DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
1718989688928.png

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Berkly Catton went under my radar, but Abbott thinks he's Brackett's pick, while Guerin may want MBN.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Berkly Catton went under my radar, but Abbott thinks he's Brackett's pick, while Guerin may want MBN.

hockeywilderness isn’t even worth reading half the time. That being said, If Guerin takes MBN over Catton we should just fold.

I think it will be Perekh or Solberg

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
hockeywilderness isn’t even worth reading half the time. That being said, If Guerin takes MBN over Catton we should just fold.

I think it will be Perekh or Solberg
Maybe he's going for a D, we'll find out next week.

I for one think hockeywilderness has some interesting stuff. How about this one?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Maybe he's going for a D, we'll find out next week.

I for one think hockeywilderness has some interesting stuff. How about this one?

I know being out on Rossi is the cool thing to do these days but I don’t think you’re realistically getting a pick for him that will turn into a 2C caliber player, which he is right on track to become.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Don’t want to spoil anything but my list will be ready soon. I’ve done attribute evaluations of 60+ players based on my viewings as well as the “consensus” of the journalism scouts. I’m putting together a model to do the official ranking based of those attributes as well as size and production. Still playing with how to weight the different attributes, looking predominantly on what has worked in the last 5 drafts (2017-2021), as well as adding in situational context manually. For example, Sennecke’s production score would be relatively average, but doesn’t take into account the trajectory of the player. Terik Parasack’s production is indicative of a high-end prospect, but it doesn’t take into account the strength of the team and line he is playing on.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don’t want to spoil anything but my list will be ready soon. I’ve done attribute evaluations of 60+ players based on my viewings as well as the “consensus” of the journalism scouts. I’m putting together a model to do the official ranking based of those attributes as well as size and production. Still playing with how to weight the different attributes, looking predominantly on what has worked in the last 5 drafts (2017-2021), as well as adding in situational context manually. For example, Sennecke’s production score would be relatively average, but doesn’t take into account the trajectory of the player. Terik Parasack’s production is indicative of a high-end prospect, but it doesn’t take into account the strength of the team and line he is playing on.
That's what you call a tease.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Who are the players expected to go in the 10-20 range that people would be really disappointed if we picked?
I guess that depends on which scouting service you're looking at. Looking at Bob McKenzie's, I'd say Chernyshov, a little bit Jiricek, and maybe Connelly. Emil Hemming is one I don't know how to feel about because I know very little about him.

But truly, even if they took my least favorite players among these, I wouldn't be blisteringly hot about it or anything. I will be blisteringly hot if they take a guy from WAY off the board, though. I don't think they can afford to do that again so soon.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Solberg? The one EliteProspects called the most violent man in the draft :oops:

Can't go wrong with him. The Wild could use a big, physical kid on the blueline.
I agree. I've been watching more of him this week. Here's some thoughts:

• Sometimes he makes poor decisions with the puck by doing too much, but he's got good hands and passing, and his outlets are clean when he keeps things simple.
  • He actually looks like Brodin while side-stepping forecheckers. I think his forward skating is really good, with nice edge work, pivolts, and stops and starts. Could stand to be a step faster, though.
  • His backward skating is too slow and needs work.
  • He is NASTY. He reminds me of Kronwall in his playstyle, though Solberg's bigger, joins the rush more, and skates a little more agilely.
  • I wish he was a more willing shooter. His wrist shot is quite good and has beaten professional goalies cleanly.
  • Very confident player. Overconfident, even.
He has very similar strengths and weaknesses to Yakemchuk, actually, and I'm no longer sure which one I prefer. I think Yak is the more prolific one offensively, but I think Solberg is significantly better defensively and his weaknesses don't run quite as deep as Yak's. Both need to work on their backwards skating and turnovers of the puck via poor decisions, but I think the root of those decisions is different. I guess it's sort of a "what's your risk tolerance" question between choosing between these two, and I'm glad that choice isn't mine.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Thrilled: Yakemchuk, Parekh, Catton

Just OK: Eiserman, Helenius, Solberg, Chernyshov, Connelly

Grumpy: MBN, Jiricek, Greentree

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My new top choice for the 1st rounder is to trade it for McGroarty, who I like better, and is more NHL ready, than anyone we could realistically pick at 13. I would wait to see who's available at 13 on draft night, and if it's not a no brainer pick like Boldy was, trade 13 and 45/prospect for him.

Reactions: tyratoku

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
If y'all get Catton or one of the defensemen who fall (Parekh, Buium, Dickinson specifically), that would be great. If you draft Helenius and DON'T RUSH HIM TO THE LEAGUE, you will be getting a solid 65 point two way forward.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
My new top choice for the 1st rounder is to trade it for McGroarty, who I like better, and is more NHL ready, than anyone we could realistically pick at 13. I would wait to see who's available at 13 on draft night, and if it's not a no brainer pick like Boldy was, trade 13 and 45/prospect for him.
Too rich for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad