NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
33rd + 42nd is probably fair value to move down 7 spots but I'd want a bit more to happily pull the trigger on that.

Maybe 33rd + VGK 2025 1st, or something like 7+Korpisalo for 14+33/42+Vanecek.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
It should be interesting if Tij Iginla is available at 7 in terms of what the. Flames would offer the Sens to move up a couple spots in the draft.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
14th Is a bit far to move back for my liking, it's probably good value for us, but idk the draft well enough feel comfortable we could get guys I'd be happy with.
We already have Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris, Batherson, Pinto who can play in our top six for the next 4 yrs at least & Greig has top six potential. Chabot, Sanderson & Zub are here for another 3 yrs at least for our top two D pairings. This could be an opportunity to fill the prospect pool with 5 good players who could contribute in the next few yrs. Sennecke for example could be there at 14 or Greentree two good players, same with Yakemchuk. It's an interesting thing to contemplate & there are a number of good players that have the potential to turn into gems from 25th to 42nd, who knows. It's fun though right?

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We already have Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris, Batherson, Pinto who can play in our top six for the next 4 yrs at least & Greig has top six potential. Chabot, Sanderson & Zub are here for another 3 yrs at least for our top two D pairings. This could be an opportunity to fill the prospect pool with 5 good players who could contribute in the next few yrs. Sennecke for example could be there at 14 or Greentree two good players, same with Yakemchuk. It's an interesting thing to contemplate & there are a number of good players that have the potential to turn into gems from 25th to 42nd, who knows. It's fun though right?
The problem is those 2nd round picks are a bit of a roll of the dice, and while there will still be a good player there at 14, 7 has the potential to have some great options there.

I would freak out if we did that, it's an interesting proposal that seems fair, but I'd worry about missing out on someone special.

Not trying to trash the idea, I just don't know the 2nd round well enough to be enticed by those extra picks.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The problem is those 2nd round picks are a bit of a roll of the dice, and while there will still be a good player there at 14, 7 has the potential to have some great options there.

I would freak out if we did that, it's an interesting proposal that seems fair, but I'd worry about missing out on someone special.

Not trying to trash the idea, I just don't know the 2nd round well enough to be enticed by those extra picks.
Really ..... in this draft when nobody knows what the order will be from 2 to 15? I agree that some of those guys will end up in the top 10, but look at a guy like Sennecke, some think he can break into the top 10 maybe even 5, but he could also end up ouside the top 10 & just under 15th, nobody knows anything for sure. What if we take a guy like Parekh & he shits the bed & is no better than Brannstrom, teams strike out every draft with high end players, it's not just us.

It's a fair opinion though, but I would argue that we have five young forwards who will fill up the top six for at least the next four yrs plus Greig & we have three D who will sit in the top 4 spots on D for at least 3 yrs. Most of the guys I'm looking at all have NHL size & clearly most also have very good numbers & skillsets. There is a long list of guys outside the top 10 & even into the 2nd rd who have been able to be very good producers in the NHL, but I get your point it's a risk. A lot of people like Dickinson, but I don't view him any differently than Kleven, a 3rd pairing LD with 2nd pairing potential who can move up in a pinch once he hits his NHL stride. He could surprise me & turn into Dobson, but he could also turn into Kleven. Who knows?

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Being rich and training hard pretty much guarantees that you'll be drafted in the NHL.

Not at all. You've got to be genetically gifted and given opportunities to develop. Just how gifted you are determines how hard you have to train. And being rich ensures the development opportunities.

It just so happens that a lot of genetically gifted former NHL players pass down their gifts to their sons.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm glad we're listening, but I hope we'd only move it if it's a clear win for us. Moving back a bit I could handle, another DBC or Chychrun type trade and might just lose my mind ...
Same. I don't think these guys are loose cannons that get enamored with the big names.. Listening is really part of the job..

I think they took it off X.

Do you think these guys have any inside knowledge... they are like any of us here that speculate on what could happen or react to rumors

Reactions: Micklebot

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Same. I don't think these guys are loose cannons that get enamored with the big names.. Listening is really part of the job..

Do you think these guys have any inside knowledge... they are like any of us here that speculate on what could happen or react to rumors
hahahaha of course not, they are like us with an opinion.

Reactions: DJB and Icelevel

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Sens can’t give up a 3rd (4th) premium pick in a row.

Their last real 1st round pick was 4 years ago. That’s absolutely bonkers as a rebuilding team.
I am willing to wait and see with Korpisalo. However, that first round pick would mean a bonafide goaltender. But then I suppose, we might get another goalie who craps the bed.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I can assure you that all the money and training in the world wouldn't have made an NHL'r out of me, lol.

Exactly. It's easy to say money and training. You need a kid who is going to buy in and put the work in.

Moving back the pick to pick up a 2nd rounder makes sense. Especially if you consider the 2nds and the late 1st as "ammo" to upgrade the lineup.

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I doubt he's our guy but this is a nice article on Parekh. When we loo at "Need" ; the Sens need D that can defend well. If they can address that by roster moves .. Parekh could be an option if they look forward and value a player who could be a premiere PP QB and bring star level offense from the back end. At this moment I don't think the have the backend to plug Parekh in. As a fan though he would be an exciting player to add and I think his IQ and skills will translate at least offensively.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I doubt he's our guy but this is a nice article on Parekh. When we loo at "Need" ; the Sens need D that can defend well. If they can address that by roster moves .. Parekh could be an option if they look forward and value a player who could be a premiere PP QB and bring star level offense from the back end. At this moment I don't think the have the backend to plug Parekh in. As a fan though he would be an exciting player to add and I think his IQ and skills will translate at least offensively.

Parekh wouldn't fit the current roster, but he's going to take a couple years to arrive and even longer to be ready for real top 4 exposure.

From a team building perspective, Parekh being a righty is valuable because you're now looking for a stay-at-home lefty for him to play beside instead of a stay-at-home righty, which is a much harder piece to find (e.g. see all the guys who Chabot has played with for the past five years).

I don't see a Chabot-Sanderson-Parekh top four working, but take Chabot out of the equation in a couple of years and this is a pretty fun top 4:

Sanderson-[Zub/RHD]
[Kleven/LHD]-Parekh

Really, Chabot's presence complicates the selection of any of the top defensemen this year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad