Speculation: Ducks are the only team without a single UFA signing (Still need to hit Cap Floor)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anaheim now open for teams that need to shed cap.... send us your middle 6 cap casualties and your RHD cap casualties.

I mean im okay bringing rico back as like a 4c or something... or maybe put him with terrys bum ass... and keep them both away from zegras.

Honestly think they will run Leo, Z, Mac, and Lundy down the middle. So he’d be a winger if he came back. Although he can win FO’s and has always been good support for the kids. Probably be used for PK and defensive FO’s.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
Ducks will announce that their 23rd roster player this year is the entire Anaheim Ducks fan base. Free jerseys, parking, hot dogs and beer for every game, and free tickets for Sunday games. That should help to burn off a few million to help the team reach the salary floor.

The team needs our help. :thumbu:

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Maybe not a bad thing. I remember some antsy Devils fans were mad at the team not signing somebody and twisted themselves into thinking that signing Calvin de Haan or Jake Gardiner was the answer.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
They'll get the 2nd tier of players who are ok with losing, nice weather, and being paid about 2mil AAV more than they deserve to play top line and top PP instead of 3rd line on a good team.

As an Oilers fan I saw this for over a decade in Edmonton (minus the weather).

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Technically the Habs have only signed a guy for the AHL squad. League is wide open though right now, makes sense for some of these teams to try and win it all before a new pseudo dynasty emerges.
Marchessault 5.5 million, DeBrusk 5.5m. They be good signings. Habs with 7 million in cap and can't even sign a 4th liner. No depth even. Go with AHL fodder like RHP or Pezz instead.

Nobody will sign here! Carrier 3m, There were tons of good deals available

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
A man of action.... implementing his mentor's 10 year Yzerplan

1719870328870.png

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
They'll get the 2nd tier of players who are ok with losing, nice weather, and being paid about 2mil AAV more than they deserve to play top line and top PP instead of 3rd line on a good team.

As an Oilers fan I saw this for over a decade in Edmonton (minus the weather).
Chiarelli isn’t in charge here

emptynetter3

Jan 8, 2024
i actually like this move....Ducks need to really see what they have in this team, i think they need to go into this season putting a lot of pressure on the players to show what they can do, so you can evaluate who is a keeper and who needs to get moved out....the expectation going into camp should be PO's and see how the players respond, then look to add to the lineup or move guys out.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
And finish bottom 5 again.
You mean getting a top 5 pick? If your not going for it I'd rather build through draft thats how you build a team. I mean you guys literally did it with Perry and Getzlaf and when were ready got Niedermayer and some bum named Pronger in a trade. Worked out pretty good for you guys.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You mean getting a top 5 pick? If your not going for it I'd rather build through draft thats how you build a team. I mean you guys literally did it with Perry and Getzlaf and when were ready got Niedermayer and some bum named Pronger in a trade. Worked out pretty good for you guys.
Getzlaf and Perry were selected with the 19th and 28th overall picks the same year they made the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time. I mean, I get the underlying premise may have some merit depending on who you ask, but this wasn't the way to illustrate that point lol.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Getzlaf and Perry were selected with the 19th and 28th overall picks the same year they made the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time. I mean, I get the underlying premise may have some merit depending on who you ask, but this wasn't the way to illustrate that point lol.
Yes you are correct bad example but you get the premise.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yes you are correct bad example but you get the premise.
I do. But I also don't believe the Ducks should just sow the oats of the draft forever either.

It's kind of a complicated situation but at some point, Anaheim's kids are gonna get to their prime years (Zegras is basically right there and Terry's smack dab in the middle). They're going to have to build a team around them at some point or they just end up recycling older top draft picks with younger ones.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Marchessault 5.5 million, DeBrusk 5.5m. They be good signings. Habs with 7 million in cap and can't even sign a 4th liner. No depth even. Go with AHL fodder like RHP or Pezz instead.

Nobody will sign here! Carrier 3m, There were tons of good deals available
Marchessault went on the record as saying that he would have joined the habs if they had the same offer as Nashville. I agree with the habs - giving him 5 X 5.5 didnt really fit with where the habs are now. the guy is 33 now - i wouldnt go with much more of a contract than 2 years maybe.

I think the habs trade for a forward that can fit in the top 6 for that window of 2-3 years. Perhaps a veteran with things to prove, or someone who had an off season last year and plans to prove that they still have what it takes, and Montreal flips them later if their value augments enough by the TDL. I've seen rumors on a Laine or Skinner, but I don't like either, TBH.

I'd much prefer a scenario where we get a prospect close to the nhl - McGroarty seems to be getting lots of rumors recently.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Bet the Ducks are about to get paid to take on some decent players from cap strapped teams.

Ceci, Joseph, Faksa, etc...

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bet the Ducks are about to get paid to take on some decent players from cap strapped teams.

Ceci, Joseph, Faksa, etc...

They still need to spend about 6 million just to get to the floor. So yeah expect something since there really are no UFA’s left that fit.

Hopefully they can land a solid player who is still good but just being pushed out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad