2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Brad Allen and Jerome Berube of HockeyProspect dropped a 2 hour discussion of picks #32 to #17 yesterday on Youtube. Sorry, don't know how to embed.

If you are in YT, go to the "share":

1718988220700.png

...and then click it to get another to get the link...

1718988287420.png

...and hit copy.

Then ctrl-V or paste in your response here.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

If this happened I’m guessing Iginla would get the most support at 11. So let’s change it up. Pretend Iginla goes at 10 here. Who are you taking at 11?

So it would go

Celebrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom
Demidov
Sennecke
Dickinson
Buium
Parekh
Iginla

Then we are on the clock

I’m on Catton

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

If this happened I’m guessing Iginla would get the most support at 11. So let’s change it up. Pretend Iginla goes at 10 here. Who are you taking at 11?

So it would go

Celebrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom
Demidov
Sennecke
Dickinson
Buium
Parekh
Iginla

Then we are on the clock

I’m on Catton

This is interesting. Catton or Helenius probably. There is also MBN. But seriously, if we compare Catton with Helenius, it seems like two good players.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

So it would go

Celebrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom
Demidov
Sennecke
Dickinson
Buium
Parekh
Iginla

Then we are on the clock

I’m on Catton

I still want MBN.

Reactions: Ehran

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Cool article about how the Sabres analytics team plans for the draft. They had calculated an only 10% chance they'd be able to pick Benson at #13.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
MBN, Yak and Helenius are all long term fixes for the team. Catton could be a homerun as well.
I think we should keep the pick this year and trade some of our other assetts to remove the winger bottleneck.
The exact same 4 guys I'm really digging into as well. It would be hard to screw this pick up if Adams ends up keeping it.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This exercise really shows why I have so little stress in this draft compared to the past couple. All those names are just…yeah sounds good. Or if one of the other guys that went fall instead. Cool. I have slight preferences but it’s nothing like the want for Benson or Savoie or Kulich for me the last two years where I really liked them and had no one close when we were up. I really like a lot of people that might be there and at least four will be there no matter who goes top ten.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
:dunno:

Buffalo Sabres: Goaltender
Buffalo made a lot of picks in recent years and has young depth at every position. The Sabres have young goalie depth, as Devon Levi and Ukko Pekka-Luukkonen are strong young goalies. If I had to pick a position I’d like to see them add more talent to, though, it would be in net, and continuing to try to find their clear starter of the future.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
:dunno:

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that this is actually a compliment. That they’ve have so many young high end forwards and D that the roster will work itself out and the biggest question mark on every team outside of the few that have a top 5 guy is goalie. That taking big shots at more goalies and finding one on that level is the difference between building a playoff team and a cup winner.

But come on. Center. Forwards with size. RHD.

Too many places they aren’t actually that strong to be going after more goalies five years away as your BIGGEST need. Mid round shots every year? Go nuts.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Who are the people that could fall that would change your pick? I know some are unrealistic. Celebrini isn’t falling. But I’m curious who would move you off MBN.
Fun question. I'm gonna guess that Chain says Lindstrom.

Is Sennecke rumored to be a big climber right now ?
He seems to be consensus top 10 at this point. After reading a thousand lists, his average seems to be around 7 - 10.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I really like this draft. I hope the Sabres don’t pick at 11, because I’m impatient about this team being competitive, but golly, did it have to be this draft? Tried to construct a “nightmare scenario” where all the guys I like go higher than expected and we get “stuck” at 11, and, I couldn’t do it. There’s no way this draft falls that the Sabres don’t have a player on the board that I really like. It’s refreshing.
Edit: Of course there are players the Sabres could draft that I wouldn’t be a fan of, but I’m pretty confident that Jerry Forton dislikes the same guys I do, so I won’t fret.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I really like this draft. I hope the Sabres don’t pick at 11, because I’m impatient about this team being competitive, but golly, did it have to be this draft? Tried to construct a “nightmare scenario” where all the guys I like go higher than expected and we get “stuck” at 11, and, I couldn’t do it. There’s no way this draft falls that the Sabres don’t have a player on the board that I really like. It’s refreshing.
Edit: Of course there are players the Sabres could draft that I wouldn’t be a fan of, but I’m pretty confident that Jerry Forton dislikes the same guys I do, so I won’t fret.
And then you hear at #11 The Buffalo Sabres are happy to select from the NTDP Cole Eiserman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad