t think most scouts see Lindstrom as a possible 100 point Center. In fact most don’t see Celebrini as a possible 100 point guy. A few do think Demidov has more offensive upside than Celebrini but like Macklins complete game better.

If Lindstrom is healthy and the back really is not a serious concern I’m all for him.

The Jackets definitely need to get bigger and tougher to play against.
I didn't mean to imply that Lindstroms ceiling could be that high, in fact I'm more worried that he tops out as a 45-55pt guy. Which is valuable if he's playing shut down defensive role as well. But you're hoping for more in the top 5. Luckily a guy like Sennecke is almost 6'3 and could be (slightly) growing still.

Reactions: KJ Dangler

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well plenty of scouts agree with your take and cite the difficulty of the KHL as the reason why he didn't continue to show offense. But you can go on the MHL youtube page and watch Silayev's games for free, and see that he didn't show any offense prior to this year and he didn't show any offense when he was sent down to the MHL at the end of the year. There's zero offense even against his age group.

This is one of many games you can see of him in the MHL playoffs:

You can look up a highlight reel where all of his points are included, and it's the kind of random points that defensive D-men get from time to time. He had a Gudbranson heater.

I can't say I've watched any film of the guy, but from what I've read about Silayev, he's someone I would very badly desperately want... with a later pick.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Lindstrom or Levshunov.... That's been my two and I'm sticking with them as my favorites. There are several others that I would have no issue with at 4OA or even a trade back, but I think those two fit needs and are high end ceilings with high floors.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

Is anyone sleeping on him, though? I was all in on him but the back has started to scare me. I certainly am not sleeping on him. You could say I am sleeping on Terik Parascak because I am not spending much time on sub 6 foot wings who are likely to be drafted somewhere in the 20s. So if a guy like Parascak drops and we pick him at 36 I’ll be wishing I knew more about him. I am wide awake on Lindstrom.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Is anyone sleeping on him, though? I was all in on him but the back has started to scare me. I certainly am not sleeping on him. You could say I am sleeping on Terik Parascak because I am not spending much time on sub 6 foot wings who are likely to be drafted somewhere in the 20s. So if a guy like Parascak drops and we pick him at 36 I’ll be wishing I knew more about him. I am wide awake on Lindstrom.
Back injury probably from all those people sleeping on him.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

Kind of like Silayev, his prior years of production are a cause for concern , as is the back . You know me , I beat the drum to take the center all things equal .. after watching those scouts debate in video posted Lindstrom vs Sennecke , seems Lindstrom even healthy , is a high floor , but probably lower ceiling guy.. can’t shake the Keith Primeau comparison

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
I am to the point that at the end of the day all of these players are essentially a lotto ticket, even with a healthy outlook. If there is one man I trust within the organization right now its Ville Siren. If he gives his nod of approval about Lindstrom then I will trust his judgement as you don't trade for these type of players. Yet I know how this going to end...come draft day the fanbase is gonna complain whoever we get and is immediately gonna call them a bust because X reason...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad