Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He's barely played in the playoffs and hasn't won a round.

I don't mind Carrier but to say he's some playoff hero is weird. I don't see him solving any of our issues if he's brought in as the "missing piece" while we ship out Chychrun.
He’s a very positionally sound D who may complement Chabot the same way Demelo did. Not physically imposing but enough size and smarts to be effective.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
AFP Analytics has Roy at 5yr $5.9M, how would folks feel about going 7yrs, $6.5M? Would take him to 36. Even if he turned that down it might serve to put the screws to Detroit and cause them to spend more.
As long as we can get Pinto signed first, we can probably offer that much. Otherwise every $ will be coming out of what you can offer him, without paying to dump Joseph.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
So purely his point production? Not sure that's really what we need. We have guys in the AHL that can probably pot 20-30 points and provide that kind of offense (I'm sure Jarventie and Ostapchuk, or even a Crookshank have the potential to put up around 20 points).

What Ottawa does need in their bottom 6 are some solid PKers, responsible players, and physicality, none of which Zadina provides.
1. Jarventie and Ostapchuk may not be ready for the big show yet.
2. We need scoring from out bottom 6 as well.

Ideally we could run
Joseph-Greig-Zadina

as our third line, and then have a 4th line of PKers.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
1. Jarventie and Ostapchuk may not be ready for the big show yet.
2. We need scoring from out bottom 6 as well.

Ideally we could run
Joseph-Greig-Zadina

as our third line, and then have a 4th line of PKers.
Zadina isn’t coming here, he’s not what Sens need at all, he can’t even find a job in SJ.

Reactions: Dionysus

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Would like the team to make offer to Clutterbuck, Martin and Lomberg

anger-management-jack-nicholson.gif

(Aragorn reading your post.)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Roy will be costly. I think Carrier can give us improvement for less $. Also would like Hakanpaaaaa

F Zadina he is nothing. I never wanted him in his draft year which was the height of his being wanted by anyone,

At what point do we call Zadina a bust

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
And, as a result, defenceman Erik Brannstrom and winger Parker Kelly were both shown the door. Neither player was issued a qualifying offer to retain their rights as restricted free agents and they’ll now be able to shop themselves around when the market opens Monday at noon.

The deadline to tender the offers was 5 p.m. EST on Sunday.

The club did qualify restricted free agent centre Shane Pinto, goaltender Mads Sogaard and Belleville winger Egor Sokolov.
The club is also expected to let Kelly test the unrestricted free agent market by not giving him an offer either. He’s a restricted free agent with rights to arbitration and after seven years in the organization the club has decided it wants to move on.

Kelly, who made $775,000 on the first one-way contract of his career, recorded eight goals and 18 points in 82 games last season. The Senators offered him a deal, but weren’t able to get anything done. He’s a solid fourth-liner and should be able to help somebody else.
Sounds like it's official on Parker Kelly. Katchouk as well I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00