The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Agreed. Doesn't make any sense unless something else is cooking
Same thought. This only makes sense as part of another move. Either they didn’t want to give up #11 for whatever player and feel better giving up #14 after recouping a 2nd. Or they wanted the extra 2nd for another move.

Otherwise this makes no sense at all. No reason to move down and add more picks to the current pipeline.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
So with the trade back, it's looking like the Necas dream (FWIW) is now dead?

No sleep will be lost here.

Which good bottom-sixers can be picked up with our two shiny 2nds?
I'm keeping an eye on Jeannot. Not sure Tampa would trade him here, but Ruff wants someone who can fight.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I can't watch Adams latest comments until I get home. Did he really say Krebs could be an answer at center? And was the question "how will we know you've failed for the fifth straight offseason?"

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I can't watch Adams latest comments until I get home. Did he really say Krebs could be an answer at center? And was the question "how will we know you've failed for the fifth straight offseason?"
He did.

Personally, I can't believe he didn't drop his poker face and start publicly begging the league to give him the 3C that we desperately need.

I'm hoping that he was applying some level of subterfuge, to the dismay of those fans who want to know exactly what is going to happen before it ever happens.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

I missed this and had to go back because I actually saw people quote tweeting @Gabrielor about this. It was a very quick comment and if you blinked you'd miss it.

At the 12:56 mark of the interview, Lance asked KA how him and his staff felt about the FA and trade market for available centers. Kevin talked about how "in demand" the position is, and how they knew it would be a challenge when they made the Mitts trade. Then at the end of his answer he gave the following brief comment:

"I do get excited about Peyton Krebs' game and where we believe he can get to, we have have prospects in the system..."

I've said for a while, they really like him. It seems to be buying him a lot of time, patience, and trust with management despite the on ice performance.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Goose also went at the TDL not in the offseason

He also provided a very specific set of skills that Nashville was seeking and utilized extremely well in his time there. His defensive zone starts to offensive zone ends remain shockingly good. They’ve actually gone into why they did it and if you look at Paul’s use while they’re, it was even more heavily slanted.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I missed this and had to go back because I actually saw people quote tweeting @Gabrielor about this. It was a very quick comment and if you blinked you'd miss it.

At the 12:56 mark of the interview, Lance asked KA how him and his staff felt about the FA and trade market for available centers. Kevin talked about how "in demand" the position is, and how they knew it would be a challenge when they made the Mitts trade. Then at the end of his answer he gave the following brief comment:

"I do get excited about Peyton Krebs' game and where we believe he can get to, we have have prospects in the system..."

I've said for a while, they really like him. It seems to be buying him a lot of time, patience, and trust with management despite the on ice performance.
Confirmed.

I'm happy about it.

I'm unsurprised that a lot of people hate it.

I like the player, I trust in him.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

That'd be a risky move. Eekkkk

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is my 16-team NTC btw, kind of a fun exercise to write it out:
Winnipeg
NYI
NYR
Utah
Toronto
Carolina
Edmonton
Anaheim
LA
Columbus
Ottawa
Washington
Calgary
St. Louis
Minnesota
SJ
They were speculating that Ullmark may not have had Ottawa on the list because of Korpisalo’s contract. He didn’t think they would be interested in spending on a goalie and may have outsmarted himself. That was on one of the editions of 32 thoughts.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

So he admits he decided to make a trade he knew was going to put the team in a real bad spot from a roster perspective (to acquire a redundant luxury at best) and we're supposed to trust him to nail it this offseason?

They were speculating that Ullmark may not have had Ottawa on the list because of Korpisalo’s contract. He didn’t think they would be interested in spending on a goalie and may have outsmarted himself. That was on one of the additions of 32 thoughts.
Around these parts that's called "Pulling an Eric Staal".

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
So he admits he decided to make a trade he knew was going to put the team in a real bad spot from a roster perspective (to acquire a redundant luxury at best) and we're supposed to trust him to nail it this offseason?
It should tell you they were aware of the downside of the move they made and felt the upside outweighed it. I'm not sure we'd want anything different.
Ugh, textbook taking quotes out of context. What is this, politics?

He mentioned that Krebs could become a good center and that they have prospects, but they "need help for now." He was not saying that Krebs is the answer for now. The part of the quote that made it clear he did NOT think Krebs for next year was the solution was left out.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It should tell you they were aware of the downside of the move they made and felt the upside outweighed it. I'm not sure we'd want anything different.
Which is terrifying given they are desperately attempting to dig themselves out of the gigantic hole they deliberately created, which suggests there's virtually no chance the upside outweighed it..

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

Ugh, textbook taking quotes out of context. What is this, politics?

He mentioned that Krebs could become a good center and that they have prospects, but they "need help for now." He was not saying that Krebs is the answer for now. The part of the quote that made it clear he did NOT think Krebs for next year was the solution was left out.
So which is it? He hinted at Krebs as the solution for now or he didn't. I mean, his words mean shit really at this point because one way or another he has to actually get a much better C, and to think he's relying on prospects if not Krebs...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad