GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Now that the dust has settled from the draft, I figured we’d hear some things about Siren or Timmons moving on by now if it were to happen.

Here’s hoping they stay on and the amateur scouts stick around.
Why? I think I could do just as well picking guys from reading write-ups. I would have missed Chinakov and probably most of the budding 3rd & 4th liners currently developing in Cleveland.
If they stay ok but if they leave I don't see the big deal.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Why? I think I could do just as well picking guys from reading write-ups. I would have missed Chinakov and probably most of the budding 3rd & 4th liners currently developing in Cleveland.
If they stay ok but if they leave I don't see the big deal.
Think you would have hit on Gavrikov in the 6th and Voronkov in the 4th?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Add Bjorkstrand and Nutivaara just to add a couple more.
3 out of 4 no longer here. I wouldn't have picked them...:naughty:

My whole point is if our scouting and drafting was so good why don't we have any of the gems still here and contributing?. Marchenko I wanted and he slipped to the 2nd so good job there, KJ I'm still not convinced is going to live up to being a 5thOA.

If they stay or go I'm ok either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad