NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
The Sens could still acquire some more picks to draft them. They are ranked 150 and 155 for NA Skaters by CSS. I would assume they will be available late in the draft and it wouldn't cost much to acquire the picks to draft them.
So what you're telling me is that we are trading Jakob Chychrun for them? ;)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No, I’m saying that with the picks we had, 3 NHLers is a reasonable expectation if you have an average/slightly above average draft. I do think 3 NHLers is reasonable, though.
But judging by our last 3 drafts before this one they’re not above average. We haven’t gotten a single guy yet. And now look like guys that will never ever sniff the nhl

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
But judging by our last 3 drafts before this one they’re not above average. We haven’t gotten a single guy yet. And now look like guys that will never ever sniff the nhl
Ok, but thats not what I was saying or talking about lol. Its a hypothetical. I am not trying to evaluate our scouts

If we get 3 NHLers, that will be a good draft. If we get less than that, we better hope that the guy(s) who hit are damn good NHLers, or else this will be another mediocre draft. I dont know how it will turn out

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ok, but thats not what I was saying or talking about lol. Its a hypothetical. I am not trying to evaluate our scouts

If we get 3 NHLers, that will be a good draft. If we get less than that, we better hope that the guy(s) who hit are damn good NHLers, or else this will be another mediocre draft. I dont know how it will turn out
Oh I see. It’s not your evaluation of the draft itself.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
This scouting staff would speed walked to the podium to make the first overall pick in 2015 when they realized that Dylan Strome is still on the board at 1!

edit: the joke is that strome is a big guy, so they'd take him over McDavid, who was a generational star but only of average stature. Additionally. there are some absurdist elements to the joke, with the scouting staff realizing Strome is still on the board at 1, when in reality, every single prospect is still on the board at 1 because no one has been taken. So the idea that they would be excited at Strome being there adds an absurdist element to the humour.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This scouting staff would speed walked to the podium to make the first overall pick in 2015 when they realized that Dylan Strome is still on the board at 1!

edit: the joke is that strome is a big guy, so they'd take him over McDavid, who was a generational star but only of average stature. Additionally. there are some absurdist elements to the joke, with the scouting staff realizing Strome is still on the board at 1, when in reality, every single prospect is still on the board at 1 because no one has been taken. So the idea that they would be excited at Strome being there adds an absurdist element to the humour.
I'm sorry, could you maybe explain this in more detail, I'm not sure I understand...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It will be interesting what happens with this scouting staff, Staois has all summer, all yr really to make changes if he is unhappy with these picks & the kind of players they are drafting. While I expect a change or two, I doubt they clean house in the scouting department but we'll see.

I also suspect that Staois, Poulin, Bowness, Alfredsson & Boyd all had a say on the #1 pick & less as the draft runs along. I'm looking forward to the development camp to see how it is run compared to previous camps. Anyone know dates & times of the Development Camp, I expect it starts July 2.

It's interesting that some are saying that Gabriel Eliasson LD is a lesser version of Silayev in this draft, big 3rd pairing guy, good skater, mean streak & could be insurance if Kleven doesn't work out. With so many Americans on the team we have to ask the question how many want to be here long term or whether they want to go back to the States to play. Yakemchuk seemed pretty pumped to have been drafted by a Canadian team which is nice to hear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad