2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Video is our friend. Same with mini-Jiricek.
I agree, just sucks that I'm caught up on his videos. Lots to like, somethings to question but that package is so enticing.

With the way things are moving ranking wise, I have to say that Yakemchuk is looking more and more likely. I love his compete, and willingness to lay a beating on people. My only concern to keep an eye on is whether he's one of those all tools, no toolbox types

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Are we taking another midget this draft?
If KA is still our GM, then yes.

On a side note, we're 6th overall right now. We'd really have to crash and burn to fall any further down. We have a 7 point "lead" over Ottawa, although they've played 4 less games.

So I guess there is a decent chance we'll finish bottom 5.

Reactions: KeyserSoze81

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Probably the end of an era -

I admit, I didn't watch it the other night. It was always a fun event to go to just for seeing guys off camera and away from the puck. It was also before things started streaming and being readily available.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Picked the right night to take in some Windsor to see Greentree... 3 goals, 3 assists for him in an 8-2 win over Peterborough.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
A frustrating thing about the way Adams has drafted for the past few drafts is, the Sabres may be in position to draft Ivan Demidov, and they simply cannot draft another undersized winger. It's a shame, because he'd be the best of them. Now they have to force size and/or position, at a time when they have a high pick.

Reactions: Chainshot

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
A frustrating thing about the way Adams has drafted for the past few drafts is, the Sabres may be in position to draft Ivan Demidov, and they simply cannot draft another undersized winger. It's a shame, because he'd be the best of them. Now they have to force size and/or position, at a time when they have a high pick.
I don’t think you ever force size/position. Not for someone who isn’t in the plans for at least a couple of years. They took Benson despite size concerns. BPA. But then you need to work on pro scouting to fill immediate holes and be willing to make moves. I think KA takes the path of least resistance drafting BPA and doing nothing via trade.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Have you not met GM Kevyn Adams?

He can, and will, draft another undersized winger. It's his "thing". :laugh:

He might if it's Demidov. Hell, Berkly Catton would be high on my list if they're in their usual 8-spot and he's there. *shrug*

But right now, I'm day dreaming that they can figure out how to get some guys like Greentree or Brandsegg-Nygard to load up a further injection of skilled size to go with Wahlberg.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Demidov isn't THAT small. B-Mac's list has him at 5'11", 181 pounds.

Yeah, he could stand to put on a couple of pounds.......but he's not Benson-sized. The Amerks list Kulich at 5'11", 170 pounds and he's hardly mentioned among our "undersized" winger brigade.

The average height of an NHL forward in 2024 is 6 foot, 0.5 inches. It's not like we're fielding an entire team of Zach Bensons.

If Demidov is BPA where we pick, we pick him. It's no more complicated than that.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
There's a lot to like about Greentree but he's on the slower side and likes taking shifts off. I'm personally jumping on the Yakemchuk bandwagon the rest of the year as he checks my personal boxes of big, fast, mean, nasty and a RHD

Calling him "big" is a little disingenuous. He's 6'2" and 188. Slightly bigger than R. Johnson.

That said, our D could certainly handle a guy like that given the size of Dahlin/Power/Sammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad