NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Don Boyd is a dinosaur I think he and the rest of the amateur staff need to go

How do we continually pass up on skill and hockey IQ and not make them a priority?
Don Boyd was the coach of the Sarnia Sting 30 years ago until he was fired and Mark Hunter took over early in the season.
So I was surprised when i heard Don Boyd was the head of scouting for the Sens and I thought for sure it must be a different guy but nope it was the same guy still kicking around.
Quite the blast from the past.

Last edited:

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I actually quite like our draft outside of the 2nd round. I think all 3 of those 4ths (Moore, Montgomery and Ellinas) can be players for us. All 3 of them have an actual chance to be great bottom 6 guys with middle six upside.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Don Boyd is a dinosaur I think he and the rest of the amateur staff need to go

How do we continually pass up on skill and hockey IQ and not make them a priority?
Boyd is like 5’5” so he compensates by having a size fetish

• Haha
Reactions: DJB

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Interesting

I thought they should have addressed the head scout soon after Mann was released and I would have liked to see an expansion.
The old crew gave it the old college try though. The type remained consistent with a few elements. Not hard to see the Boucher pick getting a ton of support with this group... Lets hope there are some NHL hockey players in there.

1719693093897.png

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Edmonton took Brad Berry's 6'4" kid in the 7th.
Is he Brad Berry's son? Jets draft pick many moons ago?

I thought they should have addressed the head scout soon after Mann was released and I would have liked to see an expansion.
The old crew gave it the old college try though. The type remained consistent with a few elements. Not hard to see the Boucher pick getting a ton of support with this group... Lets hope there are some NHL hockey players in there.

View attachment 889638
I think there will be one. :)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Have no clue how to evaluate any of the guys taken after Yakemchuk, haven’t seen any of them outside of a few highlights today, watched Kitchener but never paid attention or noticed Ellinas, will have to wait until next year to give an informed opinion.

One thing is for sure, the Sens went by the exact same checklist they have been using the past few drafts in their rankings.

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

People keep bringing this up but I don’t exactly remember Colorado and Florida having the most menacing defencemen either.

That's true. Also what you don't see is the thousands of other big mean defensemen who don't have the basic skating skills or IQ to make to the big leagues.

Most of whom we seem to have drafted the past several years.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
That's true. Also what you don't see is the thousands of other big mean defensemen who don't have the basic skating skills or IQ to make to the big leagues.

Most of whom we seem to have drafted the past several years.
You can really see how that Brian Burke influence rubbed off on him. Looking for the next Tyler Biggs.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What I don’t get about picks like Roger and eliasson is they say “oh we want a player like that”…so just got get him in FA? You’re telling me you cant find a guy to play kinda poor third line minutes and who will take 800k a year to go destroy some forwards ?

Reactions: ijif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad