2024 NHL Draft: Play with no weenie, for Celebrini

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Lots of different reasons. Trouble getting them signed, bailing from the AHL team, staying in the KHL for too long, etc.
Cultural + language barriers.
Stuff that happened to Panarin, Vojnov situation, Ovie gate, and so on.
Won't name names but some of them had substance issues (yes, it can happen to anyone)

I know some teams is reluctant too. But it's just my personal opinion, in total I think it's not worth it.
Some other reasons I can't mention on this board bc the site rules.

Fair enough, I can see the logic. I guess I wouldn't personally be reluctant to draft them until that fear of Russian factor materializes on an actual Wild draft pick. Which is also how I feel about the college free agency "loophole".

I'd rather take advantage of other teams' reluctance and draft the Russians that fall because of it, like Michkov at #7, or even Yurov at #24

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
I'm not sure I understand the Heidt and MBN comparison. Can you explain that to me?
both seem like a very similar type of player even if heidt is maybe 2 inches shorter than MBN. from what i read they both do everything well (not sure about PK). you tell me whats the diff? i don't see it and with a lack of roster spots i'd swing for something special. just my opinion.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i have no issue with chernyshov other than #13 is a little high to pick him. if hes sharangovich 2.0 and yurov is boldy 2.0 or better we will have all the firepower we need.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
both seem like a very similar type of player even if heidt is maybe 2 inches shorter than MBN. from what i read they both do everything well (not sure about PK). you tell me whats the diff? i don't see it and with a lack of roster spots i'd swing for something special. just my opinion.
Heidt is a skill player who excels at passing the puck. MBN is more of a 200ft grinder with superior size, strength and skating.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I haven't watched him play in years, so I may be remembering his style of game wrong, but does Greentree remind anyone else of Jason Allison?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

Catton is falling. Is he Rossi 2.0?
Heh, when the Wild picked Kaprizov he was considered a "goal scoring version of Granlund" due to his size, IQ, and slowish skating. Now he's being called an elite skater. That makes me wonder if scouts just talk without knowing what they're talking about sometimes, or if his development really rocketed after his draft. Maybe a bit of both.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Heh, when the Wild picked Kaprizov he was considered a "goal scoring version of Granlund" due to his size, IQ, and slowish skating. Now he's being called an elite skater. That makes me wonder if scouts just talk without knowing what they're talking about sometimes, or if his development really rocketed after his draft. Maybe a bit of both.
I am known for having bad grammar but I believe the scout said the Demidov is “not an elite skater, like Kaprizov, but very skilled”. In other words he was saying that, just like Kaprizov, Demidov is not an elite skater.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kaprizov is a pretty elite skater though, he's just not fast

Reactions: BagHead

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
The quote 100% should be read that Kaprizov *is* an elite skater while Demidov is not.

By the way, McKenzie has Letourneau at 36. Last year he had Stramel at 34. #eerie

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The quote 100% should be read that Kaprizov *is* an elite skater while Demidov is not.

By the way, McKenzie has Letourneau at 36. Last year he had Stramel at 34. #eerie
bite your tongue!

I have heard some scouts, while being generally complimentary of Catton, question his hockey IQ in the sense that he makes too many "hope plays", similar to what Fiala, and even Kaprizov, do, at times. I think it goes with the territory when you are picking a skilled offensive player, but it is something to watch. They compared his play in that respect with Luchanko and Helenius, ranking him below them in that area only. They praised those two players as being very smart, and "playing like coaches".

Positives to Catton were his speed, neutral zone play with the puck, and zone entries. They think he might be a wing in the pros.

Main negative was his size.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
A scout in the BMac article talking about Sennecke;

"A big forward with size and high-end skill who’s just realizing how good he can be, he also seems to have an F-you vibe to his game,” said another scout. “I don’t think I’m alone in asking this question, but is it possible he could turn out to be the best forward in the draft besides Celebrini?”

This is what you call foreshadowing.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
A scout in the BMac article talking about Sennecke;

"A big forward with size and high-end skill who’s just realizing how good he can be, he also seems to have an F-you vibe to his game,” said another scout. “I don’t think I’m alone in asking this question, but is it possible he could turn out to be the best forward in the draft besides Celebrini?”

This is what you call foreshadowing.

I'm now 100% convinced that the scout who said that was Brackett and that the Wild are picking Sennecke

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Ah, I understand what you're saying now. I can't claim to have watched enough of Heidt to really speak to the differences in his game. I know MBN is very physical with a strong shot and a nose for the net. I've heard Heidt is scrappy, so there's certainly some level of physicality implied in that. I can't wait to actually get to watch more of Heidt, hopefully in a Wild sweater.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
The Sharks/Sabres move pretty much guarantees that San Jose takes whichever defender of the top group lingers past #10, meaning there is basically no chance a guy like Parekh or Yakemchuk slips to the Wild.

I just have to assume Guerin will try and trade back at this point. It's a bummer, but oh well.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Sharks/Sabres move pretty much guarantees that San Jose takes whichever defender of the top group lingers past #10, meaning there is basically no chance a guy like Parekh or Yakemchuk slips to the Wild.

I just have to assume Guerin will try and trade back at this point. It's a bummer, but oh well.
Heh? Where is it written in stone that we have to take a Dman with our 1st rounder? I will be fine with one of Sennecke, Helenius, Iginla, or Catton. I sure hope that we wait till out turn comes up before we decide to trade down.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

If this was more NFL-like (based more on need), I'd have:
Anaheim
Utah
Seattle
SJ
Ottawa
As the only teams I'd be surprised didn't take a defenseman.

Then you just need 7 forwards to go: Celebrini, Demidov, Catton, Iginla, Lindstrom, Sennecke/Helenius/Eiserman.

This would leave us one of the six.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I sure hope that we wait till out turn comes up before we decide to trade down.

I'm 100% with this.

I'm not a huge fan of trading back in general. Hypothetically if we want Solberg, 13 might be a small reach for him, but there's no guarantee he's still there at 18. Just take the next best guy you want and stop worrying about it. Especially for a team that needs more high end talent.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Absolutely wait and see how the draft unfolds first.

It all depends on where they think the drops are. If you're dropping tiers in a move down, then it shouldn't look "fair", it should look to be in our favor.

Going from #13 to #18 goes through 1.5 tiers for me, which is why I wouldn't do if for pick #50 but might for pick #34.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad