GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If you claim to have watched Buium and compared him to Ian Mitchell you're lying or you're arguing in bad faith.
It’s a joke simmer down.

Frankly I’ve seen enough Bowman picks claimed to be all smarts but lacking physical tools not turn out to be against drafting like that anymore.

It’s funny because he probably agreed and his picks actually started turning out when he went after players that had more physical tools than anything, not that he got to reap any of those benefits.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It’s a joke simmer down.

Frankly I’ve seen enough Bowman picks claimed to be all smarts but lacking physical tools not turn out to be against drafting like that anymore.

It’s funny because he probably agreed and his picks actually started turning out when he went after players that had more physical tools than anything, not that he got to reap any of those benefits.
Brother you haven't seen me anywhere near riled up. I just think you're wrong.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I like you and I'm not trying to be mean but I can't imagine watching Strome play and not think he's an incredibly gifted talent.
i’m not saying he’s untalented. talent is a vaugery. to bring it back to my examples, i would say he’s more talented than athanasiou. i would also say athansiou is pound for pound the better pure athlete, he just doesn’t have the head to use it.

please, be mean to me if you feel it is warranted! makes things more interesting.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
People need to get over the demidov thing. He didn’t play in the KHL, he didn’t play in any of the international tournaments against other elite prospects and no one was able to scout him in person. I get why teams are gun shy about him.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
i’m not saying he’s untalented. talent is a vaugery. to bring it back to my examples, i would say he’s more talented than athanasiou. i would also say athansiou is pound for pound the better pure athlete, he just doesn’t have the head to use it.

please, be mean to me if you feel it is warranted! makes things more interesting.
Ha I'm very good at three things. Being loud, being smart, and being mean. I'm actively working on not being that person anymore.

Talent is a vaguery. Athanasiou is Connor McDavid with a cement block brain. AA is one of the most gifted hockey players on the planet. He's an absolute idiot. He's a unicorn because he's so incredibly talented he's still in the league despite being a moron.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
If we take Levshunov at 2, I really hope we trade 18 and whatever for some forward help.

I'd love the rumoured deal to snag McGroarty + Ehlers, for 18th, Murphy (retained) + whatever else.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If we take Levshunov at 2, I really hope we trade 18 and whatever for some forward help.

I'd love the rumoured deal to snag McGroarty + Ehlers, for 18th, Murphy (retained) + whatever else.
Why not just to draft a forward? Nobody drafted this year 2 should be in the nhl next year anyway

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Why not just to draft a forward? Nobody drafted this year 2 should be in the nhl next year anyway
I think McGroarty would be better than anyone at 18, and then having that be a part of a bigger deal for someone like Ehlers would be great as he could put up numbers and then be flipped for even more assets in the future.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Ha I'm very good at three things. Being loud, being smart, and being mean. I'm actively working on not being that person anymore.

Talent is a vaguery. Athanasiou is Connor McDavid with a cement block brain. AA is one of the most gifted hockey players on the planet. He's an absolute idiot. He's a unicorn because he's so incredibly talented he's still in the league despite being a moron.
i agree with this assessment. in my mind strome is the inverse of that. a guy with middle six physical talent (hands, shot, speed, etc.) who relies on excellent hockey iq to elevate himself into being a non-ideal top six scoring option. athansiou is a guy with first line physical talent, but ahl level iq.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Davidson said they are willing to give out contracts with term.
if this front office had any sense in the world they would overpay Kane on a short term deal and pair him with Kurashev and Bedard...pair Nazar with Reichel and whoever...and be absolute trash, don't go give out term and cap to 'speed it up'...if these fools do that and whiff on this pick they're going to end up shit canned eventually

Reactions: x Tame Impala

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
As usual, when Bob McKenzie speaks, people pay attention. Interesting to get his perspective. At a glance the first things I noticed: Sailyev moved down 2 spots .... and Mac is higher on Iginla than most scouts. FWIW

IharRB

Dec 17, 2023
Celebrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom
Buium
Dickinson
Sennecke
Yakemchuk
Demidov
Catton