NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
My list. How scouts see it.

1) Demidov
2) Iginla
3) Celebrini
4) Parekh
5) Levshunov
6) Dickinson
7) Lindstrom
8) Eiserman
9) Buium
10)Silayev
11) Sennecke
12) Yakemchuk

Celebrini gives me vibes of Kessel. Nothing more. Not even point a game player, but sure thing for 30-40 goals a season.
Demidov is a true T1 and could be a generational talent like Kucherov - bad attitude though.
Iginla is just a player you can get through a draft. I would take him first over all.
Parekh has a hockey IQ out of this world and all the tools. Need to improve a forward speed and defensive awareness.
Levshunov is the second best D in this draft
Dickinson will be a first pair.
Lindstrom will slide, he is an injury prone and it is a gamble for any GMs

The rest is just a huge drop. Sens should not draft any of them from 8-12. Will need 2-3 or more years in minors to be developed.
I only like Buium, but he needs at least 3 years as well. Silayev is no Chara. Sens had Filimonov and he was soft as a butter.
Whatever you're smoking, I want it.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
There was a nice little article about Boucher in the Athletic yesterday.

He knows some fans are down on him and assured the readers that he feels the frustration 10 fold.

He talked about his rash of injuries, his mental health, and his rehab.

Says his only goal is to hit camp ready to help Belleville and perhaps one day the Sens. He believes in himself and just needs a solid stretch of playtime to show what he can do.

Just turned 21, and is raring to go. Biggest desire at the moment is to be able to give Belleville fans a full season of hockey.

Sounds like a good kid who is open to share personal information information about his struggles. Seems very driven still to make the Sens and help the team down the road.

I was interesting to get some insight into how these young players are aware of what social media says about them, and how it affects them.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Laf is looking pretty good rn. He can def be the best player
And at one point the majority were putting him out of the top 5 or 10 when the same majority couldn't fathom taking another player 1st.

I'm just saying when it comes to drafts and young player projections it is very likely that we are all wrong in some way, so people who have ranking that diverge from popular opinion shouldn't be discounted wholesale.

Reactions: HSF

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
And at one point the majority were putting him out of the top 5 or 10 when the same majority couldn't fathom taking another player 1st.

I'm just saying when it comes to drafts and young player projections it is very likely that we are all wrong in some way, so people who have ranking that diverge from popular opinion shouldn't be discounted wholesale.

This is a draft aggregate that compiled a list of over 45 draft rankings and they all had Lafreniere as the undisputed number one. If you can find someone semi-reputable calling for Laf out of the top 5 id be interested in seeing that.

Just because you run a blog on Geocities (or in this case, post on hfboards) and go well off the board it doesn't automatically make you insightful or worth even considering. You're looking at me with a straight face right now and telling me if someone told you that Rossi was going to be picked over Laf you'd honestly take that into serious consideration and deem it worth discussing?

If any kook with a voice stimulates discourse for you then standing on the corner of Murray and King Edward must be like your personal Agora of Athens.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Im sorry what?

No. Very very few people had him outside the top 3 and he was mostly unanimous as being #1.

Show me one reputable person that had him outside the top 5 or 10 like you say and I have a tropical island for sale for you

Reactions: milkbag

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Im sorry what?

No. Very very few people had him outside the top 3 and he was mostly unanimous as being #1.

Show me one reputable person that had him outside the top 5 or 10 like you say and I have a tropical island for sale for you
He's talking about people saying Laf wouldn't go in the top 5 in a redraft a year or two after saying that he was the unanimous 1st pick, that just because it’s a unanimous pick to start doesn’t mean it always will be.

That’s definitely true, lots of people wouldn’t have traded our 1st’s from the past few years for him when it would be brought up as something we should look into, even Boucher + 2nd was though to be a hopeful price last year.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Im sorry what?

Does he mean after the fact, like in a redraft?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
My list. How scouts see it.

1) Demidov
2) Iginla
3) Celebrini
4) Parekh
5) Levshunov
6) Dickinson
7) Lindstrom
8) Eiserman
9) Buium
10)Silayev
11) Sennecke
12) Yakemchuk

Celebrini gives me vibes of Kessel. Nothing more. Not even point a game player, but sure thing for 30-40 goals a season.
Demidov is a true T1 and could be a generational talent like Kucherov - bad attitude though.
Iginla is just a player you can get through a draft. I would take him first over all.
Parekh has a hockey IQ out of this world and all the tools. Need to improve a forward speed and defensive awareness.
Levshunov is the second best D in this draft
Dickinson will be a first pair.
Lindstrom will slide, he is an injury prone and it is a gamble for any GMs

The rest is just a huge drop. Sens should not draft any of them from 8-12. Will need 2-3 or more years in minors to be developed.
I only like Buium, but he needs at least 3 years as well. Silayev is no Chara. Sens had Filimonov and he was soft as a butter.
Lost me, after reading first 4 rankings.

Reactions: Alex1234

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He's talking about people saying Laf wouldn't go in the top 5 in a redraft a year or two after saying that he was the unanimous 1st pick, that just because it’s a unanimous pick to start doesn’t mean it always will be.

That’s definitely true, lots of people wouldn’t have traded our 1st’s from the past few years for him when it would be brought up as something we should look into, even Boucher + 2nd was though to be a hopeful price last year.

Fair enough wasn’t clear to me I guess

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I can't imagine Demidov dropping out of the top 4 but we will see.
Iginla hype is too strong right now. If lindstrom back is deemed fine by doctors I think he’s an easy choice to be selected before demidov. Sennecke is the wild cat

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
On the Russians, I really hope the team at least put themselves in a position to properly ascertain the level of risk.

We have a small footprint in Europe and no scouts in Russia, at least officially. This in a year where we were likely to pick high and where there was going to be at least one - and, after Silayev emerged, two - top Russians. It would be a real shame if we ended passing on a falling Demidov simply because our lack of information added to our risk profile for a certain prospect.
I totally agree. Russians will not mind the cold weather and they'd have a countryman here with Zub.

Reactions: Laphroaig

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
I would be very pleased with Dickenson silayev demidov and sennecke. I don't really get the hype with Lindstrom from watching his highlights but that's ok. Won't be mad unless we go way off the board.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Said a few weeks ago I’d be hammering the under on Solberg, assuming his line would be at 27-30. Won’t get that chance now a few weeks later.

They’ve got him set at O/U 18.5, and the under is heavily favoured with 1.4 odds. Vegas is expecting him to be a very early pick.

There’s a real chance he jumps ahead of some of the 6 D that have been considered a group all season.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Said a few weeks ago I’d be hammering the under on Solberg, assuming his line would be at 27-30. Won’t get that chance now a few weeks later.

They’ve got him set at O/U 18.5, and the under is heavily favoured with 1.4 odds. Vegas is expecting him to be a very early pick.

There’s a real chance he jumps ahead of some of the 6 D that have been considered a group all season.

He sounds like Volchenkov. would love another A-train.

Reactions: LiseL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad