2024 NHL All-Star Game selections

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
The all star game is literally for children , like little children , the fact some people on HFboard or online cry about the selections every year is hilarious to me

Bro its for the little kids to have fun and get some autographs at the host city . Please stop crying :laugh:

100%. Sad to see how some are reacting. Lol.

Is literally a fan event to get autographs and have fun and celebrate the league.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Is literally a fan event to get autographs and have fun and celebrate the league.
And honestly the hockey community doesn't count all star appearances as accolades when comparing greats nearly as much as the NBA community does so that's an extra reason not to care who gets picked for NHL all star

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

KrisLeturnover

Jan 17, 2021
1704497151853.png

My votes atm. As someone who generally watches Eastern Conference teams, this reminds me of how damn good the Nucks are this year.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Okay, how about this. Just have a fan event where the purpose is to have fun and to celebrate the league, rather than calling it all-stars.

Crazy idea?

Hey, maybe then the players would be more eager to go, too. Since everyone knows the all-stars is a joke. But a dedicated fan event the players might not want to withdraw from.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Why do some people act like the ASG is some best on best tournament? It's supposed to be a lighthearted and fun event that brings exposure to other teams and allow players to show some some personality while also showcasing how skilled some of the players in the league are.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Okay, how about this. Just have a fan event where the purpose is to have fun and to celebrate the league, rather than calling it all-stars.

Crazy idea?

Hey, maybe then the players would be more eager to go, too. Since everyone knows the all-stars is a joke. But a dedicated fan event the players might not want to withdraw from.
And have it at the start of the season, not in the middle when things are serious.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
"We can't have actual, legitimate hockey played at an event that's meant for the fans, because as we all know fans don't actually enjoy hockey."

- Weird people

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
What is the format? 3v3? 4 teams? I ask because I saw Matthews and McDavid and no one else as captains. Draft so not Conference vs Conference or Division vs Division?

edit “The highlight of its Thursday festivities will be the league's first All-Star player draft in nearly a decade, with four All-Star captains -- and their celebrity captain partners -- drafting teams for Saturday's contest live in front of fans at Scotiabank Arena.”

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The all star game is literally for children , like little children , the fact some people on HFboard or online cry about the selections every year is hilarious to me

Bro its for the little kids to have fun and get some autographs at the host city . Please stop crying :laugh:
Idk, I'm almost 42 and I like the all star game. It doesn't take anything away from the games that matter. I just like the novelty of getting to see McDavid play with MacKinnon, Eichel, Hughes, etc. I normally hate these guys but for one game they are friends. Olympics is a much better version of this of course but even the Olympics get hated on constantly

Spargon

May 31, 2019

What's the age limit on enjoying it? It is like Santa, after age 10 or so that's it put your big boy pants on and shake your fist at clouds over the picks?

NHL needs signs saying no adults allowed at the autographs. In fact, anyone over 12 has to sit in the car and watch it all on their phone. Since only little kids are allowed to enjoy it.

What a hilariously dumb take.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I’m not a fan of every team getting a representative. Nobody wants to see Boone Jenner, with his 18 points on the season, compete in an All-Star Game, let alone a skills competition.

Or Tom Wilson with his 19 points and a minus 9 +/-. I wonder how that makes William Nylander feel with 51 points, currently 6th in the league in his contract year? Why not just do it like baseball and have as many guys as are deserving? Have 2 games if you need to.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Or Tom Wilson with his 19 points and a minus 9 +/-. I wonder how that makes William Nylander feel with 51 points, currently 6th in the league in his contract year? Why not just do it like baseball and have as many guys as are deserving? Have 2 games if you need to.

Oh no. How does William Nylander feel?

Lol GTFO of here man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad