2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
what happened to that guy wasn't he touted as the No1 in the 24 draft?
Button still has him at #2.

And he is #2 in the EP composite rankings.

So, Sam C being lower on him seems to be an outlier take.

:dunno:

Reactions: debaser66

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
SmartSelect_20240114_193511_Instagram.jpg

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
ONG got it right. Silayev or Yakemchuk. Yakemchuk is a can't miss top4 RHD, probably 1st pair. All depends on how much they like Silayev and if he is there at 10/11 (which is where I think we end up)

Beaudoin or Humphreys in round 2

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
ONG got it right. Silayev or Yakemchuk. Yakemchuk is a can't miss top4 RHD, probably 1st pair. All depends on how much they like Silayev and if he is there at 10/11 (which is where I think we end up)

Beaudoin or Humphreys in round 2
I know we have power and dahlin but I would prefer silayev when I saw yakker I thought risto it was earlier in the year though

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Brandsegg-Nygard wins the battle to clear the zone, Noah Steen moves it to Vesterheim for the goal.

That line also has the 3rd goal for Mora IK today, off Steen's stick in front. It would be interesting if Norway could start producing some hockey talent. (They need youth rinks.)

Edit - they were involved in three of Mora's 4 goals in the 4-3 win. Steen had two, Vesterheim one. Brandsegg-Nygard remains a guy I would be very interested in since he plays a contact game and plays up to (and above) his size at this level.

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I always look forward to the HFB and X posts declaring that "Bob doesn't know what he's talking about!" when their favorite prospect is slighted.

The annual explanation that Bob takes a survey of his margarita bros who are NHL scouts, GMs, AGMs, etc... and he does an average of those listings too.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

View attachment 808621

So looking at that top 15 -- I am seeing a distinct lack of size among forward prospects (hell, even the D in our range aren't exactly big guys). Lindstrom could be the 2nd forward taken, so I'm not anticipating being able to take him.

That said....it looks like Hemming, Greentree, Chernysov, Sennecke and Brandsegg-Nygard are in that 15-20 group and have some size.........and I know NOTHING about any of them. Time to do some digging.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So looking at that top 15 -- I am seeing a distinct lack of size among forward prospects (hell, even the D in our range aren't exactly big guys). Lindstrom could be the 2nd forward taken, so I'm not anticipating being able to take him.

That said....it looks like Hemming, Greentree, Chernysov, Sennecke and Brandsegg-Nygard are in that 15-20 group and have some size.........and I know NOTHING about any of them. Time to do some digging.

And I'm not sold on Lindstrom even if he's there. He's the sort of guy who probably gets a bit overdrafted because of the idea of what he might be. I've tried watching him more and there is some of Connor Geekie or Kirby Dach there for me - someone needs to kick him in the ass at times to get the most out of himself. That's in limited views, I'm just not seeing it yet.

Then I watch Berkly Catton and that kid is another Tasmanian devil in pursuit and pressure, never seems to take any time off ever. If he was an inch taller, it'd be no question. Brandsegg-Nygard seems like he's settled a bit into the 20's and some criticism is for his U20 performance. It's odd when pros use a particular tournament to gauge a player - watching his Mora games in Allsvenskan and he is really interesting. I'm not sure Buffalo can figure out a way to get a pick in that 20-ish range shy of flipping down from wherever they wind up to end the season shy of some sort of miracle.

If they go defense, I'm most curious about the younger Jiricek. I figure Silayev and Levshunov are gone - not banking on losing out that hard nor winning any ping pong ball battles. Adam Jiricek has some Strbak-plus to his game to me in the bits I've seen.

Reactions: Jim Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad