NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Team will want him after July 1st to talk about extensions. And that helps our return as well

You're right that they can't sign until July 1st, but there would be nothing stopping a team from hammering out the details of an extension now (with Ottawa's permission). It simply wouldn't be binding for another few days until it can officially be submitted to the league.

I think this ends up similar to the Debrincat thing, where we try to get a current 1st, but end up having to settle for a pick in next year's draft.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Seriously why are our moron scouts OBSESSED with "hard workers", 95% of 1st round picks are hard workers, it's not some super-special trait.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If they had Beaudoin that high internally that he was a candidate near the top 10, maybe they finalize a deal to send Chychrun to LAK, and then move up to 20, since the Islanders seem to be trying to get more picks based on their swap with Chicago.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
I still think Chychrun is moved before the end of the draft if the player we want is still there around the mid 20s.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Great pick by Vegas

Connelly is easily a top 10 talent and they need an influx of skill

When you look into what Connelly did which the broadcast felt the need to bring up, it really isn't the big issue you'd think it'd be. An obvious mistake from a teenager who didn't understand what he was doing. It'd be idiotic for a team to think that was some sort of red flag. Vegas go themselves a steal.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
When you look into what Connelly did which the broadcast felt the need to bring up, it really isn't the big issue you'd think it'd be. An obvious mistake from a teenager who didn't understand what he was doing. It'd be idiotic for a team to think that was some sort of red flag. Vegas go themselves a steal.
It wasn’t the only issue. Just the most shocking.
Add racial slurs and losing game for team with selfish play.
On and off ice issues.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
With our pick at 7... I am starting to like Chychrun at RD for the next 4 years., We just need him to hit, drop em and take a few good cross checking penalties every now and then.

Reactions: SensontheRush

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It wasn’t the only issue. Just the most shocking.
Add racial slurs and losing game for team with selfish play.
On and off ice issues.

I wasn't aware of his on-ice selfish play so that might be why he dropped that low but the racial slur thing was taken off his record so obviously it was deemed to be a wrongful "strike".

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Guys Yakemchuk is almost a year older than everyone, so you gotta keep that in mind with his "high" numbers.
This isn't really true,

The bulk of NHL draft picks are born in the first 5 months of the year, in reality he's a little under 6 months older than the average draft pick.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I wasn't aware of his on-ice selfish play so that might be why he dropped that low but the racial slur thing was taken off his record so obviously it was deemed to be a wrongful "strike".
Teammates avoided events he was attending.
Believe what you want.
That’s too many “strikes” for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad