NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yakemchuk likely 3rd round or later? Given the many rankings of him being taken in the first round, I doubt he makes it to the 3rd round. He might even be taken in the top 15.
This year, If his draft year was 2023 where would he go is the question. Top 15 is around where he is this year. 3rd may be a bit late I admit. lol

McCagg said he’s heard from “hockey people” that levshunov and silayav maybe go 2 and 3.
I would not doubt that at all. Its kind or where Bob has them isn't it.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I am looking forward to getting a very good player at #7 and hope we can get another one at #25 too (but that might have to be a player dropping down from his expected draft position).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This year, If his draft year was 2023 where would he go is the question. Top 15 is around where he is this year. 3rd may be a bit late I admit. lol

I would not doubt that at all. Its kind or where Bob has them isn't it.
Yeah it is. So I’m doubting they drop.

And then I think the 3 forwards go bang bang bang right there.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Would be amazing if he fell to 7 like Michkov.

Of course we could also pass him on, given the last time we drafted a guy out of Russia was almost 20 years ago

Not sure he slides by the Habs,

Yeah it is. So I’m doubting they drop.

And then I think the 3 forwards go bang bang bang right there.
The talk about Demidov dropping due to the Factor... just led me to speculate on Silayev as well.. I think they should both go top 5

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I mean the Habs did pass on Michkov, though I heard it's due to him saying that he wouldn't sign in Montreal.
Michkov had a 3 year deal too... Demidov has 1 left... If Lindstrom is gone .. Montreal goes with a forward I can't see them passing on the talent but... they obviously could. Lots of criticism for taking Reinbacher .. but I think he'll be fine. Some people think Demidov could be better than Michkov.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
So the twitter f***boy is saying we will draft Iginla if he’s available at 7th.

This is a smoke screen to get Calgary to swap picks with us.

I'm a legitimate fake Twitter insider who makes up fake rumors to get the Senators fans riled up, and that's what bootleg Steve Staios told me. Really, it's just a guy at my YMCA who I ask Sens stuff to and say it was Steve, but still it helps pass the time between spotting each other.

• Wow
Reactions: JackieDaytona

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Iginla would be a perfectly fine pick at 7, not who I personally would take, but that matters none. Young guy with a sharp trajection.

I'm always wary of guys with higher goals-assist numbers, D men even more so, translating that to the NHL is a problem for a very large number of them; but to pretend that it's a written rule and extrapolate from there isn't fair or wise. He doesn't worry me anywhere close to the way guys like Puempel, Gagne, Lazar or Etem did.

He never looked like a top 10 guy at the U-18's to me, but he can put the puck in the net, and comes from a family that can put the puck in the net.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
You're definitely getting an NHL player if you pick Tij Iginla, and that's pretty appealing. Whether he has high-end upside I guess is up for debate. He would be an easy pick to sell people on for sure - good player, the son of a beloved NHL star, young for his draft cohort. Even the stat models love him.

One of my concerns is that a left-shot scoring winger is one of the least valuable player archetypes. They often tend to be low-impact and relatively easy to acquire. I know people don't like it when there's a suggestion of drafting for need, but what option do you have when you can't land UFA's and you're a market on every NTC?

People often say you can make a trade down the line to fill a need, but if guys like Carter Yakemchuk and Beckett Sennecke hit their potential then you can't trade for them. Parekh as well, now that I think about it. Right shooting star producers just aren't made available. I think this should be considered to some degree.
Pronman released a discussion with 5 or 6 anonymous scouts today. It is an interesting read: NHL Draft Confidential: What scouts and executives think of Celebrini, Demidov and more

I understand the strategy of picking safe and would certainly respect it given the circumstances, but there is a danger in overcorrecting. Hopefully the Boucher pick isn't impacting the current decision making process. The 2021 draft was exceptionally weak. And, while Cole Sillinger is a nice player, I don't think passing on him is going to the set organization back in a meaningful way.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This is a smoke screen to get Calgary to swap picks with us.

I'm a legitimate fake Twitter insider who makes up fake rumors to get the Senators fans riled up, and that's what bootleg Steve Staios told me. Really, it's just a guy at my YMCA who I ask Sens stuff to and say it was Steve, but still it helps pass the time between spotting each other.

Feels like the “Ottawa is taking Kadri” thing so they could pretend they were manipulating the draft and it worked really well because we got mouth breathing man-bun loving Jared Cowen

• Haha
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
Iginla would be a perfectly fine pick at 7, not who I personally would take, but that matters none. Young guy with a sharp trajection.

I'm always wary of guys with higher goals-assist numbers, D men even more so, translating that to the NHL is a problem for a very large number of them; but to pretend that it's a written rule and extrapolate from there isn't fair or wise. He doesn't worry me anywhere close to the way guys like Puempel, Gagne, Lazar or Etem did.

He never looked like a top 10 guy at the U-18's to me, but he can put the puck in the net, and comes from a family that can put the puck in the net.
I won't cry if he is selected, but I think it is the wrong move.

In watching him play, he is a give and go type. He likes to work without the puck. He uses his speed and edges to create space , but he is not a creative play driver in any sense. And I don't know, walking away at #7 with a 6 foot goal scoring winger is not the best use of a valuable draft asset.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Black Book is great again this year, always the cream of the crop

The dated notes from NHL scouts are a great insight, though there are less this year than previous, along with all the HP stuff

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
My list. How scouts see it.

1) Demidov
2) Iginla
3) Celebrini
4) Parekh
5) Levshunov
6) Dickinson
7) Lindstrom
8) Eiserman
9) Buium
10)Silayev
11) Sennecke
12) Yakemchuk

Celebrini gives me vibes of Kessel. Nothing more. Not even point a game player, but sure thing for 30-40 goals a season.
Demidov is a true T1 and could be a generational talent like Kucherov - bad attitude though.
Iginla is just a player you can get through a draft. I would take him first over all.
Parekh has a hockey IQ out of this world and all the tools. Need to improve a forward speed and defensive awareness.
Levshunov is the second best D in this draft
Dickinson will be a first pair.
Lindstrom will slide, he is an injury prone and it is a gamble for any GMs

The rest is just a huge drop. Sens should not draft any of them from 8-12. Will need 2-3 or more years in minors to be developed.
I only like Buium, but he needs at least 3 years as well. Silayev is no Chara. Sens had Filimonov and he was soft as a butter.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I won't cry if he is selected, but I think it is the wrong move.

In watching him play, he is a give and go type. He likes to work without the puck. He uses his speed and edges to create space , but he is not a creative play driver in any sense. And I don't know, walking away at #7 with a 6 foot goal scoring winger is not the best use of a valuable draft asset.
Mathew Tkachuk is not creative either, reckless passing game, which Iginla does not have. But Iginla will be a true point a game getter. And will be the most valuable player during payoffs. If you draft him, he will be as valuable as Brady Tkachuk.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
My list. How scouts see it.

1) Demidov
2) Iginla
3) Celebrini
4) Parekh
5) Levshunov
6) Dickinson
7) Lindstrom
8) Eiserman
9) Buium
10)Silayev
11) Sennecke
12) Yakemchuk

Celebrini gives me vibes of Kessel. Nothing more. Not even point a game player, but sure thing for 30-40 goals a season.
Demidov is a true T1 and could be a generational talent like Kucherov - bad attitude though.
Iginla is just a player you can get through a draft. I would take him first over all.
Parekh has a hockey IQ out of this world and all the tools. Need to improve a forward speed and defensive awareness.
Levshunov is the second best D in this draft
Dickinson will be a first pair.
Lindstrom will slide, he is an injury prone and it is a gamble for any GMs

The rest is just a huge drop. Sens should not draft any of them from 8-12. Will need 2-3 or more years in minors to be developed.
I only like Buium, but he needs at least 3 years as well. Silayev is no Chara. Sens had Filimonov and he was soft as a butter.
You've posted some pretty unhinged shit before but this one is absolutely going in your greatest hits compilation

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
25. Ottawa Senators — Marek Vanacker, LW, Brantford Bulldogs (OHL)
Height: Six-foot Weight: 175 pounds

GM Steve Staios drafted him as a junior in Hamilton/Brantford. He will go back to the well with a player he knows better than anyone, and is definitely deserving of this spot. He plays with speed, skill and a farmer’s work ethic.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
You've posted some pretty unhinged shit before but this one is absolutely going in your greatest hits compilation
how often do draft results workout exactly how you expect?

how many had lafrenierre the unanimous best player?

I respect the divergence from popular opinion and group think.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
how often do draft results workout exactly how you expect?

how many had lafrenierre the unanimous best player?

I respect the divergence from popular opinion and group think.
Laf is looking pretty good rn. He can def be the best player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad